News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

FettFan

I’m not sure if you’re just joking, but they’re well into the construction phase, so there’s no going back now.

well…there are always happy accidents….

Enchanted_Tiki_Room_%28Under_New_Management%29_-_Iago.jpg

Kirby86

I’m not sure if you’re just joking, but they’re well into the construction phase, so there’s no going back now.
Iger is standing at a corkboard looking at the progress and suddenly goes " Dear God, what have we done?" He drops his coffee and takes his sunglasses off for dramatic effect. Then he walks away a janitor has to clean up the mess while Iger goes about his day.

Dear Prudence

Yeah I know I'm just being very...Janet again. But I would like to see what's inside It seems like they are like look.....A NEW CHAIRR!! and it's like snooze
They were never going to cancel this project, but it is sort of laughable how over-congratulatory they are towards themselves (and how it's rewarded by the mindless stans). Not to be overly critical (but I think appropriately critical) how low-effort everything is..is...something, isn't it? Why go through the process of making a cheap-looking painting on the side of the barn, when you can just build something else? Why use less-than-200-dollar-home-decor anyone can buy in the process of several clicks in Disneyland's Briar Patch shop when they've known they were going to do this since 2019, and they've had the time to hire artisans (pandemic or no)?! They keep stressing how "important" this project is, so, why not treat it like it's important?

EPCOT-O.G.

They were never going to cancel this project, but it is sort of laughable how over-congratulatory they are towards themselves (and how it's rewarded by the mindless stans). Not to be overly critical (but I think appropriately critical) how low-effort everything is..is...something, isn't it? Why go through the process of making a cheap-looking painting on the side of the barn, when you can just build something else? Why use less-than-200-dollar-home-decor anyone can buy in the process of several clicks in Disneyland's Briar Patch shop when they've known they were going to do this since 2019, and they've had the time to hire artisans (pandemic or no)?! They keep stressing how "important" this project is, so, why not treat it like it's important?
Is there anyone at WDI that has the requisite wood carving skills? Those are tough to gin up in Photoshop or export to a 3D printer.

TomboyJanet

And to be honest I'm really getting tired of them talking about food as if this whole thing is a grift to sell the restaurant. I don't go to Disney for some boring foodie trip where everyone takes pictures of their plates as if its a masterpiece that they are about to completely destroy primordially with their teeth. I go there to visit other realms that are fully adventurous and fantastical and maybe even pumped full of nostalgia. If they keep doing this I'm just going to sit home and do shrooms or something because that will be more exciting than riding "Moana's Gallery of Plasma Screens From the Early 00s With One Showing Binary Code For Some Reason. " (MGOPSFTE0WOSBCFSR for short)

Dear Prudence

Is there anyone at WDI that has the requisite wood carving skills? Those are tough to gin up in Photoshop or export to a 3D printer.
They have a couple of carvers on their roster who do their limited edition wooden collections, one of whom did the carvings that were in the Briar Patch shop and did the recreations for the 30th Splash Anniversary. I am certain they could have done something nice. And, again, like I said in the DLR thread, it's nothing against the Blackforest website or artists, it's the low-effort and cost on Disney's part. Heck, even a good 3D printed rendering could have been better than that they put in. I have a few 3D printed Disney recreations from Etsy, and they're fantastic. Disney has more money than God, they could stand to be a smidge less cheap!

Eric Graham

They have a couple of carvers on their roster who do their limited edition wooden collections, one of whom did the carvings that were in the Briar Patch shop and did the recreations for the 30th Splash Anniversary. I am certain they could have done something nice. And, again, like I said in the DLR thread, it's nothing against the Blackforest website or artists, it's the low-effort and cost on Disney's part. Heck, even a good 3D printed rendering could have been better than that they put in. I have a few 3D printed Disney recreations from Etsy, and they're fantastic. Disney has more money than God, they could stand to be a smidge less cheap!
Etsy is pretty wonderful, aren't they!

EPCOT-O.G.

T
hank you for letting me know. What are some good Etsy options? You can DM me if you want to

Incomudro

And to be honest I'm really getting tired of them talking about food as if this whole thing is a grift to sell the restaurant. I don't go to Disney for some boring foodie trip where everyone takes pictures of their plates as if its a masterpiece that they are about to completely destroy primordially with their teeth. I go there to visit other realms that are fully adventurous and fantastical and maybe even pumped full of nostalgia. If they keep doing this I'm just going to sit home and do shrooms or something because that will be more exciting than riding "Moana's Gallery of Plasma Screens From the Early 00s With One Showing Binary Code For Some Reason. " (MGOPSFTE0WOSBCFSR for short)
If I see one more person swoon "Beignets!" as if that's a reason to celebrate this re-do... :mad:

WorldExplorer

If I see one more person swoon "Beignets!" as if that's a reason to celebrate this re-do... :mad:

It's become a running joke in my family that Tiana's sole personality is now "I make beignets". I don't know if they intentionally changed the training, if their current Tianas are just all boring, or if I'm just unlucky, but that's all she ever talks about when you meet her.

If they set up an actual stand it's going to feel like you stood in line to meet a walking advertisement.

Last edited:

Incomudro

It's become a running joke in my family that Tiana's sole personality is now "I make beignets". I don't know if they intentionally changed the training, if their current Tiana's are just all boring, or if I'm just unlucky, but that's all she ever talks about when you meet her.

If they set up an actual stand it's going to feel like you stood in line to meet a walking advertisement.
Yes.
On any number of WDW/Disney Pages I'm on from Facebook to Instagram, there are always a number of people excitedly exclaim "Beignets!"
I've been excited for a ride because of some food item that might be associated with it.

Leighcat

Any photo updates on this.
Ive not seen anything as to how its going...is it still on track?
Im hoping it will open early as we go mid july next year :)

FettFan

1. As if you couldn't get them at other places on property.

2. Disney "beignets" are beignets in name only. Yes they're a fried pastry made of dough and given a coat of powdered sugar.
Alas, they're too sweet, too light and airy, and my honest guess is that Disney is just using regular doughnut batter because they realize that most of the customers won't know or care that they just paid for a Mickey-shaped unglazed Krispy Kreme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom