Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

JustInTime

Keep in mind that the 2 and a half month refurb is going to be used to install interactive elements, I am sure. That was rumored anyway.

Bairstow

It will be very interesting to see whether the 2.5 month closure turns into a year or more.
I've got a suspicion that some of the first work they do will be exploratory work to survey the extent of the water damage.

RunnerEd

It will be very interesting to see whether the 2.5 month closure turns into a year or more.
I've got a suspicion that some of the first work they do will be exploratory work to survey the extent of the water damage.

They would almost have to. Even if they were ok with leaving a tarp up and I don't believe they are (as a permanent solution anyway), the lawyers wouldn't let them leave the risk of more collapse above the load area in the long run. There is too much rock work that could potentially hurt/kill quite a few people.

articos

I would not expect it to be that long. If more damage is found than expected, it may go a few months over (maybe up to 6 months), but I don't believe it would take longer than that to stabilize any major issues. Definitely not a year.

pumpkin7

So, they close it down and the first thing they do is refurb the drop? :rolleyes:

Well, perhaps they are doing something else, but it would be lovely if they could give this refurb one big massive push and get the mountain back to how it used to be, because if we're all losing hope, it won't be long before the average guest starts noticing all these little problem.

MaryJaneP

If water damage caused cracked foundation, answer seems to be disco drop. Why fix things when they can be hidden by strobe lights?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom