Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevehousse

I posted this late last night but i will repost because it is that important! everyone needs to go out and seek the new documentary "Terms and Conditions May Apply"

It will blow your mind and pretty much put an end to the whole privacy debate that has been a huge rant here lately of everyone going back and forth arguing that they still actually have a right to said privacy...

I cannot stress enough how everyone needs to see this! It's scary what our world is turning into and Disney is now jumping on that bandwagon as well...

And for anyone that is worried about being "tracked" inside Disney World, I think after watching te documentary you will see that there are much bigger things to worry about...

71jason

This reminds me of the summer I worked at TGI Fridays as a waiter. They had this policy of giving out gift cards for either free apps or free entrees to anyone who complained. If you asked to speak to the manager to complain about slow service or cold food or a long wait you got a coupon for a free app at minimum. If you complained enough they would give you both a free app and a free entree for your next visit and if you still complained more they would comp your current meal. It got to the point where there were several "known" families who would eat there regularly (several times a month) who always complained and got free stuff. They knew the policy and exploited it. When I asked the manager why we didn't just turn them away at the door or refuse to give them anything he just told me it was corporate policy and that corporate felt that their bad word of mouth to others would cost more than a free meal or 2. That's great for corporate, but when they got their free meals they only left tips on what they paid for which was never much. Despicable human beings.

I applaud Disney for trying to have good customer service and since a Disney vacation is excessively expensive if things go wrong they should absolutely try to make people whole for any issues that are preventable and even some things that are not. Its unfortunate that some people feel the need to exploit that good will to their own benefit, but the system can't be set to account for those outliers or good customer service for everyone else would suffer.

Disney and Universal both have a system that tracks how many "comps" you receive. Heard from a friend in HR the file can run to multiple pages. However, people known to be "working" the system get a less and less friendly response.

71jason

And I just want to make it clear that I am NOT saying the NGE program is costing $3 billion yet. I have no idea where that number hails from. All I know for certain is original number was $1 billion. BoD approved $1.2 billion ...number has gone significantly over that. That is it. Because I am royally tired of folks attributing things to me that I never said or claimed

What I will claim is this is being run very different than any other CAPEX project in WDW history in that, it appears, to have no cap on spending or cost. You read into that whatever you like.

My bad. But still, a pretty huge number compared to, say, the cost of FLE or Diagon Alley.

Funmeister

Disney and Universal both have a system that tracks how many "comps" you receive. Heard from a friend in HR the file can run to multiple pages. However, people known to be "working" the system get a less and less friendly response.

There is a reason a valid photo id is required (should be anyway...they have gotten more strict) when comps are issued no matter what the reason.

HMF

. NEVER HIRE FANS TO RUN YOUR BUSINESS!
Depends on what you mean by "fans". If you are talking about people who love the product, know how things work and why, and believe in high quality standards then Fans should be running the business. If you are talking about the Lou Mongello/Defender's of Mediocrity/ Brand advocates then yes that kind of fan should not be running the business.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not true at all. My inquiry is genuine and absent prejudice. If he would rather not provide any detailed response, no worries.
Sorry, but I'm not sure I believe that, considering the questions asked....
It really shouldn't be sufficient because the question wasn't asked of you. It was asked of 74. Not even sure why you answered to be honest.
And one could say the same of this response. Guess you just needed to get your two cents' worth in?

Funmeister

Depends on what you mean by "fans". If you are talking about people who love the product, know how things work and why, and believe in high quality standards then Fans should be running the business. If you are talking about the Lou Mongello/Defender's of Mediocrity/ Brand advocates then yes that kind of fan should not be running the business.

Well, you are correct there is a difference. I guess the easiest way to explain or define what I meant as a "fan" is someone that allows or is blinded by the product preventing the employee or fan from doing their job. People who are "ate up" with Disney really have no business representing the company. That is unless they are a permanent "Super Greeter" (do we even have those anymore?) or working in the limited work trailer licking envelopes.

Sorry, but I'm not sure I believe that, considering the questions asked....

And one could say the same of this response. Guess you just needed to get your two cents' worth in?

Strange response from you, to say the least. However, as the other poster correctly stated, my inquiry wasn't directed to you.

Nubs70

Well, you are correct there is a difference. I guess the easiest way to explain or define what I meant as a "fan" is someone that allows or is blinded by the product preventing the employee or fan from doing their job. People who are "ate up" with Disney really have no business representing the company. That is unless they are a permanent "Super Greeter" (do we even have those anymore?) or working in the limited work trailer licking envelopes.
Would/COULD this be summed up as "An unprofessional attraction" to Disney? Something along the HR cliche known as "passion." Like Glen Close in Fatal Attraction, when she threw the bunny in the stew pot. That is what comes to my mind when I hear someone claims to have a passion for something.

Funmeister

Would/COULD this be summed up as "An unprofessional attraction" to Disney? Something along the HR cliche known as "passion." Like Glen Close in Fatal Attraction, when she threw the bunny in the stew pot. That is what comes to my mind when I hear someone claims to have a passion for something.

Yes and no. To me I use "passion" in a positive sense. This is more of an "obsession" in a negative sense.

RSoxNo1

From the Sentinel comments:
hanginginotown at 8:46 AM August 18, 2013
You can still go to the park at the spur of the moment and have just as much fun as you do now. Additionally, you'll be able to book FastPass times on the ride over, make dining reservations from the monorail and see the exact wait time for any of your favorite rides.
Imagine being at Magic Kingdom, logging into your MM+ account, make FastPass reservations for "Soarin'" and walking right in when you make it to Epcot!
As an annual passholder, you'll have the same privlidges as other guest, with the exception of having your credit card associated with the band.
You'll still get accurate ride times, FastPasses, attraction suggestions and be able to meet your favorite character.

Yeah...that's not a planted response...:rolleyes:
That's almost taking what I said and trying to spin it into a positive. They are blowing so much smoke up the a$$e$ of the consumer it's laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom