SPOILER Agatha All Along, D+, premier 9/18/24

Stupido

So thrilled by this show premise. Each episode being a different trial until we get to the real meat of the story is so ingenious. It makes us care about these characters and their struggles, and makes the ending feel really earned.

Who is everyone's favorite backup witch? Patti LuPone really owns my heart, and I hope she'll be around for the majority of the season.

I'm still on the thought train that Rio sacrificed Nicholas for the Darkhold, and that's why Agatha hates her. I'm excited for the action to pick back up with Aubrey next week!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
So thrilled by this show premise. Each episode being a different trial until we get to the real meat of the story is so ingenious. It makes us care about these characters and their struggles, and makes the ending feel really earned.

Who is everyone's favorite backup witch? Patti LuPone really owns my heart, and I hope she'll be around for the majority of the season.

I'm still on the thought train that Rio sacrificed Nicholas for the Darkhold, and that's why Agatha hates her. I'm excited for the action to pick back up with Aubrey next week!
Yeah... not to mention that whole "You can't kill me; you can't kill *me*."

Why can't they kill each other?

Stupido

My theory is that Rio is either Mephisto or Lady Death, leaning toward the latter, which would explain why Agatha can't kill her.

I mean, if she is Lady Death, Agatha kills people by absorbing their power... if Agatha absorbs the power of... death?... then it's safe to say that in turn it would kill Agatha as well.

Archie123

Someone screwed up…

IMG_5772.png

MarvelCharacterNerd

Not sure why you feel that because Ep1 and 2 sets up everything and Ep3 gets right in the action on the Witches Road.
I enjoyed eps 1 and 2 and now it seems like it's just gonna be "Witch #1 solves problem #1, Witch #2 solves problem #2, Witch #3 solves problem #3..." I don't care about them solving their magical mysteries. I care about Agatha and Wiccan. Better writing might have made me more interested in the side characters, but other than Patti LuPone being hilarious, I don't care about the rest of them. Waiting for Aubrey to join up as she'll chew some more fun scenery, however.

Then again, since this is apparently The Wizard of Oz, I guess we have to go through Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion's issues before we get to Dorothy and the slippers after reaching the Emerald City. lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I enjoyed eps 1 and 2 and now it seems like it's just gonna be "Witch #1 solves problem #1, Witch #2 solves problem #2, Witch #3 solves problem #3..." I don't care about them solving their magical mysteries. I care about Agatha and Wiccan. Better writing might have made me more interested in the side characters, but other than Patti LuPone being hilarious, I don't care about the rest of them. Waiting for Aubrey to join up as she'll chew some more fun scenery, however.

Then again, since this is apparently The Wizard of Oz, I guess we have to go through Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion's issues before we get to Dorothy and the slippers after reaching the Emerald City. lol
The whole point is the Witches Road tests those that walk the Road, if it was just hey here is Agatha and she got to the end of the Road and got her powers back that would be boring. So yeah you're going to have each location be a test of the witch of a certain discipline, and will be unique in both location and test to that witch, its why they needed one from each.

Basically it plays on all the classic witch lore about the need of a coven, working together, etc. Something that Agatha isn't keen on having. So we learn about Agatha, more of her backstory, and why she is not trusting of other witches. Something we only got a small glimpse of in WandaVision.

And Rio (Plaza's character) will be showing up and joining shortly, so don't give up yet. See how you like Ep4.

Ghost93

I suspect the next four episodes will each focus on one of the witches in the coven (Alice, Lilia, Rio and then Agatha) with more and more of the backstories and mysteries being revealed for each character in every subsequent episode.

With Sharon's death, we might end up with a situation where one character dies per episode until only Agatha, Teen and Rio are left. Rio at one point says in the trailer "the bodies are REALLY piling up!"

Vegas Disney Fan

So far it feels very similar to Wandavision to me, which is good. Other than Agatha and Sharon (rip) I couldn’t tell you the names of the other witches or the boy though, and I’ve been chuckling at the above talk of Wiccan, Lady Death, etc because I have no idea who any of them are.

I’ve really enjoyed the first 3 episodes though, I like that the story has a mystery/comedy feel and feel like they’ve done a good job of making it simple enough for people like me to enjoy who aren’t familiar with the characters or the story.

Looking forward to episode 4 and intrigued to learn more about the story as we go along.

Ghost93

So far it feels very similar to Wandavision to me, which is good. Other than Agatha and Sharon (rip) I couldn’t tell you the names of the other witches or the boy though, and I’ve been chuckling at the above talk of Wiccan, Lady Death, etc because I have no idea who any of them are.

I’ve really enjoyed the first 3 episodes though, I like that the story has a mystery/comedy feel and feel like they’ve done a good job of making it simple enough for people like me to enjoy who aren’t familiar with the characters or the story.

Looking forward to episode 4 and intrigued to learn more about the story as we go along.
To be fair, they haven't give a name to the boy yet. They literally just call him "Teen." It's meant to be a mystery.

Wiccan in the comics is Wanda's reincarnated son and a major member of the Young Avengers. While I believe the character played by Joe Locke is Wiccan, I wouldn't be surprised if they alter his origin somewhat so that he's also Agatha's son.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom