Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If you truly want quality McD's, then travel. I have only had one bad experience at an overerseas McD's and it was, naturally, at DLP. I have had GREAT experiences across Asia and Europe. Hot, fresh and tasty food in spotless units.

Generally, in the USA, they don't give a damn from national management on down and it shows. Good experiences tend to come in small towns where the people all eat there like in Vermon.t or Mississippi

Small towns always have the best chain/fast food. The reason being...there...the workers still take pride for working there.

In larger cities, it's seen as a crappy job, and as a result, you get crappy results, generally.

Clever Name

No, but I can call him out on his bs and if he insists on continuing, report him to the powers that be. I have no problem, as you well know, with debating and discussing and arguing. But the starting point can't be you and everyone who says what you say are lying liars who lie.
You have a way with words! It's such a pleasure to read your writing. Have you thought about doing rap or hip-hop? I think you have talent for such an endeavor.

the.dreamfinder

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/06/construction-begins-on-shanghai-disneyland-castle/
Several months ago, we shared a first look at a model of Shanghai Disneyland Park that included Enchanted Storybook Castle, the iconic central attraction of the entire theme park. Today, we’re thrilled to announce that construction work on the castle is now underway.
sdl234984LARGE.jpg

In the photo, you’ll notice the first concrete piles that will support Enchanted Storybook Castle being installed at the site. When work is completed, it’ll be the world’s tallest and most interactive Disney castle.

tumblr_mp3u1ofZDD1r6xvfko1_500.gif

lazyboy97o

Isn't that the one off Moreland Ave?

Works for me. Burgers were tasty and juicy, price was reasonable. Perhaps that's just because the store near me is new?
Yes, the Starlight is on Moreland Ave.

When I tried Bobby's Burgers the store was new at the time. I'd consider giving it another shot if it wasn't so close to other places I do like.

HMF

Completely normal. Harry potter films are exclusive to ABC Family as well complete with ads for Universal Orlando Resort. Pirates of the Caribbean films are exclusive to NBCUniversal owned USA. This isn't just in relation to movies, but also shows. One studio will often make a show that airs on another's network.
This is why I feel that there should be a legal limit on how many Networks can be owned by one company because it would eliminate the need for these type of legal/branding headaches.

misterID

Hmmm..... Count me on the other side of this battlefield which sees the paradigm shifting in favor of a la carte content distribution rather quickly, and frighteningly, if your business model depends on double dipping for revenue (movie theater + Blu-ray/online stream/TV broadcast).

One issue that makes this shift complex is the generation gap. For baby boomers and 35+ adults, the path of least resistance to content will be the old fashioned way: broadcast television, blu ray, and the movie theatre. For younger audiences the path of least resistance to content is Netflix and Hulu. End of story. Game over. I don't even want my cable TV subscription for live sports. Weather.com and guardian.co.uk cover most of my news needs. Whenever something major is going down all the major TV news sites offer live streams. I'm OK with cutting the cord with respect to cable TV, as is most anyone who grew up with the internet.

I think both forms of distribution will exist side by side for a little while but ultimately traditional television is going to fade away in favor of direct internet streaming. I feel confident that by 2023 there will only be two major broadcast networks, probably a handful of cable channels, and then 400 different takes on live sports as that is television's outpost of last resort.

How the movie theater has survived this long is actually somewhat astounding. Especially in this era of everyone walling themselves behind social media and technology. The communal act of viewing movies in a theatre seems downright contradictory to many trends in society.

People love their tech, but they love their tvs and they love the "event" of going to the theater (the fact they're still surviving shouldn't be a surprise, we're social creatures) and no tech is going to change that. Same reason people go to theme parks and pay outrageous prices and will continue to do so.

TV is making more money than ever. Streaming will have an impact, but its limitations in regards to the things people love with their tvs, soundsystems, HD quality, 3D, isn't going to make anything extinct. Netflix and Hulu still have drawbacks. I canceled both. And really, Netflix would not, could not survive without broadcast TV. None of the streaming companies could, like they couldn't survive without the film industry, the dudes who own the content and make the rules (ask Netflix what happens when they decide to flex their muscle) These streaming companies are really living off their crumbs. Literally.

People have been saying the death of the movie theater was around the corner since the advent of TV. Then independent film was going to topple the movie industry in the 90's. Internet was going to kill broadcast TV in the last decade. The big thing now is that mobile games are sending video games into a death spiral, which is funny when you see the industry profits growing every year, instead of focusing on bloated game companies losing money (EA anyone?) Still waiting...

lazyboy97o

This is why I feel that there should be a legal limit on how many Networks can be owned by one company because it would eliminate the need for these type of legal/branding headaches.

I fail to see how the two are related. Why would it be better if Despicable Me was only allowed to air on NBCUniversal owned channels?

RSoxNo1

The biggest problem with 'new' Fantasyland is that its biggest draw -- and the location most prominent in all advertising materials -- is a cafeteria.. One that many guests assume is a ride/show/attraction.

I'll even argue the looks great part. It looks nice in places. ...but the area lacks substance.
In Disney's eyes is this really a problem? Isn't this a larger scale version of the Ollivander's problem? From a guest satisfaction point this is a problem, but from a "paying for the expansion" point of view, I'd say this is a win.

71jason

Spirited Sunday Musings: ... To those fanbois who love vinyl, what company but Disney could charge you $12.95-$16.95 for a tiny piece of vinyl without showing you what design you are getting and refuses to take it back. Mickey has one elephant sized set of balls. ...

So I noticed today Universal has quietly gotten into the Vinylmation game. Can't call them that, of course, but same size/aesthetic as the Park Starz figures, displayed in an identical case, sold in virtually identical boxes--except you can see which one you're buying. Chilly Willy, Woody, a Minion, a couple generic designs.

Also, 25-minute line at Krusty Burger, seating virtually full this afternoon, but dead when we swung back by Moes around 7:30. Lot of people buying $8 smoking orange sodas, with and without kids. Transformers peaked at at least 90 minutes--seemed longer, entire outdoor queue was full--and even Mummy hovered at 45. Chatting up guests at Finns, nothing but raves for Transformers. Saw a ton of Bumblebee head cups as well.

Genie of the Lamp

If you truly want quality McD's, then travel. I have only had one bad experience at an overerseas McD's and it was, naturally, at DLP. I have had GREAT experiences across Asia and Europe. Hot, fresh and tasty food in spotless units.

Generally, in the USA, they don't give a damn from national management on down and it shows. Good experiences tend to come in small towns where the people all eat there like in Vermon.t or Mississippi

Exactly. Just got back from 2 weeks vacationing in Italy yesterday and I was shocked when I walked by a MCD's near the Spanish Steps and it had a pasta salad dish on the menu to go along with many other high quality offerings (like panini's, brioches and torts, etc.). Not only was it the offerings that caught me off guard, the appearence/look of the restaurant interior wipes the floor of any MCD's I've dined at here in the U.S. Like you said, clean and also very ritzy with mosaics, marble everywhere (kinda felt like it was an unofficial tourist spot or something). I dined there for lunch one of the days I was in Rome and ate the best pasta salad I've ever had. Also saw the Disney Magic the day I went to La Spezia/Cinque Terre. Speaking of the cruise line, have any insight on what DIS plans to do with the Wonder when it gots down for its approximate 5 week drydock starting the week of October 12th (reported by DCL Blog editor Scott Sanders). Any enhancements coming to the ship similar to what the Magic got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom