Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

Kman101

I don't think any of us would be surprised if he were. Didn't someone mention a 'hit list' of sorts of folks that were of a certain age, that are more or less "encouraged" to retire?

Bairstow

Actually, I was going to mention Jaws. There didn't seem to be a hint of outrage that it went away. I never saw it so I have no insight. If Universal in FL is anything like here in CA, the attractions involve very little emotional commitment. Their concept of entertainment dictates as such. Harry Potter may be the first in a long while to encroach on this new territory of nostalgia. ET had some as well.

I think some of it may also be in the way Universal chose to handle the Jaws closure.
Unlike Disney, which usually closes attractions with no ceremony and often with no forewarning, Universal threw a bit of a party for the old fish, and since it was clear that multiple new attractions were indeed on their way, it was hard for anyone to really get too angry at them.
It's amazing what not showing contempt for your fanbase can do sometimes.

Skip to 8:00 on this video:

Cesar R M

With all due respect to those two establishments, I don't care how "in" 80's and 90's fashions are (and I agree with you, they are in) but jorts are best left in the past just like mullets and I'm pretty sure those studmuffins in the catalogs aren't sportin' those.

The only way those jorts would be cool is if they were rolled down 2 feet to the ankles.
pretty sure the people in a few decades will be saying the same of what today we call "la mode" (or trending).

Cesar R M

At least there's not a lot of this at the parks:

PANTS2.jpg

I'll take jorts and mullets over adults with apparent full diapers any day.

could be worse..
there are guys who wear these even lower.. here is a diagram ;)
DEHPTJu.jpg

Soarin' Over Pgh

could be worse..
there are guys who wear these even lower.. here is a diagram ;)
DEHPTJu.jpg

You know, I was going to post this exact photo. But then I thought someone would make some smart comment about dwarves and the new Mine Train.

;) But yeah, the man- dress and full diaper look is NOT a good look. I thought it was a phase and was going to pass, but unfortunately the sagging pants has been around for 20 years.

Fun fact- it originated in jail and was done to show you were someones... uh, female dog. Just remember that when you see these idiots waddling down the street. :)

RSoxNo1

With regards to the long Fastpass line for pirates yesterday, this happened under the old system whenever Fastpass rides had downtime. The greater argument here is Fastpass where it doesn't belong... That to me is the biggest flaw with Fastpass+. To fix that, you either need to build more rides or decrease distribution in advance. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like either is happening anytime soon.

PhotoDave219

With regards to the long Fastpass line for pirates yesterday, this happened under the old system whenever Fastpass rides had downtime. The greater argument here is Fastpass where it doesn't belong... That to me is the biggest flaw with Fastpass+. To fix that, you either need to build more rides or decrease distribution in advance. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like either is happening anytime soon.

That line is not the fast pass line that I stood in.

A combination of factors. At that point the parade was canceled, and all outdoor attractions were closed due to lightning in the area.

Several other people have reported that there fast pass was canceled and one of the options to pick a new one was Pirates.

So essentially, everybody went at once. This is somewhere around 3 o'clock or 315 when I had decided to leave the park… Shortly after riding pirates. My wait was all of five minutes.

This line appears to be in outlier and was not put in the proper context.

I mean if there's a reason to beat up Disney about this, generally had be one of the first people in line to call them out. But it is not the case in this instance.

The Mom

Premium Member
But the article confirms it did indeed originate in prison. Sagging pants just look plain ridiculous, but even if they didn't, I don't know why anyone would want to emulate prison styles of dress.

It is to make you look tougher, ie, you got used to wearing your pants that way because you had done time. In some neighborhoods, looking tough is a survival skill.

RSoxNo1

That line is not the fast pass line that I stood in.

A combination of factors. At that point the parade was canceled, and all outdoor attractions were closed due to lightning in the area.

Several other people have reported that there fast pass was canceled and one of the options to pick a new one was Pirates.

So essentially, everybody went at once. This is somewhere around 3 o'clock or 315 when I had decided to leave the park… Shortly after riding pirates. My wait was all of five minutes.

This line appears to be in outlier and was not put in the proper context.

I mean if there's a reason to beat up Disney about this, generally had be one of the first people in line to call them out. But it is not the case in this instance.
See that makes total sense. The line needs to be put in context, thanks.

Cesar R M

But the article confirms it did indeed originate in prison. Sagging pants just look plain ridiculous, but even if they didn't, I don't know why anyone would want to emulate prison styles of dress.
Agree, but like mom said.. It was to look "strong" and "tough" probably to other cholos, tugs, ganstahs an wannabe strong kids.

It is to make you look tougher, ie, you got used to wearing your pants that way because you had done time. In some neighborhoods, looking tough is a survival skill.
Agree!
But it also makes them untrusworthy.. because they possible are instantly linked with a gang.

Phil12

These young men and women should rightfully be proud of all the weight that they lost. It's a sign of healthy eating habits and getting the proper amount of exercise.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Did I really leave this thread well over 100 pages ago?

Maybe I'll come back after I get the new stuff out above ... after all, why can't it be spring break all year long?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom