Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funmeister

Plenty of people notice the shop and plenty browse it. Some even buy things, just not Kin Shriner's General Hospital aqua blazer that has been there for a decade.

It is the first place or last place you see for most guests. Closing it for an infrastructure facility is following the model of turning Sun Bank into the Art of Disney into package pickup at MK.

Same type of ignorant decision-making.

I was going to say how do you expect sales when it became more like a museum than a merch shop? I know if they would have had some or more Avengers/Marvel props and such it would have had more popularity.

EPCOTCenterLover

I really like Sid's and will hate to see it go. Things like the removal of unique merchandise and the number of DVC kiosks contribute to making WDW theme parks feel less special. Lack of new, stunning, attractions is bad enough.

Goofyernmost

Maybe I liked them because they reminded me of the street sweepers on MSUSA that always used to cheer up kids when they were having a bad day. Definitely some magical moments there.
That's what everyone gets for banning smoking in the parks.:eek: The "sweepers" were there to be sure that as soon as a cigarette hit the ground, it was swept up. They were everywhere, but, hidden until needed. You wouldn't see anyone but as soon as a smoke hit the pavement they came out of no place to clean it up. Ah, the good old days! :p

FrankLapidus

OK, I got some MM+ info tonight and while I won't post it yet (much of it is simply things rumored or thought) one thing just es me off to no end. That is that Sid's One of a Kind shop is being closed to be replaced by the central MM+ kiosks.

I don't know what is a more fitting example of what was WDW versus what is and will be WDW.

Seems like it was inevitable but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. The WDW of today knows the price of everything and the value of nothing...it's a shame but not at all surprising, just the latest in what is becoming quite a long list of disappointments.

Cosmic Commando

It gets cold in the winter. Never the biting, zero degrees, wind whipping around and bunches of ice like up North. But it does, at times, get cold in the winter, especially overnight. I was in the AK one day last winter (maybe January?) and lots of people were walking around with blankets wrapped around themselves.

Earlier in the thread some asked something like, "Does it ever get cold in the AK?" Yes. It gets cold. :)
Since I have been in the park when they have heaters on the paths trying to keep the foliage warm and alive, I'll say that it does indeed get cold at DAK.

Computer Magic

Side note. The Verizon data network is badly overloaded right now (5:15pm).

Wifi doesn't seem much better.

@wdwmagic Steve, you've got links Into the telecom, what are they going to do about it? How am I supposed to use my phone to access MDE to get to my plans/FP+? They have a key infrastructure issue here that needs resolution.
Yep I saw that coming back in Feb and the load wasn't nearly as critical as today.

NoChesterHester

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Even though they're horribly inefficient I sort of hope Uni builds a monorail between these properties, if only to see the gigantic collective catastrophic meltdown on these boards

Well, last year when I stayed at Royal Pacific, they had the Water Taxi (which rarely ran due to weather, and was problematic), the hotel shuttle bus (which we never took, but they did offer due to weather...though, only through a sign after you walked all the way down to the Water Taxi to find out it was out of service), the walkway (which we did most days) and Rickshaws (which were a ton of fun!) along the walkway which were tip only.

We used the Rikshaws and walked a lot. Tons of fun (well, not the walking for the kid so much...she was at the inbetween age where she remembers being carried, and wants to be, but is a bit to large to do it for long, even if I can shoulder her weight). But, the Rikshaws, at $5 a trip(the rate I decided upon), tons of fun, unique, and worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom