News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Yeah, good way to derail any attempt to seem like a mainstream blog.

Their mealy excuse for passing on a false report is in the last paragraph. It's just an explanation of why they're a horrible human being.

"I don't like what their doing, so, I'll sew confusion and falsely get people's hopes up"
They're well aware of how divisive the retheme is so they're just messing with people. Good job, no one will ever take your site seriously again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Again? This is the same site that recently reported that Disney's Animal Kingdom was closing permanently.
Yes, that is the site which presents itself as satire (MouseTrap).

But DisneyDining picked up the story and ran it as straight news until the last paragraph with a weird and not that explicit warning that it was from a satire site.

"I'm hurting, so must everyone else."

UNCgolf

But DisneyDining picked up the story and ran it as straight news until the last paragraph with a weird and not that explicit warning that it was from a satire site.

DisneyDining ran an AK closing article as straight news too, while sourcing it back to MouseTrap. I randomly saw it the other day and was baffled -- thought maybe they didn't realize MouseTrap is a "satire" site.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

DisneyDining ran an AK closing article as straight news too, while sourcing it back to MouseTrap. I randomly saw it the other day and was baffled -- thought maybe they didn't realize MouseTrap was a "satire" site.
I actually spoked to a few CMs (non-front line) about this who were legitimately concerned it may be true. I guess the current state of things makes anything somewhat believable.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If things got bad enough I can see AK being the first park to close. However we are so far away from a situation where that would seriously be considered an option.
Parks are making record revenue.

People are projecting the currently unprofitable streamers to be indicative of all of Disney's divisions or for Disney itself, which is far from the case.

Haymarket

If things got bad enough I can see AK being the first park to close. However we are so far away from a situation where that would seriously be considered an option.
Exactly. Wouldn't they first close the two mini-golf courses, then a waterpark or both, before any of that? There'd be plenty of warning.

They'll phase out lands before closing a park, to see how fewer attractions (i.e., reducing costs) affect attendance, in the hope of optimizing the balance between two (maximize returns while reducing costs). The process would drag on for years.

Maybe they'll just shut down all of DinoLand U.S.A., to start, as an experiment, to see how it affects attendance and visitor spending.

mysto

Splash is closed and *drained.* All lightning lanes have been cancelled.

"Splash Mountain Souvenir Water" is being sold on ebay! The water was gone from the ride in seconds. They're dropping the water table trying to replenish the ride's supply pumping from deep wells. Mason jars on the ride are being limited to one per customer, but some jerks are sneaking limited edition popcorn buckets on. 8 hour lines!

On the bright side the US economy is saved. Boomtown. The Bankman-Fraud family has launched their new crypto coin SMC "Splash Mountain Coin" using the water as an underlying stablecoin asset. Apparently they had wild party trips to WDW scooping up enough water to back 8 trillion in, er, assets, I guess.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Untitled454_20230120110122.png

Unbanshee

Disney Dining is run by the same person that runs Inside the Magic, it's just another pile of trash in Kurt Schmidt's profitable, clickbait landfill

JohnD

Disney Dining is run by the same person that runs Inside the Magic, it's just another pile of trash in Kurt Schmidt's profitable, clickbait landfill

I had that hunch. I've been noticing that from Disney Dining recently. Usually every headline there or on ITM is grossly misleading but has a grain of truth in it. This one was outright lying. Unless you post on April 1, don't post a headline that says to the effect "Florida to sue over Splash Mountain Closure" then say at the very end, "Oops! That's from a satire site."

dennis-in-ct

we rode this at the beginning of the month as a last hurrah and soooooo many effects were broken. The blacklight bees were not buzzing, etc. I was almost sad that I took the final ride as I thought "please put it out of its misery". At least the new ride will be a welcomed refresh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom