News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

A movie that made $372 million worldwide is not an "epic fail". šŸ˜‚
not really what I meant, basing the new attraction on a disneyplus series was an epic fail in my mind,,,when it should have been and only been based on the original movie. I guess I confused everyone...Im for it if had been based on the movie and its known songs and music,,,its the unknown songs and characters they are doing based on a tv series and the politics they are pushing I am not for...

LittleBuford

not really what I meant, basing the new attraction on a disneyplus series was an epic fail in my mind,,,when it should have been and only been based on the original movie. I guess I confused everyone...
I apologise for misunderstanding you and have deleted my earlier post.

Incomudro

My assumption (based on nothing but a hunch) has always been that there would be some sort of threat that Mama Odie saves us from before the drop.
I certainly hope so.
It's such a natural thing, I can't imagine the Imaginears being so obtuse as to avoid it.

mickEblu

it would be nice if we take a wrong turn and drop into The Other Side (Old Laughing Place)... and then Mama Odie lifts us out of the Other Side and sets us back on our path... That could actually make sense...

That sounds cool but nothing needs to make sense. Youā€™re in the bayou. Bad guy and his ghouls from the movie show up. We escape. Onto the next scene.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

it would be nice if we take a wrong turn and drop into The Other Side (Old Laughing Place)... and then Mama Odie lifts us out of the Other Side and sets us back on our path... That could actually make sense...
Thatā€™s my assumption on what we are getting based on what I have heard.

My question is, why is the climax of the story (the threat) taking place before the climax of the ride (the big drop)? Seems very incongruent

mickEblu

My question is, why is the climax of the story (the threat) taking place before the climax of the ride (the big drop)? Seems very incongruent

Maybe she helps us escape during burrows lament or the lower half of the lift hill? Ideally the threat would last through the final drop and it very well could with a few projections on those lift hill walls and a soundtrack.

Brer Oswald

Maybe she helps us escape during burrows lament or the lower half of the lift hill? Ideally the threat would last through the final drop and it very well could with a few projections on those lift hill walls and a soundtrack.
Yes, but by that point, ā€œthe worst is overā€ in terms of the ā€œconflictā€ in the story. The same is not true for the ride path (the worst isnā€™t over till you hit the bottom).

Maybe I wouldnā€™t care so much if Splash didnā€™t do this so darn well.

mickEblu

Yes, but by that point, ā€œthe worst is overā€ in terms of the ā€œconflictā€ in the story. The same is not true for the ride path (the worst isnā€™t over till you hit the bottom).

Maybe I wouldnā€™t care so much if Splash didnā€™t do this so darn well.

I hear you. The execution on Splash was top notch.

The worst wouldnt be over though If his shadow is present all the way up the lift hill walls.

Ayla

not really what I meant, basing the new attraction on a disneyplus series was an epic fail in my mind,,,when it should have been and only been based on the original movie. I guess I confused everyone...Im for it if had been based on the movie and its known songs and music,,,its the unknown songs and characters they are doing based on a tv series and the politics they are pushing I am not for...
Ok.

Tha Realest

Presumes a few things:

1) Facilierā€™s appearance is sufficient to warrant a ā€œthreat,ā€ and is not just an 11th hour Easter egg
2) That the existing and difficult to change ride track/system lends itself to narrative congruency
3) That there is a standard narrative conflict at play in this attraction.

mickEblu

Have heard them from Splash Archives. Heā€™s very wary of it given the near finished progress of the attraction. We already know it wouldnā€™t be at the upper section of the attraction, the lift hill (which is the mystical Mama Odie house), or the finale. That leaves the former Laughing Place.

Sounds like theyā€™ve been very ā€œfluidā€ with determining what to do with this section of the attraction. Weā€™ve heard rumours of the Giant Louis idea. Weā€™ve also seen concept art of Tiana in a boat. Other rumours suggest it may be ā€œthe dark side of the bayouā€ and the ā€œshadowsā€ may come out to play adding some brief ā€œconflictā€ to the attraction. So donā€™t expect him to take a major role in the attraction, but maybe a cameo of some sorts with ā€œlaughterā€ might happen.

Forgot to ask, did these rumblings start before or after the Keith David event was announced?

Are we sure that TBA will be great? It looks like Dr. Faciller nor his friends on the other side will be in the ride. This is horrible because without him, the ride will just feel like SeaEorld Orlandoā€™s Journey to Atlantis refurb here they REMOVED all the story, making it a sightseeing tour with multiple drops. Splash had better story by mashing up SOTSā€™s animated segments, which was good, but just making the ride a tour of the bayou to help Tiana search for her missing ingredient with Nothing scary on the way is just plain bad and boring.

yensidtlaw1969

Are we sure that TBA will be great? It looks like Dr. Faciller nor his friends on the other side will be in the ride. This is horrible because without him, the ride will just feel like SeaEorld Orlandoā€™s Journey to Atlantis refurb here they REMOVED all the story, making it a sightseeing tour with multiple drops. Splash had better story by mashing up SOTSā€™s animated segments, which was good, but just making the ride a tour of the bayou to help Tiana search for her missing ingredient with Nothing scary on the way is just plain bad and boring.

If you don't actually know what the ride is going to be like, why speculate like this?

If you don't actually know what the ride is going to be like, why speculate like this?
Because Disney told us which voice actors will be returning and Facillerā€™s VA isnā€™t listed. This causes some discussion about if any sorts of media related to him will be in Bayou adventure, which is troublesome.

There are rumors saying the old laughing place scene will be screenified. Maybe his friends on the other side will be there?

Also, I got blocked from posting replies on the construction updates thread for TBA. Any way I could get unblocked there?

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Because Disney told us which voice actors will be returning and Facillerā€™s VA isnā€™t listed. This causes some discussion about if any sorts of media related to him will be in Bayou adventure, which is troublesome.

There are rumors saying the old laughing place scene will be screenified. Maybe his friends on the other side will be there?

Also, I got blocked from posting replies on the construction updates thread for TBA. Any way I could get unblocked there?
There's rumors they have may have put Dr. Facillier in at the last second. I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.

mickEblu

There's rumors they have may have put Dr. Facillier in at the last second. I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.

Iā€™ve gotten pretty good at reading the tea leaves when it comes to Disney. Iā€™d lean toward that being true. Granted, Disney is unpredictable (and some times a bit amateur) these days but it just doesnā€™t make any sense to have a Keith David/ Facilier segment at the same event that will be doing a deep dive on the attraction. Heā€™s a fan favorite character and many people have lamented at the fact that he seemingly would not have a presence on the ride. Not just people around here. All over social media. Iā€™d be interested in knowing if these apparent rumors and rumblings of Facilier being added in the 11th hour from ā€œpeople in the knowā€ started before or after the Keith David/ event announcement.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

Iā€™ve gotten pretty good at reading the tea leaves when it comes to Disney. Iā€™d lean toward that being true. Granted, Disney is unpredictable (and some times a bit amateur) these days but it just doesnā€™t make any sense to have a Keith David/ Facilier segment at the same event that will be doing a deep dive on the attraction. Heā€™s a fan favorite character and many people have lamented at the fact that he seemingly would not have a presence on the ride. Not just people around here. All over social media. Iā€™d be interested in knowing if these apparent rumors and rumblings of Facilier being added in the 11th hour from ā€œpeople in the knowā€ started before or after the Keith David/ event announcement.
Not just fans - heā€™s seemingly lamented his (previous) lack of involvement in this project on X

Roger_the_pianist

Seems easy enough to say we'd encounter his shadows and voice on the lift hill, Mama Odie saves us at the top, then we zoom down the waterfall back to the Bayou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom