Spirited Special II: DHS Guardians Tower Not Dead; DL to Trade Nostalgia For Star Wars Pyro

RSoxNo1

Diagon Alley has 2 rides (1 if you don't count the train) and is one of the most immersive lands I have ever seen in a theme park. I only road one of the rides in Carsland but still found the land incredibly immersive.
It's an incredibly immersive land, I just wish it had one more attraction in it. It's why I argue that Africa is a better themed land.

RSoxNo1

What attraction would you add though that would make sense in what is essentially an outdoor wizarding mall? A Knight Bus ride? Last thing we need is another ride for people to complain about "screenz" ;):hilarious:
I don't know the answer. But the fact that it's missing relative to the # of things to do in Africa has me feel Africa is the better themed land.

GiveMeTheMusic

What caused Rowlings to storm out of a meeting with Disney executives and take her business up the road?

Rowling wanted creative control and approval, which Disney balked at. She also wasn't impressed with their ideas - a walkthrough zoo of magical creatures and Midway Mania with wands. Remember, this was under Rasulo. Universal was desperate and gave Rowling everything she wanted, and it in turn saved their parks division.

Guess who got creative approval over his licensed projects to Disney? James Cameron. Modern Disney reacts instead of setting the curve.

HauntedMansionFLA

Rowling wanted creative control and approval, which Disney balked at. She also wasn't impressed with their ideas - a walkthrough zoo of magical creatures and Midway Mania with wands. Remember, this was under Rasulo. Universal was desperate and gave Rowling everything she wanted, and it in turn saved their parks division.

Guess who got creative approval over his licensed projects to Disney? James Cameron. Modern Disney reacts instead of setting the curve.
Thanks for the information. I bet they didn't have any idea Lucas was going to seek Star Wars to them. They might have waited it out alittle bit if there were some talks going before signing on with Cameron. I wonder if there have been clashes between Rhode and Cameron?

FigmentJedi

Thanks for the information. I bet they didn't have any idea Lucas was going to seek Star Wars to them. They might have waited it out alittle bit if there were some talks going before signing on with Cameron. I wonder if there have been clashes between Rhode and Cameron?
I believe that's why word on Avatarland got so quiet for a while after the Lucas deal.

wdwfan4ver

I like you @Mike S, But I'm going to assume that SWL is going to get the NFL treatment AMAZING concept art, 'Meh' execution missing most of what was in the concept art.
New Fantasy Fantasy Land even in Concept art was more style over substance though. I saying that due to the announcement of Belle's Enchanted tales and the Pixie Hallow meet and Greets announced at 2009 D23. The amount of shops and eating places at Beauty and Beast and Little Mermaid area combined showed how cheap Disney was going considering their was only 1 ride out of the 2 new areas mentioned combined.

The fact Disney's Beauty and Beast area had no ride, but Belle's Enchanted Tales instead is a problem based on the concept art showed. The Tokyo Disneyland concept art showed how a Beauty and Beast area should've been at the Magic Kingdom instead of it only going to be done right at Tokyo Disneyland.

Even the later concept art of New Fantasy Land was more style over substance after Pixie Hallow gone, with Princess Fairytale Hall, Mine Train and Story book Circusland, Barnstormer being changed into the great goofini announced. The only reason Mine Train was added was because of how cheap the expansion looked on paper from a money stand point to begin with even with the changes of the expansion. Princess Fairytale hall even in concept art had to show that it was cheap to do based on only had to gut the Snow White Scary Adventures Attraction instead replacing it with a new ride. From a space standpoint, Snow White Scary Adventures could've been used for Princess and the Frog, or Tangled at the time.

The concept art of Storybook Circus Land even showed it was going to be cheap since Dumbo spinners are cheap in cost compare to some other types of rides and overlays changes for a coaster is cheap to do also.

Last edited:

Mike S

They also took out an unbuilt concept for a Van Helsing ride and made it Forbidden Journey or so I've read.

The fact that James Cameron has creative control should be good news to anybody.

Cesar R M

What attraction would you add though that would make sense in what is essentially an outdoor wizarding mall? A Knight Bus ride? Last thing we need is another ride for people to complain about "screenz" ;):hilarious:
omnimover themed to the "department of mysteries" with a small fast part with a fight..

HauntedMansionFLA

That would be the long rumored Ministry of Magic expansion over Fear Factor. We were talking about just a third attraction being built for London/Diagon Alley as it exists now.
Never been to Universal but Ministry wôuld be a cool addition. We are talking about doing a split trip when Avatar opens up for two days then do PotterLand.

Cesar R M

That would be the long rumored Ministry of Magic expansion over Fear Factor. We were talking about just a third attraction being built for London/Diagon Alley as it exists now.
I wish that is still on the horizons..
The Ministry of Magic would be the last part apart from Hogwarts and Diagon's Alley in importance in the harry potter world.
The last others would be less apparent, like the quidditch cup, and a bunch of houses (The Malfoy's terror omnimover?)

Mike S

I wish that is still on the horizons..
The Ministry of Magic would be the last part apart from Hogwarts and Diagon's Alley in importance in the harry potter world.
The last others would be less apparent, like the quidditch cup, and a bunch of houses (The Malfoy's terror omnimover?)
I think its been said that MoM still on the table but I'm not totally sure. I think the next thing should be removing Dragon Challenge for the Forbidden Forest. Lots of potential for that plot of land.

We're getting way off topic now though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom