Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain Refurb?

Disaddict

I have heard about thunder going down from january to march, but not splash. They both desperately need a good refurb. Anyone know when the last time Thunder received a refurb?

I think that BTMRR was down in 2007 for a refurb. My son couldn't ride it at 2 years old in 2005 but then at 4 (in 2007) he could but it wasn't running due to a refurb. :(

ToTBellHop

They could dam just that section... The river boat would have to be shut down in the meantime... but I could be wrong... Now I know I need to pick up a shift at Thunder in January...

The riverboat is set to close January 28-February 3. Perhaps that's related (to get equipment into the area?). Either way, it does not seem that they plan on closing and draining all of the Rivers of America.

devoy1701

All i can say is thank goodness.

Hopefully Splash will also get some much needed work done to the show elements this time during its regular annual refurb as well.

tehSAC

Bummer. We will be visiting mid may. My daughter will be very disappointed. Hopefully they get it up in running a few weeks earlier.

devoy1701

I did say "starting to." :wave: I fully agree with your assertion that there needs to be a constant rotation.

I was actually considering sending Meg an email commenting on some of the "positive" steps that we've been seeing.

I'm sure an email from yours truly would be worthy of being framed in her office! :ROFLOL:

WDW1974

Don't you dare... the complacency will kick back in! :)

Agreed.

You don't commend Disney for fixing what never should have been falling apart to begin with.

They haven't been doing a good job and now when they start doing something that should haven't of ever been needed, you don't praise.

You turn the heat up on other issues they have.

I have a visit coming up and I already expect that only two major MK attractions will be remotely close to the condition they should be -- and both are in LS.

~GFCers love MAGIC!~

CaptainShortty

I'll admit i haven't read the whole thread but lets also remember that Dumbo will be closing the first week of January leaving another majorly popular attraction closed in MK. That's 3 if they choose to close Splash like they normally do. I'm happy to see that the upkeep is taking place but God bless the CMs in MK Guest Relations because they're going to get an earful of angry guests. I'm sure of that. :shrug:

zooey

They're doing all this for the anticipated guests coming for the FLE. I remember reading awhile back that they planned on freshening up as much as possible so that the MK looks its best by the opening of FLE, probably more so for all the visitors who haven't been in a decade that will come check out some of the new offerings. We'll see if TDO keeps this kind of maintenance up a couple years after FLE has lost its newness and things return to "normal" in MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom