News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Dear Prudence

We know it's happening still. Timeline is a question mark.

Most of the fretting hasn't been about the timeline, but multiple insistence that *surely* it would be cancelled for reasons X, Y, and Z.
Oh I assumed it was still happening. I honestly don't even think they know the timeline, partially being because they're inept, and partially because the world keeps altering severely every other week. Which is fine, I'd rather it was done correctly and safely.

DisneyHead123

The fact that Disney has been so close-lipped about this in the face of pressure to release some kind of statement or update seems suspect to me. If this is definitely happening, no ifs ands or buts, why not release an update? It reads to me like they're keeping their options open.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The fact that Disney has been so close-lipped about this in the face of pressure to release some kind of statement or update seems suspect to me. If this is definitely happening, no ifs ands or buts, why not release an update? It reads to me like they're keeping their options open.
Another "surely" fallacy...

"Surely Disney would be forthcoming about a timeline and their intentions and lay out exactly what's happening when, otherwise, surely, they're hiding something!!"

Dear Prudence

I know people in this space don't like this attraction (and I don't know why, even as someone who DOES NOT like Beauty and the Beast AT ALL think that it's absolutely lovely), but we had some footage of the AA's being made for it long before anything else. We had some proof of it happening. We had more than two pieces of art. (and, yes, I know that this was both pre-pandemic and with an OLC budget). Disney being so cagey about this is honestly suspicious. What are you hiding there, bro?!

Also, a few folks pointed out that the newest concept art pieces had Tiana holding a lantern à la Belle, and I would be incredibly disappointed if they reused that mold/ model. Tiana wasn't in the main focus of her/ wasn't even human for most of own film, can they PLEASE do her SOME justice here and not just recycle?!

yensidtlaw1969

Disney did release an update in the wake of Anika Noni Rose's comments:

"We have already shared how we are bringing Tiana’s story to life at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. While timing has not been determined, we look forward to sharing more details during Essence Festival of Culture in New Orleans in July."

Sort of a non-update update, but they wouldn't say "look for details this July" if the plan was to cancel.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I know people in this space don't like this attraction (and I don't know why, even as someone who DOES NOT like Beauty and the Beast AT ALL think that it's absolutely lovely), but we had some footage of the AA's being made for it long before anything else. We had some proof of it happening. We had more than two pieces of art. (and, yes, I know that this was both pre-pandemic and with an OLC budget). Disney being so cagey about this is honestly suspicious. What are you hiding there, bro?!

Also, a few folks pointed out that the newest concept art pieces had Tiana holding a lantern à la Belle, and I would be incredibly disappointed if they reused that mold/ model. Tiana wasn't in the main focus of her/ wasn't even human for most of own film, can they PLEASE do her SOME justice here and not just recycle?!

That's a hopscotch worth of jumps to that conclusion.

Dear Prudence

I know the DailyDot is not the best news source, but I have been thinking about this story a lot (there are other sources, I am just too lazy to Google lol). Disney inserting themselves into the Essence Festival of Culture in New Orleans just comes across as really predatory and gross. I know that the festival is hurting because of Covid and not being able to occur for 2 years, so I am sure the sponsorship is appreciated. I hope Disney doesn't try to take away from the focus on Black women artists and their excellence by making it about them (Disney).

Californian Elitist

I know the DailyDot is not the best news source, but I have been thinking about this story a lot (there are other sources, I am just too lazy to Google lol). Disney inserting themselves into the Essence Festival of Culture in New Orleans just comes across as really predatory and gross. I know that the festival is hurting because of Covid and not being able to occur for 2 years, so I am sure the sponsorship is appreciated. I hope Disney doesn't try to take away from the focus on Black women artists and their excellence by making it about them (Disney).
Agreed.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
That's a hopscotch worth of jumps to that conclusion.
Capture.JPG

With Human Mr. Krabs in charge I wouldn't put it past them

TheMaxRebo

Isn't Charita Carter still the lead imagineer on this project? They could focus on that aspect as much as the attraction itself

MerlinTheGoat

I didn't say I held that belief. I said other people had pointed it out, and that I would be disappointed if that were indeed the case.
Of all the bad decisions surrounding this ride, duplicating and reskinning some of the Belle animatronics isn't necessarily one of them. We'll see, it largely depends on the quality of their exterior skins. The Belle AA's are quite high quality, much moreso than either the Little Mermaid figures or the facial projected Frozen ones for instance. If it means the AA's end up more in line with the quality of Tokyo's BATB figures, some recycling in this case might not necessarily be a bad thing.

But again, I don't have any hope for this project in general. Including the quality of the very few AA's it will actually have.

ohioguy

It's obvious that the new re-theme will be based on the upcoming Tiana Disney+ series, which will create the synergy that the company wants among its many spokes. No doubt Tiana will encounter a mountain and a few new animal friends on the TV show. I can't wait for the re-theme if only to shut the subject down.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Of all the bad decisions surrounding this ride, duplicating and reskinning some of the Belle animatronics isn't necessarily one of them. We'll see, it largely depends on the quality of their exterior skins. The Belle AA's are quite high quality, much moreso than either the Little Mermaid figures or the facial projected Frozen ones for instance. If it means the AA's end up more in line with the quality of Tokyo's BATB figures, some recycling in this case might not necessarily be a bad thing.

But again, I don't have any hope for this project in general. Including the quality of the very few AA's it will actually have.
Just glue a few plastic frogs to the wall. It works for Ariel's ride!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom