News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby86

I have never understood how GMR was old, stale and not worth keeping but COP carries on. I don't want to offend the Disney purists but GMR>COP
I think Carousel of Progress is kept around because it is the only orignal attraction in the park that Walt personally worked on. Granted it was for the Worlds fair and moved to magic Kingdom from Land but as the one attraction Walt actually had something to do with on property I'd try to keep it open too.

UNCgolf

I think Carousel of Progress is kept around because it is the only orignal attraction in the park that Walt personally worked on. Granted it was for the Worlds fair and moved to magic Kingdom from Land but as the one attraction Walt actually had something to do with on property I'd try to keep it open too.

Plus, it's awesome.

I like it more than at least 75% of other attractions on property.

celluloid

Also the fact that the current show was created in the early 90s and has overstayed every single other version of the show of the CoP prior. What is sad is there is no reason or excuse that the current show is still there other than the current leadership can't be bothered or trusted with creating a new one.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I love Carousel of Progress I want it to stay.
And it isn't just for old farts who've been visiting for 40+ years. I took my daughter on it for the first time 2 years ago when she was 5, and she absolutely loves the ride and "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow," and is adamant that we ride it every trip. Makes me feel like I'm doing some things right....

Basil of Baker Street

I knew it wouldn't be a popular opinion.
Doesn't matter. Once all of you boomers are gone, I'm going to start a change.org petition to have it shipped to the Smithsonian.

P.S. I'm sending the Speedway with it.

Last edited:

Ghost93

I love Carousel of Progress I want it to stay.
I'm sure the Carousel of Progress will remain but be updated to keep with the times. Maybe the family could feature LGBTQ characters or more people of color during the present-day and future day segments.

aladdin2007

for all the ones here that keep complaining about the speedway , families love the attraction. Yes it needs an update in many ways, but shouldn't be ripped out.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
for all the ones here that keep complaining about the speedway , families love the attraction. Yes it needs an update in many ways, but shouldn't be ripped out.
Another unpopular opinion for me - my wife HATES rides. Doesn't like animatronics; doesn't like fast motion. The "drop" on Pirates and the air puff in your face on Imagination bother her.

But she took the daughter on the Speedway and had a blast letting her "drive." There is a lot of nostalgia to that ride for us, and for a lot of families. Little kids love being able to drive the cars.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Another unpopular opinion for me - my wife HATES rides. Doesn't like animatronics; doesn't like fast motion. The "drop" on Pirates and the air puff in your face on Imagination bother her.

But she took the daughter on the Speedway and had a blast letting her "drive." There is a lot of nostalgia to that ride for us, and for a lot of families. Little kids love being able to drive the cars.
Don't you have a car at home to let your toddler practice driving?!?/!??

UNCgolf

It should be. It's on a huge footprint and most families can get a much better version of the same experience closer to home or at other vacation destinations. It would be one thing if it was a really impressive, unique version of that attraction (i.e. something you could only do at Disney) but it's not even close to that. It's likely in the bottom 25% of ones that exist around the US.

They could put in a much better attraction there plus a table service restaurant.

Last edited:

fgmnt

It should be. It's on a huge footprint and most families can get a much better version of the same experience closer to home or at other vacation destinations. It would be one thing if it was a really impressive, unique version of that attraction (i.e something you could only do at Disney) but it's not even close to that. It's likely in the bottom 25% of ones that exist around the US.

They could put in a much better attraction there plus a table service restaurant.
Replace it with something like Aquatopia and you get a analogous ride that's significantly more visually appealing, exponentially more ambiently appealing to the senses of sound and smell, and takes up a smaller footprint.

It will never happen, but it is nice to think about.

Kirby86

I have no horse in this race but I've seen better versions of the speedway at regional parks not saying get rid of it but it needs work.

celluloid

I knew it wouldn't be a popular opinion.
Doesn't matter. Once all of you boomers are gone, I'm going to start a change.org petition to have it shipped to the Smithsonian.

P.S. I'm sending the Speedway with it.

You must be a foolish youngin to think that change.org does such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom