Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Empress Lilly

I'd like @Tim_4 and @WDW1074 to be gentlemen and shake hands and
move along--as they both seem to have good things to contribute here.

Can we all move ahead instead of getting mired in the muck of who
pwned who?

Maybe those two can work it out in PM's, and we can actually talk about
some attractions for once!

Just a thought.
Nah, that would be boring! This is not the permits and patents and boring tech thread. This is the naked mud wrestling thread!

Me, I'm here to provide cold facts for the wrestlers to smite each other with! And dollar bills, which I wave to egg them on.

PeterAlt

Perhaps.
But for many of us, the option of something (anything!) was better than nothing.
I've never seen Avatar, probably never will, but I don't have to know the IP to necessarily enjoy an attraction.
Jennifer, Jennifer. There are times you disappoint me. And why did you have to fry poor Greedo like that?

Okay, you had nothing to do with Greedo's death, but from one Star Wars can to another, I'm shocked you haven't seen Avatar! Cameron is the new George Lucas, creatively.

The Empress Lilly

Since you called me out by name, just thought I'd pop in to gloat about Avatar. Crazy Tim was right all along. No worries, I'll disappear again so the propaganda machine can continue uninterrupted.
You'll disappear again...along with all the posts agreeing you called it right, while the posts taunting you how wrong and sad you are are left untouched.

What's that about, mods?

misterID

I've never been opposed to AVland, and I hope AK gets something. Two rides is a nice start. I'm still not convinced artwork, that took years to release, means this is what we'll get.

I'll stare at the boat ride art and hope it's not cut.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Jennifer, Jennifer. There are times you disappoint me. And why did you have to fry poor Greedo like that?

Okay, you had nothing to do with Greedo's death, but from one Star Wars can to another, I'm shocked you haven't seen Avatar! Cameron is the new George Lucas, creatively.
My relationship with Cameron stops and starts with Titanic, which I have seen at least 100 times (18 at the theatre!) and which I am watching right now on A&E while my Canadian Thanksgiving turkey roasts.

I can relate a little more to Jack and Rose over giant blue cat-like people.

The Empress Lilly

Maybe with how he's conducted himself in the past?
I've learned that on this forum that usually means that somebody holds a dissenting opinion while a horde of schoolyard bullies yells insults at him over it from the safety of the crowd.

Either way, none of that means that Tim is wrong about Avatar moving forward despite him being right about that. I don't care about putting posters on trail, I'll judge their arguments. Nor do I care about previous drama with other posters.

The Empress Lilly

I'm not fond of Cameron's post-80s stuff, but there's no reason to be so mean as to compare him to the father of JarJar, lol.
I don't get this criticism of George Lucas.

Yes, JarJar sucks, and Han shot first. But Lucas is also the man who created Star Wars. Lucas is not the worst thing to happen to the Star Wars-verse, he is the very god of it. I adore the man's creative legacy!

Last edited:

flyerjab

I've learned that on this forum that usually means that somebody holds a dissenting opinion while a horde of schoolyard bullies yells insults at him over it from the safety of the crowd.

Either way, none of that means that Tim is wrong about Avatar moving forward despite him being right about that. I don't care about putting posters on trail, I'll judge their arguments. Nor do I care about previous drama with other posters.

Love the post. And I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the horde to this thread ever since it started. I have my popcorn all ready.

misterID

No, I was actually supporting him when he first started his thread because I was in the minority who like the idea of Avatar at AK. That lasted ten minutes until he started going into other threads letting off his rude, nasty little attacks on other posters for no reason, while holding his Avatar "source" over people's heads. It's stupid. No sense in acting that way. For his sake, I hope he's like 12.

Tim stuck to his guns on information that was already out there. Good for him. Gloat. And do it in his thread and congradulate him for his "arguments."

PeterAlt

My relationship with Cameron stops and starts with Titanic, which I have seen at least 100 times (18 at the theatre!) and which I am watching right now on A&E while my Canadian Thanksgiving turkey roasts.

Your point makes perfect sense - from the point of view of someone who hasn't seen it.

Just me. It's a must see. But be sure you see it in 3D.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

You never saw Alien?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Cameron is the new George Lucas, creatively.

Cameron is great. My vote for creativity goes to JJ Abrams though. Overall, Cameron is more accomplished but Abrams can really keep you on the edge of your seat. Taking on Star Trek was an extremely tough challenge and IMO he pulled it off great and opened the door to so many possibilities for future movies. Fringe and Lost are in a league of their own as far as tv shows go. (if your into those kinda shows).

PeterAlt

I'm not fond of Cameron's post-80s stuff, but there's no reason to be so mean as to compare him to the father of JarJar, lol.
George Lucas is one of the greatest film makers ever.

He caught a disease that Steve Jobs warned other people about. When you become filthy rich, some people change. You don't need to struggle any more and your liberal ways of thinking turn conservative. That's what happened to Lucas. He's still the same person, but he would rather eat an omelet than do a screenplay rewrite.

Cameron, on the other hand, never stopped struggling. He goes to battle big time on the front line of war for each project he gets involved with.

OldBill71

You'd have to think that the already massive budget for the next Avatar movie just got even bigger. Cameron would have to be crazy to not ask Disney for some $$$ after they made this huge commitment to basically transform an entire park around this franchise. Disney won't want to build all of these attractions based upon another "meh" Avatar movie.

Perhaps, with a little Disney influence, Avatar 2 will not only be visually impressive, but a quality film as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom