News Splash Mountain January 2018 refurbishment

BoarderPhreak

this is a continuation of that refurb. Basically they reopened the ride in the middle of the work so it would be available during the peak holiday period.
Yeah, that's kinda what I figured.

Didn't it just undergo a huge refurb from top to bottom a couple of years ago? I'm spacing when that was...

BoarderPhreak

Outdoors and wet is far worse. Kali and Splash close annually. Frostrom and PotC do not.
Na’vi has no drops so the water does not require as many chemicals for treatment. So it’s slightly less corrosive. It also doesn’t go outside
True, being exposed not only to the weather, but UV as well - that'll wreak havoc on plastics, rubbers, paint, etc.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
True, being exposed not only to the weather, but UV as well - that'll wreak havoc on plastics, rubbers, paint, etc.

Plus sweat, oil, and whatever else gets washed off of guests as they ride. Seeing and being near the holding tank is... an experience I cannot properly describe. If you lose a hat on Splash Mountain, you don't want it back.

Brer Oswald

I don't know what they are 'refurbishing' but it could be to test the ride system or alt

I saw jumping Brer Rabbit in November/December.
Yeah they’ve been way better with fixing Brer Rabbit. The point was that it was one of the unusual recurring problems that Martin mentioned.

seascape

The Ready Creek Improvement Distric handles all the wastewater treatment at WDW. Rather than just discharge the tested water into steams and rivers they use it for watering the property. As a result it is actually more environmental that almost every other wastewater system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom