Splash Mountain rehab in January

captainkidd

Well I personally have no inside information, but the people who do on this board are saying that it got scaled back because Phil Holmes was concerned about Guests complaining about a lengthy downtime.

Interesting.

I can't say that bums me about much. Space Mountain has always been one of my favorites just as is. Like an old pair of shoes.

chaggy102

sorry everyone quick question relating to Splash: im heading down on 12/12 and havent been to the world in the winter in at least 10 years, is splash still rideable with the weather? does it get too chilly to ride?

thanks if anyone can help

It does depend but during Christmas week last year when it did get cold they did shut down the ride for the night.

Buried20KLeague

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Splash Mountain will be closed for rehab January 4 - 17, 2009.[/FONT]

So... That means if you wanna ride Splash and actually see the hopping Bre'r Rabbit, plan to ride on January 18th. In the morning. Within an hour of park open.

:brick::brick:

disneydiva72

Original Poster
Originally Posted by DisneyLeo18
sorry everyone quick question relating to Splash: im heading down on 12/12 and havent been to the world in the winter in at least 10 years, is splash still rideable with the weather? does it get too chilly to ride?

I was there last December (first week) and it was as humid as hell!! We were sweating out rear ends off at the VMCP!

mrerk

Premium Member

There are certain elements that can be turned off when the weather gets cold. You may still get wet, but probably not soaked.

RSoxNo1

After the first lift hill you make a loop around the briar patch to the second lift hill. Right before this lift hill it's often timed so that a log goes down the falls right as you're about to go up the second lift hill. They kick back an extra splash as the log goes down that normally soaks the log that's about to go up the lift hill. Typically you get more wet here than on the drop itself. During times of cold weather they turn this feature off.

the-reason14

After the first lift hill you make a loop around the briar patch to the second lift hill. Right before this lift hill it's often timed so that a log goes down the falls right as you're about to go up the second lift hill. They kick back an extra splash as the log goes down that normally soaks the log that's about to go up the lift hill. Typically you get more wet here than on the drop itself. During times of cold weather they turn this feature off.

I remember it being cold and they had this feature on which made me mad. I forget when it was, I think april, but it had me mad.

hokielutz

Its a pity that it will be closed for almost the entire time we are down there... only opening back up on the day we are supposed to leave.

Maybe my DW and I will have to make one last trip up Main Street that morning for a couple rides before getting on the road for home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom