Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

I get it, but hate that it's a retrofit. They can't do this halfway like they did with Frozen. This needs to be a better ride with better AA's than Splash Mountain.

It makes a ton of sense location wise in California. In Florida, I would have loved to see them take the opportunity to put something more thematically appropriate for Frontierland in here and put Princess and the Frog in Fantasyland.

I will miss Splash Mountain but I get it. Just don't do this halfway.

Mainahman

Hey Disney. Listen. Since you're dragging Tony back out to work on this, how about you give him a project he isn't being forced into in order to maintain his "consultant" status. You know...some dragon?

The funds should've been directed to literally any other project. Splash was in really good shape as of recently. Space Mountain...Imagination...Buzz...Stitch...should I keep going?

Now the complainers are going to feel like this is a win from their complaints. At this rate, we should maybe change the Grand Floridians theme too. That's a whole "problematic" era.
He got his dragon is paris...

M:SpilotISTC12

I don't think so. I think that any good business understands that you have to keep up with the times.
Then its time to take down more! That Liberty Bell and Hall of Presidents needs to go next! Get with the times Liberty Square! That stuff happened like 200 years ago! And get rid of that dusty old mansion too! Its making the neighborhood look abandoned!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I keep seeing the Tony Baxter is consulting but I feel like there is consulting and then there is George Lucas on the Sequel Trilogy Consulting. They know if they have Tony involved, even if it is just in name only, to help keep the fan boys quiet but they don't really care what he has to say, they already have a plan and a budget to move forward with... just like they did to George.

BigThunderMatt

I'm shocked...that people on this forum were somehow blindsided by the fact that a company that actively promotes and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion would not do something like this eventually. Then again, knowing the average attitude of a lot of people here I'm kind of equally not surprised? As if the thinly-veiled dog whistling this thread disguised as outrage for the change of an iconic attraction wasn't all I needed to know that.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Then its time to take down more! That Liberty Bell and Hall of Presidents needs to go next! Get with the times Liberty Square! That stuff happened like 200 years ago! And get rid of that dusty old mansion too! Its making the neighborhood look abandoned!
It wasn't too long ago people on this very board wanted HOP closed...

SoupBone

I'm shocked...that people on this forum were somehow blindsided by the fact that a company that actively promotes and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion would not do something like this eventually. Then again, knowing the average attitude of a lot of people here I'm kind of equally not surprised? As if the thinly-veiled dog whistling this thread disguised as outrage for the change of an iconic attraction wasn't all I needed to know that.

Why are you tiptoeing around it, just call us a bunch of racists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom