Splash Mountain closed for refurb in Jan and Feb 2010

SirGoofy

Hope not. That would be skimping out...I think it needs it yearly.

I disagree. The AAs are gonna malfunction no matter what. The refurbs really don't help a whole heck of a lot on that front.

But getting 2 years worth of painting in would save the ride from needing to be closed every year.

nenner1

Bummer. Hopefully it will reopen in time on 2/28...we will be there.

And I sure would love it if they would adjust those water cannons that soak you before you (actually) get on the ride (while you are near the Briar Patch at the beginning). Is it my imagination or do they spray more frequently and more forcefully? In years past we would not get soaked so often at that location...now it is every time we ride...:fork:

EPCOT Explorer

I disagree. The AAs are gonna malfunction no matter what. The refurbs really don't help a whole heck of a lot on that front.

But getting 2 years worth of painting in would save the ride from needing to be closed every year.

:brick:

Show > Efficiency.

Did TDO hack your account?

Gator

I've been telling my daughter for 6 months that she's tall enough for Splash Mountain. It's all she can talk about. And now Disney is going to close it for our vacation.

YOU SUCK, DISNEY!

SirGoofy

:brick:

Show > Efficiency.

Did TDO hack your account?

No, you misinterpreted what I was saying. The AAs in Splash are some of the most temperamental out there. They could close the ride for 3 months every year, and they would still malfunction a week later. It's just what they do.

In this light, it's better to have it down for 2 months every other year for painting.

EPCOT Explorer

No, you misinterpreted what I was saying. The AAs in Splash are some of the most temperamental out there. They could close the ride for 3 months every year, and they would still malfunction a week later. It's just what they do.

In this light, it's better to have it down for 2 months every other year for painting.

Still!

They really have got to make them more reliable then. The fact that they break so frequently warrants a long refurb like this. Hopefully, that's happening.

They should be doing both the painting and the AA Maint. on a regular basis.

SirGoofy

Still!

They really have got to make them more reliable then. The fact that they break so frequently warrants a long refurb like this. Hopefully, that's happening.

They should be doing both the painting and the AA Maint. on a regular basis.

But they can make them more reliable with out closing the ride, and AA maintenance is done on a regular basis, hence why I don't think the ride needs to be closed every year.

Plus, if it's every other, they can close/refurb another ride on the off year.

hoke2007

Great news! I feel really bad for those of you who will be down at Disney during this time, but this rehab is for the best. It could use some TLC.

EPCOT Explorer

But they can make them more reliable with out closing the ride, and AA maintenance is done on a regular basis, hence why I don't think the ride needs to be closed every year.

Plus, if it's every other, they can close/refurb another ride on the off year.

I agree with what you are saying, but I don't like how you are saying it. :fork: :lol:

I guess. I just want it looking good, all the time. It was really showing it's wear in Aug.

RSoxNo1

The biggest problem I saw was the mouth animation on a lot of the animatronics. Additionally the projection of Brer Fox, Bear and Rabbit running over the hill is a bit faded.

The other question I had was in the laughing place, I remember the jumping water going over the boat. Is this something that they sometimes do, and sometimes don't do?

spacemt09

The main reason Splash is closed every year is the water. Water is not nice to metal components, especially those such as lift hill chains that have large stresses put on them and the integrity of the metal needs to be maintained. Research and testing is probably being done to switch out metal materials, but there is cost and time involved in replacing all of them.

If I am not mistaken Splash was down for refurb for approximately two months two years ago at the regularly scheduled time. During that refurb a new intrusion system, the third load station was added as well as new operator consoles. The last I heard (awhile ago) the third load station was not being used as it actually hurt ride capacity. Perhaps they are looking to fix this so that the third station can work properly and increase the capacity...

Kadruk

theres more to this refurb than the ones in the past.. new water cannons will replace the old (unreliable) ones.. and there will be additional ones added.... additionally, track replacement (guide railing) on the main drop feature flume will be replaced.. this will be the second time this work has been done

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom