SPOILER: The Acolyte -- Disney+ Star Wars -- begins June 5, 2024

Tha Realest

Take it for what its worth, Manny Jacinto is saying making a Season 2 of Acolyte is now is his life's goal, so its now a passion project for him.

Considering that Captain EO appears to figure more within Star Wars canon going forward than this series, he may want to reassess things

Phroobar

1725401153104.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Dunno, if they take Jacinto's Stranger character and focus around him exclusively with little to none of the stuff from Season1 and a trimmed down budget, I could see a potential Season2 in some form.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If it was his character and darth Darth Plagueis and leave the entire rest of the cast out, that might work. But that would be more of a prequel than a season 2.
Nothing says that a Season2 couldn't be devoted to flashback, start with the Strangers time at the Jedi Academy and lead to the point where he joins up with Plagueis. End the season with the last few minutes of the last episode in current time with him starting to train Osha, just to link the two seasons together.

Gives everyone pretty much what they want, with very little of the stuff from Season1 that many had an issue with.

erasure fan1

Nothing says that a Season2 couldn't be devoted to flashback, start with the Strangers time at the Jedi Academy and lead to the point where he joins up with Plagueis. End the season with the last few minutes of the last episode in current time with him starting to train Osha, just to link the two seasons together.

Gives everyone pretty much what they want, with very little of the stuff from Season1 that many had an issue with.
That would work, but I would use some flashbacks to show parts of his time at the academy. He was venestras student, and she was one of the worst characters in the show. So flashbacks would be a good way to avoid having to have that character. Of course I suppose they could recast and write a better character.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That would work, but I would use some flashbacks to show parts of his time at the academy. He was venestras student, and she was one of the worst characters in the show. So flashbacks would be a good way to avoid having to have that character. Of course I suppose they could recast and write a better character.
I would just do the whole season as a flashback. Bookend the season with the Stranger telling Osha about his past, and why he wants a student to change things, etc.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You didn’t…I’m just not sure trying to resurrect the dead corpse of a bad show is much different.

It sucked…just move on.
Why? Shows, and movies for that matter, get reworked all the time or at least they used to. There used to be a time when a show would be allowed to have multiple seasons to not only work things out but also find an audience. We get a million seasons of those brain dead Real Housewives shows, which has WAAAAAYYYYY less of an audience, but we can't get a Season 2 of Acolyte?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why? Shows, and movies for that matter, get reworked all the time or at least they used to. There used to be a time when a show would be allowed to have multiple seasons to not only work things out but also find an audience. We get a million seasons of those brain dead Real Housewives shows, which has WAAAAAYYYYY less of an audience, but we can't get a Season 2 of Acolyte?
Yeah but we shouldn’t encourage such behavior…especially from studios who have no creative fastball these days

And housewives is cheap and does a demo that networks want. Don’t ask me why? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom