Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracyandalex

Before my kids started high school, we used to go the week before and the week after Labour Day. In Ontario, the school year starts the day after Labour Day, so they would miss the first Tues-Friday. Our school board's policy is that you can't be marked absent until you actually show up, so those four days never counted.
Being boys, however, it always took them until Hallowe'en to catch on the missed work from those four days.

That's awesome, I love that idea. Up north (NJ) schools don't start until after labor day, but down here in FL they start the last week of August. We actually discussed home schooling for like 2 mins until we realized neither one of us is actually home all day :cool: We'll make it work. We've become accustomed to the "off" season so we will either have to do shorter trips or attempt to adjust to other times :eek:

RSoxNo1

I bought a new grill. Look into Traeger, they pioneered the wood pellet fired grills/smokers and they turn out a brisket or ribs like nothing else. Low maintenance and safe to use on any combustible surface. Gone are the days of tending to the smoker for ten hours.
I think I need to clean my grill. I maxed out the thermometer at over 700 degrees yesterday as all the charred remains of lost food were on fire. On the plus side I was able to smoke some ribs.

tracyandalex

Saw MU, the whole family really liked it.

I liked Titanic the first time is saw it, now I just find it comical. I do still watch it when it's on tv though if I'm not watching anything else.

PhotoDave219

Hearing about Ops setting some places up to fail just makes me sad. Do you think these folks have no love for the parks and the quality, or maybe a misguided love that justifies these actions in their minds?

The wait times are easily inflated by holding a flick card in your hand for an extra few minutes.

Its Juking the stats.

DougK

OK, I got some MM+ info tonight and while I won't post it yet (much of it is simply things rumored or thought) one thing just es me off to no end. That is that Sid's One of a Kind shop is being closed to be replaced by the central MM+ kiosks.

I don't know what is a more fitting example of what was WDW versus what is and will be WDW.

Are you kidding me? Why get rid of one of the most unique shops in the whole place? And for what? MM+! This should be illegal.

luv

Titanic. Ugh. They had honestly dramatic events to work with there and chose to ignore the real stories in favor of young love, nudity and gun chases.

I hope someone makes another Titanic movie, with more of the real stories.

Nemo14

Titanic. Ugh. They had honestly dramatic events to work with there and chose to ignore the real stories in favor of young love, nudity and gun chases.

I agree. My husband's grandmother was a Titanic survivor and some of the things she wrote about that happened that night and later on the Carpathia were far more dramtic than the love story line that Cameron went with.

luv

And whats wrong with young love and nudity?
Grrr. We are about to have a gun chase around here. ;)

I agree. My husband's grandmother was a Titanic survivor and some of the things she wrote about that happened that night and later on the Carpathia were far more dramtic than the love story line that Cameron went with.
You are very lucky to have read those. Must have been fascinating, especially for those who knew her...but even for those who didn't.

I really hope that someone makes a better movie one day.

Goofyernmost

Titanic. Ugh. They had honestly dramatic events to work with there and chose to ignore the real stories in favor of young love, nudity.

So are we to assume that previous to the Titanic hitting the iceberg, there wasn't the slightest possibility of young love and nudity happening? I think it is more likely then not that that kind of stuff did happen. At least I hope so, otherwise what else are cruises for?:D

misterID

It has had reduced hours for months, no longer open when the park first opens or near closing. Then the lack of a day parade sure didnt help the foot traffic during the day.

Sales now down.

Closing justified.

But no one will believe that ops sabotages certain locations/attractions in order to justify their closure...

Had a friend tell me about two imagineers speaking at USC bragging how they targeted Horizons to replace it with "their idea", openly mocked it, said that the "choose your own ending" was a case in bad story-telling and they lobbied, skewed facts, and happily got it closed down and the plot opened for expansion. That's how I learned that "seasonal" meant "ride it while you still can!"

I could go on about how this sucks, but I understand Horizons lost its sponsor, EPCOT needed a thrill ride, blah, blah, blah. But M:SPACE proves to me, and the imagineers mentioned above, that WDI didn' get EPCOT, still doesn't, and showed a complete lack of respect for EPCOT, its heritage, its fans (but they respect DL fans and heritage) and a lack of creativity to take Horizons to the next level, which could have been incredible (imagine 3D with those IMAX screens). With all the cool ideas they had for a space pavilion, they chose a glorified spinner? Sorry, a centrifuge is literally a spinner! :mad:

You wanted a thrill ride for EPCOT? Make one without ripping out FW's heart.

TalkingHead

Don't get me stared on Malick. The weight of the pretension is enough to bury even the best actor.
I sat through The Thin Red Line....barely. I knew better than to subject myself to Tree of Life.

Stix Nix Malick's Pix.

(For the record, I love 'em.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom