Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Adventurer
I love Lost in Translation! It's a great movie and i can't believe its your most hated!!! Yes there isn't a whole lot going on in the film, however its not that kind of movie. LIT is a character study movie and I understand those aren't for everybody, but I can definitely come up with worse movies!

The Happening
Knight and Day
The new Chipmunk movies

And so many more bad ones...Don't hate on LIT!
Personally, I'd watch The Happening twice before subjecting myself to Lost in Translation again. Hated that movie.

But, to each his own....

The Happening was actually a pretty good script (under the working title of The Green Effect), up until the end when the reveal happened. Went way off the rails then.)

RSoxNo1

I've actually been impressed with a decent amount of the Dreamworks movies. How to Train Your Dragon was wonderful. The Kung-Fu Panda movies had much more "depth" than I expected, especially the second one. And the Madagascar series is pure fun. I hope Universal eventually incorporates something in their parks. with the crazy colorful circus sequences in the third movie. Though surprisingly, the Shrek franchise just never did it for me.

But anyways... Yeah, I don't exactly see Dreamworks getting the same leniency as Pixar films do nor the pre-release buzz of "this film is going to be good. It has to be. It's Pixar!" And often times it is, but not always.
I'm with you on How to Train Your Dragon but I thought Kung-Fu Panda was downright awful. I didn't bother seeing the 2nd one.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I was at DAK today and it was pretty crowded. Very hot as well.

But really, when is a Walt Disney World park not crowded?

Yes, but feeling crowded and being crowded can be too wildly different things. WDW is clogged with ECVs and double wide strollers and, yes, larger people and you have FP that throws people out of queues. It can contribute to people feeling crowded when the park really is not that busy.

I'd love a gate count from today ...any CMs? C'mon, you can trust me. I'm not an old geezer at the park with a lollipop.

PhotoDave219

Yes, but feeling crowded and being crowded can be too wildly different things. WDW is clogged with ECVs and double wide strollers and, yes, larger people and you have FP that throws people out of queues. It can contribute to people feeling crowded when the park really is not that busy.

I'd love a gate count from today ...any CMs? C'mon, you can trust me. I'm not an old geezer at the park with a lollipop.

Estimates were in the 50s. My people dont get the actuals.

And yes, thats a good reason why MK especially feels crowded. The double wide strollers and the ECVs take up a lot of room.

PhotoDave219

Ah, another quarter of a million views ...4000 posts ... 200 pages. And I couldn't' have done it without each and every one of you, yes ... Even my 'pals' in Celebration Place and in the Disney Lifestyles circles (who may hate me, but always, always read me).

If I weren't so comfortable here, I'd grab a glass of that cheap (but not TOO cheap) merlot and raise a glass to y'all.

Well I'd like to take credit for at least 10% for "what kinda stuff did Dave post NOW?!?!?!?"

WDW1974

Original Poster
Sort of watched Under the Dome tonight.
Not my cup of tea, but it looks like DH will probably be watching.
Anyone else?

Watched it. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Some folks I know from Lost are behind it ...was originally headed for Showtime, but they passed and CBS picked it up. I hope it is successful so networks will offer original programming tat isn't reality crap like Celebrity Wife Swap.

RSoxNo1

I have deified him, lol. He is the planning god. I'm a huge fan of the UG and the TP site.

I listen to the WDW Today podcast sometimes...and I appreciate Len's little pop culture references, especially from the 80s, so I am a fan. Always am very excited when he posts on the boards. I'd rather meet Marty Sklar, but Len would be second on the list. :D
Touring Plans has accomplished more with their optimized touringplans than Disney has with the $1 billion+ Next Gen. They were also quick to swoop in and take onf of Orlando Informer's best writers.

PhotoDave219

I don't know about that, but I do know if MK is closing at 11 now that you'll see 10 p.m closings within a month and 9 p.m. Closings soon in August.

I just don't see WDW being very busy this summer. And it certainly wasn't when I was there in May.

Thats interesting.

So why arent people coming to WDW?

Lee

Adventurer
Watched it. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Some folks I know from Lost are behind it ...was originally headed for Showtime, but they passed and CBS picked it up. I hope it is successful so networks will offer original programming tat isn't reality crap like Celebrity Wife Swap.
Yeah, I liked it, too.
WAY different from the book, though. Probably a good thing...especially if they change the ending.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom