News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

LittleBuford

This topic reminds me of that one time both Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm created advertisements to honor both park's anniversaries back in 1980.

Knott's Berry Farm (which turned 60) created an advertisement featuring Mickey honoring Disneyland's 25th Anniversary.
View attachment 694570

Disneyland (which turned 25) created a sweet and heartfelt illustration of Mickey Mouse and a prospector (representing Knott's) that was published on Los Angels Times
View attachment 694569
These are very sweet and classy.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
That’s rather amazing as I’ve lived in Livingston parish for over 30 years. Camped in the woods, paddled the rivers, ran the backroads.

No signs of beaver anywhere. 🤷🏻‍♂️
gun hd GIF

mickEblu

Snow White's Enchanted Wish fully features The Wicked Queen/Hag from Snow White. Her presence is only slightly diminished over Snow White's Scary Adventures - it's more that the tone of the finale was lightened than it is that the Villain was neutered or removed.

It was just a refresh though so it’s a moot point either way.

DisneyDebRob

You really think Disney cares about sight lines anymore? ;)
I was getting ready to say the same thing
There was a time where it never was in the realm of possibility to build or expand something if you could see it anywhere else than the place it was supposed to be seen. The last 15-20 years or more that is less common and the views in almost all the parks, except for AK mostly, has sight line problems. Hopefully they do this one right.

Incomudro

How about just the tree atop the mountain sans the boat? A tree on its own would present arguably no disruptions to the other lands and would still probably look prettier and less awkward than the bald peak they went with imo. Far less structural weight added too if that was a problem.
Yes, the tree could have added some beauty to the spot.
Have some lighting on it, and a firefly effect about it...
Removing the stump - ruining the illusion of height, and adding a water tower off to the side with a crown on it is lazy and cheap.

MerlinTheGoat

I edited the tree from the original concept art to erase the boat and even out some of the foliage. Seems to look decent. I don't think it would suffer from any of the forced perspective challenges the boat would have had, and a large tree alone wouldn't likely interfere with any of the surrounding lands you can see it from. Since it's just, well, a tree.

no tree.png

celluloid

No worries. It's going to be rethemed and renamed to "Tiara's Tiny Playground", a ginormous sandbox where children of all ages can play and dream about one day owning their own food conglomerate if they just dig a little deeper...
Your kids will soon have salt in their wounds until they are tall enough to ride the ride.

Incomudro

I edited the tree from the original concept art to erase the boat and even out some of the foliage. Seems to look decent. I don't think it would suffer from any of the forced perspective challenges the boat would have had, and a large tree alone wouldn't likely interfere with any of the surrounding lands you can see it from. Since it's just, well, a tree.

View attachment 694615
Nicely done!

BuddyThomas

Oh my, indeed they are. Prices vary widely, I see $25000 and $5. You'd think the expensive one was more authentic but it says "from my sink". I guess the market is trying to find equilibrium.

I really thought I was kidding when I wrote the post below, but it turns out I'm a visionary!! I think the forum needs to start looking to me for direction.

View attachment 694385
No surprise here. People are insane. Some lunatic is selling a Choco Taco on eBay for $25,000. Sad part is that there is probably an equally insane person out there who will buy it.

Casper Gutman

The earliest budgets were $30-35 million. It is allegedly FAR higher now. Not Cosmic Rewind levels, but very healthy. Don't have an exact number. I think Frozen was like 60 or 70 million. I'd figure Tiana would need 9 figures to come out decent, but someone who actually knows the amount will have to say either way.
And this is why the despair runs so deep. $35 million is an offensively small amount for a project of this deep significance to the park and fan community, especially given how little Disney gets for their money and how underwhelming (though fun) GotG is despite a budget nearly 17 times as large. It shows an absolutely fundamental ignorance on the part of management that no subsequent increases can actually correct. They don’t understand the parks or thier audience.

Subsequently raising that amount based on Twitter outcry is further evidence of very basic problems. It once again emphasizes exec’s utter cluelessness that they were taken by surprise by the reaction, but reacting to it shows an impulsiveness, poor judgement, and lack of self-confidence (the reason Splash actually needed a change were the historical realities surrounding the production and release of the original film, not the fact that a group of vociferous posters got mad on-line). Twitter is not real life. The fact that Disney’s leaders don’t know that…

Splash needed to change, but it needed to be changed by a company with a very clear vision of its past and future and the will to dedicate copious resources to the project.

Casper Gutman

Disney doesn't do this kind of stuff back to them because it's not good form to be seen punching down.
Disney doesn’t do this stuff because they’re an ossified antique that is terrified of Twitter, doesn’t understand the significance of the closure, has an insultingly narrow definition of their desired audience, and is shockingly bad at promotion (witness the 50th and 100th).

And punching at Uni isn’t punching down anymore…

Casper Gutman

This always comes off as so tacky to me. It’s huge “pick me” energy, and makes both parks come off as super desperate.

Maybe try using your handles to promote your own parks, as opposed to commenting on everything Disney does.
Every single thing Disney has built since Hogsmeade opened has been a direct and slightly desperate reaction to the way Universal shifted the theme park paradigm with that land, so it seems fair enough for Universal to react to Disney with quick internet jokes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom