SPOILERS: Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Series

erasure fan1

It was too short

These 6 episode things aren’t really cutting it
This is my issue with EVERY D+ show to date. Unfortunately the sad part is that Disney seems to be stretching to fill these short shows as it is. Shows as short as the star was and marvel shows are, there shouldn't be any filler content. It should all be impactful.
The special effects when Vader's Star Destroyer was chasing the transport were laughable. SpaceBalls-esque.
Yea, you would think that a show as high profile as Kenobi was going to be. Someone would have made sure the special effects budget was good. It amazes me that someone sat down, watched it, then said OK great, it looks good! And stamped their approval.
Nothing is as bad as that hover bike chase scene from Boba Fett.
I have to agree with this. That was embarrassingly bad. It wasn't even good for the 90s power ranger show.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is my issue with EVERY D+ show to date. Unfortunately the sad part is that Disney seems to be stretching to fill these short shows as it is. Shows as short as the star was and marvel shows are. There shouldn't be any filler content. It should all be impactful.
As been stated before it started out as a movie, so they probably took the movie script and broke it up into 6 episodes and needed to fill in more for time. I don't have an issue with that, sure it can slow things down, but to me more Star Wars content is always a good thing.

Yea, you would think that a show as high profile as Kenobi was going to be. Someone would have made sure the special effects budget was good. It amazes me that someone sat down, watched it, then said OK great, it looks good! And stamped their approval.

I have to agree with this. That was embarrassingly bad. It wasn't even good for the 90s power ranger show.
I guess I don't look at these things with as critical an eye as some of you, as I didn't think the FX were bad. The only thing I ran up against regarding the FX was that the lightsabers looked brighter and more brilliant than we've seen in the past. But I figured that was more a creative decision rather than an FX one.

erasure fan1

As been stated before it started out as a movie, so they probably took the movie script and broke it up into 6 episodes and needed to fill in more for time. I don't have an issue with that, sure it can slow things down, but to me more Star Wars content is always a good thing.
I wouldn't have an issue with it either. But we seem to get too much filler, than an ending that is rushed because they ran out of time. Use the time you need to tell your main story. If you can't do it in the time you have set, add more time to the episodes or more episodes.
I guess I don't look at these things with as critical an eye as some of you, as I didn't think the FX were bad. The only thing I ran up against regarding the FX was that the lightsabers looked brighter and more brilliant than we've seen in the past. But I figured that was more a creative decision rather than an FX one.
The special effects don't normally bother me. But more than a few scenes just really stuck out. Especially knowing how high of a profile this show was going to be. It makes me a bit worried for Andor. And yes, those lightsabers were bright. Lol

Jedijax719

They could do a season 2 with the following:
1. Obi-Wan does more to protect Luke who gets into trouble from time to time.
2. More Qui-Gon. You can never have enough Qui Gon because he's so damn awesome.
3. Make the GI the main villain.
4. More Reva I guess.
5. Yoda and MAYBE even Grogu somehow.
6. Rebellion activities with Obi-Wan involved.

You can show Vader. However, they beat the Obi-Wan/Vader thing to a pulp. There's really nowhere else they can go with it. It would have to be Vader pulling punches but no actual confrontation.

May not be as sensational, but they can still do it.

Jedijax719

I think that’s it…they’re gonna try to shift to their awful sequels era more. Which benefits no one
I don't think so. There's no indication that they are going to do that. They seem locked into the Episode3-4 time period and 6-7 time period. With Ahsoka and Mando, they will stick with post-ROTJ. If they continue with Obi-Wan, they will have that and Andor for post-ROTS/re-ANH. The one exception is Acolyte which is pre-TPM.

I wonder what fans would think if they have a 2nd season of Obi-Wan where he goes on a secret side mission to secure the safety of a certain cute little green guy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think so. There's no indication that they are going to do that. They seem locked into the Episode3-4 time period and 6-7 time period. With Ahsoka and Mando, they will stick with post-ROTJ. If they continue with Obi-Wan, they will have that and Andor for post-ROTS/re-ANH. The one exception is Acolyte which is pre-TPM.

I wonder what fans would think if they have a 2nd season of Obi-Wan where he goes on a secret side mission to secure the safety of a certain cute little green guy.
Well that’s what has interest….

But just you wait/watch

Jedijax719

Well that’s what has interest….

But just you wait/watch
I don't think they can do a sequel-era show. Resistance was possibly the worst show they've done according to viewership and enthusiasm. Mando was gold. Obi-Wan is generally well-liked for the most part. Hayden's return was very well received. Grogu is a a pop culture phenomenon. People want more Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka. There's no set up for anything in the post Rise of Skywalker time frame or even during that time frame.

The closest we might see (and I very much welcome it) is when Kylo is born to when he is a child and feature the BIg-3 (or 4 if you include Chewie) together somehow. But that would still be between episodes 6 and 7.

Maybe in 10 years they will play around with the idea of having an older Rey work with an older Grogu or something. But not in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom