Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

Genie of the Lamp

Speaking of this, is there any info on how the AA's and effects have been holding up so far? Anyone?

I watched the Jeff and Denise vid they put up yesterday and everything seems to be what has been reported here (everything's working except Mr.Bluebird and one chicken on Showboat finale is frozen I believe) and looked like what you saw in @wdwmagic on ride video.

Marc Gil

Speaking of this, is there any info on how the AA's and effects have been holding up so far? Anyone?
The ride is now closed due to technical difficulties. I asked the hostess what was the problem, she said that the computer malfunctioned and turned the ride off. I don't know how accurate this is. Just an update. The ride had been malfunctioning now for quite a while.

Yert3

The ride is now closed due to technical difficulties. I asked the hostess what was the problem, she said that the computer malfunctioned and turned the ride off. I don't know how accurate this is. Just an update. The ride had been malfunctioning now for quite a while.
Not shocking, but at least the show quality is holding up.

Marc Gil

Also an update: the final drop's water fall is greatly reduced, and the water fall near the zip a dee doo dah scene is turned off.

Genie of the Lamp

Another MAGICal moment to put in the record books. From a serious standpoint, it looks like if you ride Splash at a certain/the right time, Splash looks brand new and totally awesome. But for whatever reason, this ride always has to get shutdown more consistently than other MK rides (I could be wrong here though so correct me if needed). You reported Pirates was down too today right?

Marc Gil

Another MAGICal moment to put in the record books. From a serious standpoint, it looks like if you ride Splash at a certain/the right time, Splash looks brand new and totally awesome. But for whatever reason, this ride always has to get shutdown more consistently than other MK rides (I could be wrong here though so correct me if needed). You reported Pirates was down too today right?
Yes

ThemeParks4Life

Update: Splash Mountain is still down. After talking to some cast members, it seems that the problem came from a guest standing up on the attraction. This issue has caused the computer to reset. This usually takes 45 minutes- 1 hour and 1/2.

Wait, didn't they add lap bars two years ago?

Tom

Beta Return
Update: Splash Mountain is still down. After talking to some cast members, it seems that the problem came from a guest standing up on the attraction. This issue has caused the computer to reset. This usually takes 45 minutes- 1 hour and 1/2.

45 to 90 minutes to reboot the computer and reset the ride? That doesn't make sense for a standing-up e-stop. They typically just "pause" the ride, make announcements, send a CM to beat the guest, and restart it, don't they? Someone would have to actually get out of the log to trigger something that major, I believe. I could be wrong, but before the lap bars, when idiots would stand up all the time, they didn't have to evac and reboot the system for hours.

flynnibus

Premium Member
45 to 90 minutes to reboot the computer and reset the ride? That doesn't make sense for a standing-up e-stop. They typically just "pause" the ride, make announcements, send a CM to beat the guest, and restart it, don't they? Someone would have to actually get out of the log to trigger something that major, I believe. I could be wrong, but before the lap bars, when idiots would stand up all the time, they didn't have to evac and reboot the system for hours.

Not sure if the ride is succeptable to cascades in those situations since each vehicle can't stop on its own. I've also heard about rides where the show controls themselves are very manually intense to restart and get synchd.. and not just the ride system itself being the main delay.

I don't know exactly - but it doesn't surprise me from what I've heard from knowledgeable folks on other attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom