SPOILERS: Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Series

LSLS

I'm sure they're not going to contradict Rebels WRT the Grand Inquisitor. Perhaps there is... another.

Or, he got better. Maul survived being cleft in twain and the fall. (Although, falls never kill a Force-user.)

And WRT Owen: It's likely he's grown fond of Luke and is thinking of him as his own son. Thus, he more than ever wants to protect him from his destiny than he did at first.

I'm still sticking to I don't think he's dead, cause agreed, don't think they'd pull that massive contradiction. But I agree with you on Owen, that doesn't surprise me at all. He raise Luke for 10 years now. With inquisitors killing all jedi, I can't imagine he's thrilled kenobi keeps talking about being around to train him.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok…they’re not REALLY having obi wan as a coward/waif are they?

I had to say it. Can’t get the fear to go away.

And they’re not REALLY making the only female bad guy some kinda dominatrix over all the others, are they? Vader’s gonna choke her out, right?

Jedijax719

I think people are upset that they offed the Grand Inquisitor so quickly and so easily (unless he's "Vadered" back to life).

Seeing Alderaan in all it's glory!....dream come true!!!

I REALLY like it so far, albeit being predictable. Two things are clearly obvious:
1. Reva is obviously an Order 66 survivor. Why she's so hell bent on Obi-Wan, who knows?
2. We will see or at least hear Liam Neeson. I can't see how they will avoid that with all the emphasis on him in the intro and Obi saying his name.

We also have to remember that Obi has NO idea what Vader looks like. He only senses that Ani's alive, but has zero idea in what form. So the shock when/if Obi sees Vader in all his glory.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think neeson is a given…
No reason to put that throwaway comment from the end in 2005 in the montage (which was great, by the way) unless he’s in the show

Opening scene was great too.

I wonder if the “green one” has anything to say…like a cutaway or something? Or McDiarmid

I had a theory before it premiered of how the arc was ultimately gonna go…you can’t have Episode 4 without something happening…my opinion

It could be a very clever/detailed twisting plot…it’s a little too straightforward so far - probably - but I hope the wiser angels knew that at LFL and that’s why they reportedly scrapped almost everything and went back to it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And I’ll just say this: at some point…the shows can’t be dumbed down quite so much. Like Mando season 2 and boba - though I enjoy both.

Like this is for the 50 year olds…they need to know their audience with this particular one. This is the hallowed grounds of Star Wars.

It can’t be 10 year old girl cute kick …like some kinda modified baby yoda. The kids can catch up and still love something a little more hardcore…like they once did with empire and the family struggle subplot in Jedi. Have a little faith in what you’re doing and the human instincts.

Phroobar

Didn't the Grand Inquisitor die four years after this show in Rebels?

After failing to do so several times, the Inquisitor manages to capture Kanan. He tortures him and interrogates him about the Rebels' whereabouts, but to no avail, prompting Grand Moff Tarkin to suggest that they take him to Mustafar, where Vader's castle is located. In "Fire Across the Galaxy", Kanan is rescued by Ezra, and the Jedi engage in a lightsaber duel with the Inquisitor, who scars Bridger. After being defeated by Kanan, the Grand Inquisitor commits suicide by allowing himself to fall into an exploding reactor core after Kanan refuses to kill him, as he feared his punishment for failure.

Is Filoni retracking his previous story?

doctornick

I think the Inquisitor will be injured but not dead in an upcoming episode. They’ve been mining all the cartoons including Rebels for these live action shows.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I was glad they did their "Previously, in the Star Wars prequels" recap as I'd contemplated rewatching them before this premiered but couldn't bring myself to do so. So this greatest hits bit was helpful as I haven't watched them in MANY years.

First ep I liked though I questioned how he kept getting away with stealing meat daily for his space camel.

Second ep I wondered how they had wandered onto Star Trek: Disco's Blade Runner-wannabe sets. Took a while to stop being distracted by that and by the Third Sister. I couldn't decide if it was her prequel-quality acting or the cheeseball wirework that made her more grating. Not sure the dialogue helped her either. I wanted to like her. But it was a struggle.

Though yes, even though mini-Leia is apparently as wise and insightful as Yoda, I couldn't help but like her. :D

And Ewan doing his Guinness impression again made me smile.

Oh and enjoyed Kumail as a con artist with a heart, too, even if that was a bit cliched.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I really liked it, great companion series to the movies.

Chow showed the scripts to Filoni and Favreau, and they appeared to sign off on it. Which is why we know the Grand Inquisitor will be ok, he has to survive to be in Rebel (canon), he has a canon shield.

I like the story is going away from Luke and focusing on Leia. It allows us to venture off into other planets besides the usual desert planet where most of these stories revolve.

So Leia has to get her mind wiped or she has to keep thinking that Obi-Wan is just Ben and not realize he is really Obi-Wan.

I do like that Leia is showing sparks of her force abilities, ability to read minds/feelings, but we know she'll never get any true Jedi training until Luke trains her after RotJ. I do wonder if Obi-Wan will give her some "tips" just to push her in the right direction.

Since this is likely the last dip into the Skywalker saga (as long as they stick to what they said) I have no issues with them making slight tweaks to the canon, as long as the main threads remain the same.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
....by the Third Sister. I couldn't decide if it was her prequel-quality acting or the cheeseball wirework that made her more grating. Not sure the dialogue helped her either. I wanted to like her. But it was a struggle.
One reason it may be a bit over the top is because of the backstory of the character. Many have theorized, even in this thread, that Reva is a former young Padawan that survived Order 66 and ended up joining the Empire to survive. And so she may feel she has an axe to grind against one of the former Master's she looked up to.

MarvelCharacterNerd

One reason it may be a bit over the top is because of the backstory of the character. Many have theorized, even in this thread, that Reva is a former young Padawan that survived Order 66 and ended up joining the Empire to survive. And so she may feel she has an axe to grind against one of the former Master's she looked up to.
Wasn't that what the opening scene of the first ep showed? Wasn't there a young Black girl amongst the Padawan who escaped or am I misremembering? I thought we were supposed to infer she was in that group that got away.

But it will be interesting, if so, to find out how she turned toward currying the favor of Anakin considering his role in it.

But I was bummed we didn't see a Baby Grogu escaping with the rest (or was he there and I missed it?).

Jacob Marley

And I’ll just say this: at some point…the shows can’t be dumbed down quite so much.
You mean you're not looking forward to an entire series explaining how and when Palpatine finds love and conceives Rey's parent? ;)
I'm guessing he shouts "Complete!" right after, but we'll just have to wait for that story to unfold...

Seriously though, Kenobi is starting off to be my favorite SW series so far. It's not perfect nor the quality of a theatrical release, but I'm sold so far.

Jedijax719

Wasn't that what the opening scene of the first ep showed? Wasn't there a young Black girl amongst the Padawan who escaped or am I misremembering? I thought we were supposed to infer she was in that group that got away.

But it will be interesting, if so, to find out how she turned toward currying the favor of Anakin considering his role in it.

But I was bummed we didn't see a Baby Grogu escaping with the rest (or was he there and I missed it?).
Yet......yet

Disney Irish

Premium Member

There was a young black Padawan, its not made clear if its Reva, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.

No Grogu that I saw.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You mean you're not looking forward to an entire series explaining how and when Palpatine finds love and conceives Rey's parent? ;)
I'm guessing he shouts "Complete!" right after, but we'll just have to wait for that story to unfold...

Seriously though, Kenobi is starting off to be my favorite SW series so far. It's not perfect nor the quality of a theatrical release, but I'm sold so far.
I wouldn't mind a Palp's dating story.

mf1972

i thought grogu popped up after the events of the original trilogy, not the prequel trilogy. he wouldn’t be in the scene of young trainees trying to escape the jedi temple attack.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
i thought grogu popped up after the events of the original trilogy, not the prequel trilogy. he wouldn’t be in the scene of young trainees trying to escape the jedi temple attack.
He's 50 years old and was at the Temple during Order 66.

6"Chapter 6: From the Desert Comes a Stranger"Dave FiloniJon Favreau and Dave FiloniFebruary 2, 2022
Cobb Vanth, marshal of Tatooine's Freetown (formerly Mos Pelgo), confronts and shoots Pyke spice runners. Djarin flies to a forested world to visit Grogu, and is greeted by R2-D2 and Ahsoka Tano. Tano convinces Djarin that his presence will hinder Grogu, so he returns to Tatooine after asking Tano to deliver the gift—a beskar chain mail tunic—to the youngling. Jedi Master Luke Skywalker has begun training Grogu, his first student, to use the Force. Skywalker helps the youngling remember his home, the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, where he saw many Jedi killed during Order 66.

mf1972

He's 50 years old and was at the Temple during Order 66.

6"Chapter 6: From the Desert Comes a Stranger"Dave FiloniJon Favreau and Dave FiloniFebruary 2, 2022
Cobb Vanth, marshal of Tatooine's Freetown (formerly Mos Pelgo), confronts and shoots Pyke spice runners. Djarin flies to a forested world to visit Grogu, and is greeted by R2-D2 and Ahsoka Tano. Tano convinces Djarin that his presence will hinder Grogu, so he returns to Tatooine after asking Tano to deliver the gift—a beskar chain mail tunic—to the youngling. Jedi Master Luke Skywalker has begun training Grogu, his first student, to use the Force. Skywalker helps the youngling remember his home, the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, where he saw many Jedi killed during Order 66.

caffeine wasn’t kicking in just yet. forgot about that.

Robbiem

I thought the padawan would be reva

what surprised me was her calling Vader Anakin when she was talking to Obi Wan. No one in the original films appears to know he’s Anakin which is why the ‘I am your father’ was so shocking. Ashoka didn’t know in rebels until she broke his mask either. if people knew why didn’t someone tell Luke?

It was also interesting that Obi Wan was shocked when she mentioned Vader even though in Revenge its only the emperor who knows that Anakin is Darth Vader

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom