Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

BuddyThomas

Could someone please educate me on why the other "spirited" thread, one of the most popular on here with hundreds of pages and thousands of posts, was locked? I didn't see anyone getting nasty. I kind of don't get the whole censorship thing anyway, to be honest, but I definitely find this one to be a head scratcher.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I know I keep hearing about how busy MK is (BTW, none of the parks I went to were anything even close to busy ... the first two weeks in April are generally dead when Easter is so late!), but I honestly don't get how folks aren't able to do anything unless they are dragging three kids under seven with them.

One night, I went and did 11 attractions (all three Mountains, three other E-Tix, Pan etc) and saw Celebrate the Magic and MSEP all in under four hours with no rushing at all. I know I am exceptional, but c'mon it isn't that tough.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Could someone please educate me on why the other "spirited" thread, one of the most popular on here with hundreds of pages and thousands of posts, was locked? I didn't see anyone getting nasty. I kind of don't get the whole censorship thing anyway, to be honest, but I definitely find this one to be a head scratcher.

I wasn't aware that it was.

I guess the mods were looking to close it and me starting this one was the excuse. I don't really care. Within two weeks I will be gone again, but I hope this thread stays on the topics of what's going on in WDW and UNI and we don't just transfer talk about how all the critics of S.H.I.E.L.D. were wrong (they weren't, it sucks).

jlsHouston

It got locked? She locked the one on the DAS lawsuit too and I didn't see any personal slamming posts but maybe she deleted them before she locked it. That woman is cleaning house today.;)

bhg469

It got locked? She locked the one on the DAS lawsuit too and I didn't see any personal slamming posts but maybe she deleted them before she locked it. That woman is cleaning house today.;)
Their forum, their rules. Moderation here could use a refresher for certain.

BuddyThomas

It was locked specifically because Mr. Spirit started a new thread. Guess she thinks only one Spirited thread at a time is necessary.
I have no horse in this race. I just don't necessarily understand the decision. I think that the mods are really pretty awesome on here compared to that "other" board, and they usually allow free conversation to a certain point, but I just don't get this one. I have not commented in the other Spirited thread but was enjoying the read, and now it will just sink to the bottom of the sea.
:(

ParentsOf4

Out of curiosity, is the difference you see solely about the way their dressed? Or are we talking behavior? Is there a weight limit or a facial asymmetry I am not aware of?

What separates a "respectable family" from a "Honey Boo Boo" crowd?
Please note that I wrote "respectably dressed families". I did not write "respectable family".

My father grew up at a time when gentlemen wore jackets, ties, and hats when frequenting expensive establishments. Dressing appropriately was considered a sign a respect.

We live in a time when some people go to their places of worship in t-shirts and shorts.

Jiko actually has a dress code. Quoting from the WDW website:

At this Signature Dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code.

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Women may wear capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.

Not permitted in the dining room are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics.​

A "respectably dressed family" dresses appropriately for their environment.

bhg469

Please note that I wrote "respectably dressed families". I did not write "respectable family".

My father grew up at a time when gentlemen wore jackets, ties, and hats when frequenting expensive establishments. Dressing appropriately was considered a sign a respect.

We live in a time when some people go to their places of worship in t-shirts and shorts.

At this Signature Dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code.

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Not permitted in the dining room are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics.​

Our dinner at saana was fantastic and I recall everyone was appropriately dressed as well.

jlsHouston

'New Fantasyland' remains a major FAIL to me. Sure, it absolutely looks good. especially at night. Hell, it even has a themed merchandise location.

But there is no substance there whatsoever. A $425 million project and no substance. Just how can that be? It's all so fake and plastic and superficial.

Plus I get really lost now. It took 2 visits for me to find the Beast's Castle and yes I kept looking up and seeing it in the distance. I couldn't feel the love with the Mermaid ride, which it took me 4 trips to finally locate that attraction. I'm just grateful IASW and Peter Pan didn't get demo'd.

jlsHouston

I have no horse in this race. I just don't necessarily understand the decision. I think that the mods are really pretty awesome on here compared to that "other" board, and they usually allow free conversation to a certain point, but I just don't get this one. I have not commented in the other Spirited thread but was enjoying the read, and now it will just sink to the bottom of the sea.
It was a really good thread. I was laughing out loud through some of it and glad no one was in the house awake to ask me what was so funny

Sped2424

No. I only stay on property with DVC points (they are spoken for! :) ) or cast discounts.
The best cast deals I could find (I now refuse to do values) were $105 at CBR and PO. $50 at Portofino Bay speaks for itself. I have no plans to stay at WDW in the immediate future BUT ...

... shockingly, I really liked the Grand Flo Villas. I am not a fan of the GF largely ... it is beautiful, yes, but the theme does little for me. The Villas are more colorful and playful from the fountain in the lobby to the beautiful light fixtures that hang in the atrium to the colorful carpeting.
Discounts when working for Portofino are fantastic, my brother is able to get us 50 dollars at any lowes hotel across the country! It's fantastic.

WDW1974

Original Poster

M is pretty fair and reasonable. If you explain you were enjoying that discussion and that it is a very different one from this one, maybe she'll reopen it.

I just have no interest in it right now. I have about two weeks before my real vacation begins and what limited time I have here, I'm going to spend on this thread and any breaking news deal. I don't feel like discussing how wonderful Marvel is and how great Bob Iger is for buying them. I don't have an issue with folks talking about it, even in a thread I started to discuss other things.

But ultimately it is up to the powers here.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Plus I get really lost now. It took 2 visits for me to find the Beast's Castle and yes I kept looking up and seeing it in the distance. I couldn't feel the love with the Mermaid ride, which it took me 4 trips to finally locate that attraction. I'm just grateful IASW and Peter Pan didn't get demo'd.

No, but Small World should it's in such an appalling state. More embarrassing with Disney celebrating its 50th anniversary.

While I generally thought show quality at MK was better, most notably on Splash Mountain, Small World remains a mess ... I was talking to a friend and I think part of it is that due to the song and the bright colors and kinetics that Disney can really let the thing go to hell and very few people will notice versus something like Pirates.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I wasn't aware that it was.

I guess the mods were looking to close it and me starting this one was the excuse. I don't really care. Within two weeks I will be gone again, but I hope this thread stays on the topics of what's going on in WDW and UNI and we don't just transfer talk about how all the critics of S.H.I.E.L.D. were wrong (they weren't, it sucks).

It was locked specifically because Mr. Spirit started a new thread. Guess she thinks only one Spirited thread at a time is necessary.

Their forum, their rules. Moderation here could use a refresher for certain.

It was a really good thread. I was laughing out loud through some of it and glad no one was in the house awake to ask me what was so funny

I hear you. They should have a way on here to search for locked threads because they are really the most entertaining.
;)

M is pretty fair and reasonable. If you explain you were enjoying that discussion and that it is a very different one from this one, maybe she'll reopen it.

I just have no interest in it right now. I have about two weeks before my real vacation begins and what limited time I have here, I'm going to spend on this thread and any breaking news deal. I don't feel like discussing how wonderful Marvel is and how great Bob Iger is for buying them. I don't have an issue with folks talking about it, even in a thread I started to discuss other things.

But ultimately it is up to the powers here.

The old thread is back open.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Discounts when working for Portofino are fantastic, my brother is able to get us 50 dollars at any lowes hotel across the country! It's fantastic.

Well, as a Faux Top One Percenter, I try and pay as little as possible for any/every thing. That is what true one percenters (not new money, established wealth) do.

I think they are a good group to emulate ... at least that's what all my rightwinged pals would say.

Nubs70

Out of respect for the establishment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom