Splash Mountain closed for refurb in Jan and Feb 2010

number1wdwfan

Ugh, looks like I'll have to call and complain yet again. Every year I go down for the Disney Marathon, and every year this attraction (which happens to be my favorite) is closed. It's amazing they don't wait until after the the thousands of runners are gone to close the ride. Ridiculous...

Do you think if we tried to get together some sort of petition with a bunch of runners who are irritated at NEVER getting to ride Splash Mountain during Marathon Weekend that they'd consider postponing the rehab by a week? I think it's incredibly unfair that they do it at the exact same time every year. It's my favorite ride, and I know it is for plenty of other ppl there for Marathon Weekend as well and I just think it might be worth a shot to try and get them to postpone the rehab so we can finally have a chance to ride one of the best attractions at WDW!!!

JWG

Do you think if we tried to get together some sort of petition with a bunch of runners who are irritated at NEVER getting to ride Splash Mountain during Marathon Weekend that they'd consider postponing the rehab by a week? I think it's incredibly unfair that they do it at the exact same time every year. It's my favorite ride, and I know it is for plenty of other ppl there for Marathon Weekend as well and I just think it might be worth a shot to try and get them to postpone the rehab so we can finally have a chance to ride one of the best attractions at WDW!!!

This may be the only valid argument for moving this annual refurb that I've heard. I didn't even realize it fell over marathon week. Clearly, they try to do the work during the coldest of the slow period for Disney (hence not the middle of September before F&W but after school starts). That may drive the decision more than anything.

xfkirsten

If I am not mistaken Splash was down for refurb for approximately two months two years ago at the regularly scheduled time. During that refurb a new intrusion system, the third load station was added as well as new operator consoles. The last I heard (awhile ago) the third load station was not being used as it actually hurt ride capacity. Perhaps they are looking to fix this so that the third station can work properly and increase the capacity...

Eh... not really. Dispatch 3 really does help considerably - it's very noticeable when you're at FastPass merge. However, it really doesn't help when Central Shops won't give you your logs back and you're stuck with only 45 in the flume. Nor does it help when you have some CMs that suck at grouping...

that picture is from TDL Splash Mountain.. Not WDW's..... The boats are completely different.. Smaller, and and more 'streamlined'.... not nearly as wide as the boats in WDW..

disneydata is correct - that log was from WDW this past summer. It was in the flume for testing. I saw it myself backstage.

You might rethink that comment if you knew how often people jump out of their logs in a day...

WORD. I have had nightmares about intrusion alarms...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom