Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

magicallactose

A dude wearing jean shorts in 2014...yes

At the risk of making you feel old, '90s and '80s fashion is very 'on trend' right now. Jean shorts; oversized sweaters; neon, plastic sunglasses, floral print dresses paired with clunky boots. Check out any Forever Twenty One or H & M for proof. That said, those shorts would look more in vogue if he rolled up the cuffs a bit.

harveyt0206

The FP+ return queue for Pirates this afternoon.
That just looks...wrong...

Remember the good old days when Pirates was usually less than a 10min wait?

(courtesy of DCALover on Twitter)View attachment 54888

That picture makes me physically ill. That is sad. I feel like a large part of what I loved about my trips to a WDW is now a thing of the past. September will be my first trip to WDW since full implementation of FP+. I'm not liking what I am seeing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That picture makes me physically ill. That is sad. I feel like a large part of what I loved about my trips to a WDW is now a thing of the past. September will be my first trip to WDW since full implementation of FP+. I'm not liking what I am seeing.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. The standby line is back down to under 10 mins. It is a holiday weekend too. You should be fine in September when crowds are very low anyway.

Clamman73

If you're there during the week in September, you should be able to almost walk on.

TalkingHead

At the risk of making you feel old, '90s and '80s fashion is very 'on trend' right now. Jean shorts; oversized sweaters; neon, plastic sunglasses, floral print dresses paired with clunky boots. Check out any Forever Twenty One or H & M for proof. That said, those shorts would look more in vogue if he rolled up the cuffs a bit.

Yeah, but it's a law of nature that a man's jorts are never, ever cool.

harveyt0206

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. The standby line is back down to under 10 mins. It is a holiday weekend too. You should be fine in September when crowds are very low anyway.

If you're there during the week in September, you should be able to almost walk on.

I know you're right and I know I will see a completely different crowd pattern at the end of September ....but it doesn't change the fact that some rides are inherently worse with the addition of Fastpass. That's what makes me sad. I am fine with waiting in line for Pirates. It's usually a 15-20 minute wait during our trips, which is nice. I can live with that. I just don't feel it's a ride that benefits from the addition of FP. It's nice having one or two rides that you can count on to have shorter waits. Just my 2 cents.

Clamman73

I know you're right and I know I will see a completely different crowd pattern at the end of September ....but it doesn't change the fact that some rides are inherently worse with the addition of Fastpass. That's what makes me sad. I am fine with waiting in line for Pirates. It's usually a 15-20 minute wait during our trips, which is nice. I can live with that. I just don't feel it's a ride that benefits from the addition of FP. It's nice having one or two rides that you can count on to have shorter waits. Just my 2 cents.
Totally agree...And I'll add Peter Pan.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree that there's no need for it on rides like Pirates or HM. Total waste.

Fe Maiden

Check out any Forever Twenty One or H & M for proof.

With all due respect to those two establishments, I don't care how "in" 80's and 90's fashions are (and I agree with you, they are in) but jorts are best left in the past just like mullets and I'm pretty sure those studmuffins in the catalogs aren't sportin' those.

That said, those shorts would look more in vogue if he rolled up the cuffs a bit.

The only way those jorts would be cool is if they were rolled down 2 feet to the ankles.

Soarin' Over Pgh

With all due respect to those two establishments, I don't care how "in" 80's and 90's fashions are (and I agree with you, they are in) but jorts are best left in the past just like mullets and I'm pretty sure those studmuffins in the catalogs aren't sportin' those.

The only way those jorts would be cool is if they were rolled down 2 feet to the ankles.

At least there's not a lot of this at the parks:

PANTS2.jpg

I'll take jorts and mullets over adults with apparent full diapers any day.

danv3

The FP+ return queue for Pirates this afternoon.
That just looks...wrong...

Remember the good old days when Pirates was usually less than a 10min wait?

(courtesy of DCALover on Twitter)View attachment 54888

I see a lot of smiling faces. They're all so happy that they were able to "lock it in" 60 days ago!

One wonders whether the FP+ return line wait time is more than the wait would have been with no FP at all.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I see a lot of smiling faces. They're all so happy that they were able to "lock it in" 60 days ago!

One wonders whether the FP+ return line wait time is more than the wait would have been with no FP at all.
Probably close. According to touring plans the standby line peaked at 43 mins at 3:50PM which was around the time of the tweet so it was probably still quicker than waiting standby. Maybe the ride was down or something at some point in the afternoon. 43 mins is ugly for that ride. BTMRR peaked at 44 mins today for a point of reference.

bhg469

I understand it's cool looking, but that doesn't mean it makes any sense that he's just sitting up there or that I forgive that I can see him from across the lagoon.

If I didn't see the Dragon at all until I was walking towards Gringotts, I think it'd be a lot more acceptable imo.
It will not be there all the time. He is going to rise up, not sure how often but you will not know he's there until he is out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom