News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled (6 × 4 in).png

CaptinEO

Some of the melodramatics in here are really funny.

I mean, it’s a somber occasion, sure… I shared my own memories. But to act as if Disney has… died as of today? That somehow Splash was the glue holding it all together?

Preposterous.
Splash closing isn't the death of Disney, but it's another bone headed move. I remember 10 years or so ago reading about how the late 90s and early 2000s ruined the US themeparks with closures or rethemes for the worse.

At that time I thought this company behavior was behind us. But ever since Tower of Terror closed in DCA I feel I've been living this chapter in history again. Lets hope this retheme is done well and is not a Pixar Pier, Cars Route 66 Road Trip, or Mission Breakout.

MagicHappens1971

These photos of the barn closed breaks my heart.
View attachment 694244View attachment 694245

The next couple of years at the Magic Kingdom is going to be very miserable for guests looking for an attraction that can properly cool them off during the super hot Summer and Spring days as this.
Yeah and the height of the scrims needed to cover the whole mountain will be such an eyesore

Disney Analyst

Splash closing isn't the death of Disney, but it's another bone headed move. I remember 10 years or so ago reading about how the late 90s and early 2000s ruined the US themeparks with closures or rethemes for the worse.

At that time I thought this company behavior was behind us. But ever since Tower of Terror closed in DCA I feel I've been living this chapter in history again. Lets hope this retheme is done well and is not a Pixar Pier, Cars Route 66 Road Trip, or Mission Breakout.

All we can do is hope for the best. If they screw this up, I will be the first to admit it.

Moth

Splash Mountain was really ahead of it's time in terms of personalized guest experiences. Just take it from this fella.

I think this is the best post in the thread.

Then it turned and looked me right in the eyes and said, “I’m going to marry your dad, Ryan.”

celluloid

If Disney crumbles its not going to be because of this retheme. As for the women not wanting to get her hair wet? It's not a big deal During the first ride of Jurrassic Park Spielberg had them stop the ride so he didn't go down the drop.

I don't know what the definition of crumbles in the various levels someone may have it as, But the cost of this retheme potentially not building as much revenue for gift shop plush or attraction love as they hope, as well as other goings on in the company is going to not be good growth for the parks.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

All we can do is hope for the best. If they screw this up, I will be the first to admit it.
Amen! I’ll second this. If this doesn’t meet the standard of its predecessor attraction or the Tiana IP itself it should be roundly called out and held to the highest standard. But there is at least an understandable argument that the SoTS IP is not exactly a contemporary/relatable IP by 2023 standards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midwest Elitist

Calm down please, it's over. I remember before this announcement, maybe I wasn't as active, y'all were never as antagonistic as this. Let's just savor the moment, and try to look forward to the future. Have a Zip-a-dee-doo-dah day, every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom