News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Analyst

I get why people are upset. I really do. I too feel low seeing all the pictures and clips. But the vengefulness that some here are expressing seems more than a little extreme.

For sure.

Some of us (including you) have been able to be relatively nuanced about this entire thing.

I have fond memories of Splash, it’s one of my favourite attractions, but I also understand the need for change with the IP used, and am excited to see what they have in store for a 21st century version of this attraction.

PatF can lend itself beautifully, and I truly hope it can shine with all the fireflies.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member

HouCuseChickie

I was never particularly attached to Splash. It didn’t open until I was in college and I didn’t ride it until my own children were tall enough. It was the second “big” ride for both kids. While my husband had the big Disney Tales of Uncle Remus book as a kid in the 70s, I never saw the book or Song of the South until I was in my 30s. Splash also wasn’t an every trip ride for us either, because we didn’t always want to get wet. Yet here I am, all sad after watching the last of the logs go down. I guess I mourn for their nostalgic loss while trying to be hopeful that they don’t ruin this retheming. Bye Splash 😞

brb1006

4a7f5c2b147021044d6fbafccf5eb6b1.gif

This is going to be a long couple of years.

Kirby86

I get why people are upset. I really do. I too feel low seeing all the pictures and clips. But the vengefulness that some here are expressing seems more than a little extreme.
I think some people are feeling defensive. I kept an eye on a few other sites and there are people throwing shade at the people who were standing in line. All day it was Snide comments that "it's only a ride and if I think it's a meh attraction you should as well" among other stuff such as broad stroke accusations about people's character for liking the ride. Not an excuse however that's my best guess.

Kirby86

supposedly, around 18 months.
18-24 seems about right. I think they gave themselves the late 2024 window because if it by some chance they can't hit it, outside of Christmas it's the slow period. They can fall back and it should be ready for spring and summer which is when a water ride is most in demand.

Vegas Disney Fan

Yeah I’m interested to see what kind of construction walls/scrims will start going up tomorrow if any. Seems like they want to pretend like it was never there lol

Optimistic me hopes they start the transformation immediately (because it’ll be interesting to watch) but realistic me suspects it’ll be 6 months to a year before we see any visible exterior changes at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom