Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

We have every intent of being in Shanghai for opening day. Assuming we don't unexpectedly have kids or something else gets in the way.

Who knows if there will ever be another opening day in our lifetimes. Might as well see one. And I'd love to go to Shanghai.

I was saving my money to help send my granddaughter to college but if I get the chance to participate in a meet & Greet & grope with @WDW1974 @Lee @WDWFigment I am in.......Pop Pops baby can go to community college,

WDW1974

Original Poster
I agree, maybe if morning news shows actually covered... um... the news then those parents would be concerned. But GMA and the Today show have dumb blondie reading the "heat index", missing rich white girl, Paula Deen crying etc. For a lot of folks, the morning news is the only news they get in the day and yet no one seems to care how vapid it has become.

I don't think morning news shows, which have always been fluff mixed with weather mixed with celebs mixed with headlines, are the problem.

When this story is getting huge play worldwide, but not here, it does make you wonder. When government officials use new terms (like how they attempted to switch what Snowden did from a leak to a spill because of the negative connotation) and suddenly talking heads are using them, what is their purpose?

The media's job in a democracy is to prevent situations like this and expose them. It doesn't matter what you think of Edward Snowden. All that matters is what he 'leaked' is the truth and shows that the past and current administrations have used 9/11 and fear to take all of our most important, most basic rights away and create a surveillance state with a shadow government.

Where the eff is the media? Why is CNN talking about Snowden's mental health and FOX is asking how we'll get him? This is the type of story that should be constantly discussed and debated. Networks should be preempting primetime and doing 'Liberty in Crisis' type programming. But we're not getting that and anyone with any knowledge of history or political corruption when given absolute power should have folks making sure their passports are up to date. I'm really not sure people realize what has been taken from us and how grave a matter it is.

But, hey, did you hear about Disney's new answer to soda thievery?

WDW1974

Original Poster
We have every intent of being in Shanghai for opening day. Assuming we don't unexpectedly have kids or something else gets in the way.

Who knows if there will ever be another opening day in our lifetimes. Might as well see one. And I'd love to go to Shanghai.

First, you kids do know how to make sure there aren't any unwanted babies, right? I,d hate for you to have to listen to @Lee's hillbilly guide to contraception. It involves beavers (no, that isn't any kind of joke!) ...and you do NOT want to hear this.

Second, that's great you'll be there. We'll have to have MAGICal tees made up or something ...lanyards ...yep, lifestylers love their lanyards.

Third, I do think this will be the last castle park for a very long time. But if things keep up the way they have been, Anaheim will get its third and Hong Kong its second in the next dozen years. Paris will get another too, but that's likely a long time away.

I don't see Disney looking to jump anywhere else, let alone with a castle park.

Cardinals314

But, hey, did you hear about Disney's new answer to soda thievery?

That has been getting some negative buzz. Soda is so cheap for Disney and for some reason Disney thinks they are losing valuable revenue by people filling up their mugs without paying. When I was at Disney in March, I bought a case of drinks at walmart for 6 or 7 bucks that lasted longer than my trip length and heck of a lot cheaper than the resort mugs.

the.dreamfinder

Malificient is the only one I know of. Is that going to be expensive and what are the other movies?

2014 Live Action Slate (In no particular order, including Marvel)
Maleficent
Cap 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Million Dollar Arm
Alexander and the No Good Very Bad Day
Tomorrowland
Into The Woods
Muppets Most Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom