Splash Mountain rehab in January

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm not new and I didn't know.
Of course that's because it doesn't effect me since I won't be down there again for a number of years... :brick:

THertel88

2009 is the first time im going to WDW in January. Splash Mountain AND Space Mountain being closed? I think I may be skipping MK this year

captainkidd

2009 is the first time im going to WDW in January. Splash Mountain AND Space Mountain being closed? I think I may be skipping MK this year

I would bet money, Space Mountain will not go down for the big rehab until Splash is back up.

All rides have to go down at some point for rehab. That's understandable. Disney would be NUTS to close the 2 most popular rides in the most popular park at the same time. People would freak.

olmec26

I would bet money, Space Mountain will not go down for the big rehab until Splash is back up.

All rides have to go down at some point for rehab. That's understandable. Disney would be NUTS to close the 2 most popular rides in the most popular park at the same time. People would freak.

And that is exactly why the Space rehab got cut short! :brick::brick:

sweetpee_1993

Splash will be reopened before we get there. No big loss either way for me. I have been on it a few times but I'm not a fan of being wet so I rarely ever ride it. Space Mountain would be more of a loss for us. This will be the 1st trip for my 2 nieces (9 & 12 years old) and they've been doing their studying on the parks to make their lists of must-dos. Space is one of 'em, of course. :)

Rehabs are good. The year we went and Test Track was down for the big rehab was a bummer but we were all the more excited to ride again the next trip!

rsoxguy

No, no, no. There's plenty to do at the MK. By all means, go and enjoy the park. Don't let a couple of closed attractions spoil such a great place. :wave:

DisneyLeo18

sorry everyone quick question relating to Splash: im heading down on 12/12 and havent been to the world in the winter in at least 10 years, is splash still rideable with the weather? does it get too chilly to ride?

thanks if anyone can help

ToTBellHop

sorry everyone quick question relating to Splash: im heading down on 12/12 and havent been to the world in the winter in at least 10 years, is splash still rideable with the weather? does it get too chilly to ride?

thanks if anyone can help
depends on the day and the person. Yes, it can get cold in December, but it can also be 80 degrees--it really depends on what you consider to be too cold for a water ride.

RSoxNo1

We go the first week of December almost every year (and will be there until 12/10 this year). On our last trip we only went on Splash Mountain once, that was in part due to it being down for a few hours when we were in the area, and the weather at night. If you go there doing the day it could be in the 80s, but it does cool off at night. Either way, the waits for Splash Mountain are typically shorter than those for Thunder Mountain that time of year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom