Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle

Interesting!

I'm just hoping that it isn't another colorful, cartoon themed land.
I hope it's not a big blockbuster land ala Lord of the Rings. Then the park will become very similar having two Potter/LOTR-type franchises in the same park.

Don't know if that made sense.

Reactions: luv

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Interesting!

I'm just hoping that it isn't another colorful, cartoon themed land.

I did not ask for details. Quite frankly I do not care what it is at this second and have dropped getting updates on DHS. I am tracking this BGW drama at full force right now and that is very time consuming. Personal time trumps all!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As a brief addendum to my post above, I'd also be remiss in not pointing out how heady of a thing it probably is for the Disney Mommy blogger brigade to be recognized in any official capacity by the company. As a clueless 14 year old, I thought it was incredible to have employees of a company I, quite frankly, idolized communicating with and encouraging me. And they'd send me free stuff, too?! Amazing.

I'm much more mature and world weary now, but I'd guess that a lot of Lifestylers aren't much more clued in than I was at 14. Or their circumstances in life are such that something like this really is one of the best and most unique things that has ever happened to them.
Given the vapid nature of their posts, this would not surprise me in the least.

Still, if they have maneuvered their way into a position where Disney considers them viable marketing...good for them.

BryceM

I hope it's not a big blockbuster land ala Lord of the Rings. Then the park will become very similar having two Potter/LOTR-type franchises in the same park.

Don't know if that made sense.
I also agree with this. I do like Toon Lagoon, and would prefer it to get expanded/enhanced rather than replaced with a giant LOTR land.

In my dreams, it would be an awesome non-franchise land (such as Port of Entry and Lost Continent). But I just don't see that happening.

Turtle

I also agree with this. I do like Toon Lagoon, and would prefer it to get expanded/enhanced rather than replaced with a giant LOTR land.

In my dreams, it would be an awesome non-franchise land (such as Port of Entry and Lost Continent). But I just don't see that happening.
I think Toon Lagoon needs a dark ride and to get rid of all the cheap water effects everywhere.

My main problem with Islands of Adventures' attractions is this:

If it's too cold to get wet and you do not like big rides then you can't do Jurassic Park, Hulk, Dr Doom, Dudley Do-Right, Popeye, Dragon Challenge. All you're left with is Spiderman, Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff, Storm Force, Cat in the Hat, Seuss Trolley, One Fish Two Fish, and Caro-Seussel. With almost 50% being flat rides.

BryceM

I think Toon Lagoon needs a dark ride and to get rid of all the cheap water effects everywhere.
Well, yes it does need a dark ride. But I feel like the water effects add to purpose of the land... I mean, it is called Toon Lagoon after all and it has two major water rides.

It's still my least favorite "island" in the park. Popeye is brilliant though.

Turtle

Well, yes it does need a dark ride. But I feel like the water effects add to purpose of the land... I mean, it is called Toon Lagoon after all and it has two major water rides.

It's still my least favorite "island" in the park. Popeye is brilliant though.
Well, read my last post as to why I feel like the water-effects need to go

BryceM

If it's too cold to get wet and you do not like big rides then you can't do Jurassic Park, Hulk, Dr Doom, Dudley Do-Right, Popeye, Dragon Challenge. All you're left with is Spiderman, Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff, Storm Force, Cat in the Hat, Seuss Trolley, One Fish Two Fish, and Caro-Seussel. With almost 50% being flat rides.
And even without JP, Hulk, Dragons, Popeye, Dr. Doom, and Dudley, you've still got more ride options than DAK or DHS! (Since you seem so focused on the rides) And if someone goes to DHS and they can't do "big rides" or motion simulators, then that leaves The Great Movie Ride, Toy Story Midway Mania and The Backlot Tour. Whew.

:p

Then at IOA you've got Poseidon's Fury, Pternandon Flyers (if you have a kid), Camp Jurassic, The 8th Voyage of Sindbad, Ollivander's and Jurassic Park Discovery Center. Those are all attractions too, and ones that are worthy of your time (well, maybe not Sindbad, haha).

Anyways.

PhotoDave219

WOW. The entire Disney Blog-o-sphere is reporting all the rumors (Imagination Pavilion, DAK night show, SW, Avatar, Studios new entrance) as if they're straight up fact. I sincerely doubt all of those people that live in New York, Kentucky and god knows where else have the sources to actually verify them.

It bothers me that a rumor pops up on (... well HERE. These rumors show up HERE first.... Mainly because our insiders are generally RIGHT....) and then somehow theyre taken as absolute gospel because some blogger repeats them and it gets out of control.

Just es me off because these people have no idea how to properly vett and source what theyre putting out there. Which misinforms the public who then gets ed at Disney for something that they just heard online.

/EndRantForNow

Turtle

Then at IOA you've got Poseidon's Fury, Pternandon Flyers (if you have a kid), Camp Jurassic, The 8th Voyage of Sindbad, Ollivander's and Jurassic Park Discovery Center. Those are all attractions too, and ones that are worthy of your time (well, maybe not Sindbad, haha). And I would do Jurassic Park River Adventure even when I don't feel like getting wet because the amount of wetness you receive is usually hit or miss. I've walked off completely dry, but the most wet I've gotten is semi-wet hair and a semi-damp shirt. It's nothing like Popeye/Dudley.
Ptereadon Flyers is rare if you're brave enough to wait the long line and only if you have a child.

Poseidon's Fury is a very unimpressive show stuck in the 90s.

Ollivander's has way too long of a line for a low capacity "attraction"

Jurassic Park Discovery Center/Camp Jurassic are worth a visit.

I'm not bashing the park, I'm just giving my criticisms like what I do with DHS/AK/MK/Epcot.

Another problem is this:
Wizarding World of Harry Potter - No Space

Seuss Landing - One ride can fit before the land is even more congested

Jurassic Park - E Ticket and Dark Ride Fits

Marvel Island - Nothing can be added due to Disney contract

Toon Lagoon - Only space is a small dark ride in Toon Lagoon theater

Lost Continent - No Space As It Is

You can cram in four family rides, but only that'd be enough.

tissandtully

Ptereadon Flyers is rare if you're brave enough to wait the long line and only if you have a child.

Poseidon's Fury is a very unimpressive show stuck in the 90s.

Ollivander's has way too long of a line for a low capacity "attraction"

Jurassic Park Discovery Center/Camp Jurassic are worth a look.

I'm not bashing the park, I'm just giving my criticisms like what I do with DHS/AK/MK/Epcot.

Another problem is this:
Wizarding World of Harry Potter - No Space

Seuss Landing - One ride can fit before the land is even more congested

Jurassic Park - E Ticket and Dark Ride Fits

Marvel Island - Nothing can be added due to Disney contract

Toon Lagoon - Only space is a small dark ride in Toon Lagoon theater

Lost Continent - No Space As It Is

You can cram in four family rides, but only that'd be enough.

You take that back about Poseidon's Fury!!

Captain Neo

@WDW1974 is there any reason why Disney posted on their official blog that there will be "teases for new Avatar and Star Wars attractions for our parks" but later decided to retract that by telling /Film "
We’ve been contacted by Disney Imagineering and told the quotes we originally reported, though from an official Disney website, were incorrect. Frank Reifsnyder, Communications & Media Relations Manager for Walt Disney Imagineering said, “There will be teases to Star Wars and to Avatar but nothing about any attractions or experiences based on those properties. Nor are we releasing any new information on those at the D23 Expo.”"

Why are they going back and forth on this?? Are they angry that folks like you keep spilling the beans? If not D23 when would there possibly be a better opportunity to announce these projects??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom