Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM

Because it is the only way some folks are going to get attention. But I think at some point posters need to gently be told that if all you can come back with is accusing someone of lying and and making things up for attention with no evidence to prove that contention when the individual(s) being shot at have a long history of providing accurate information that it might be in the interest of the forum that they either moved on to other threads or from the site entirely.
My only response is this:

1. I don't care about attention from a board about Disney. You seem to, and that's fine.

2. I'm not saying you're a liar. You make a claim about how Disney and the CIA (or whatever agency you said) working together. That would be like Taylor Swift and Dee Snyder working together...pretty unlikely. But that's a pretty serious claim to make without any evidence. I'm asking you to provide that evidence.

If you do, I'll admit I'm wrong.

Ask @ParentsOf4 , he brought something to me via PM with some support behind it, and I publicly and privately admitted I was wrong.

You can do the same if you'd like.

Funmeister

I think the Disney managers know what would be good for Disney World, but they don't care. They're making their money now. Down the road, when the parks are gasping for breath...that will be someone else's problem.

They aren't Walt. They don't own it. They don't care about it or take any pride in it.

Even at the top, it's just their job.

I partially agree with that...unfortunatly I cannot agree 100% because I have seen way too many of my friends and co-workers "laid off" >cough< terminated >cough< and replaced with mindless College Program-extended-internship-Countdown-to-zero-management-on-the-job-training Cast Members who honestly just do not get it.

One important rule in any business. NEVER HIRE FANS TO RUN YOUR BUSINESS!

Funmeister

My only response is this:

1. I don't care about attention from a board about Disney. You seem to, and that's fine.

2. I'm not saying you're a liar. You make a claim about how Disney and the CIA (or whatever agency you said) working together. That would be like Taylor Swift and Dee Snyder working together...pretty unlikely. But that's a pretty serious claim to make without any evidence. I'm asking you to provide that evidence.

If you do, I'll admit I'm wrong.

Ask @ParentsOf4 , he brought something to me via PM with some support behind it, and I publicly and privately admitted I was wrong.

You can do the same if you'd like.

God we can only HOPE that is your "only response!" LOL

MattM

God we can only HOPE that is your "only response!" LOL
That is an angry looking avatar from a guy (assuming you're a guy) posting under funmeister.

But thanks for responding, I got the alert, which lets me know you're doing okay. :)

Otherwise I'd just scroll right past it.

Lee

Adventurer
Quick off-topic comment.

Been binging Breaking Bad this weekend (finished all of season one and most of season two), but I can't help but wonder if one of the big reveals will be that Hank is part of one of the big drug cartels.
About time. Fasten your seatbelt. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.
And no spoilers will be tolerated!
image.jpg

lazyboy97o

I wouldn't go that far...
They should hire people that understand, respect and care about the business, both it's past, present and future.

But fanatics? No.
Why not? I would think by now the Tony Baxters and Joss Whedons of the world have proven that understanding and loving a production is a great way to success.

luv

The guys who do the funny "Honest Trailers" for movies (check out the Avatar one, lol) did one for Breaking Bad. It has spoilers and shouldn't be viewed by people trying to catch up.

I can't figure out how to post just the link without the box.

Nubs70

Why not? I would think by now the Tony Baxters and Joss Whedons of the world have proven that understanding and loving a production is a great way to success.
Lee is correct. I liken Lee's take to employees at locations that serve celebrities. You want employees that are there to serve but not to froth and foam over the clientele.

WildcatDen

Nonsense, IMHO.
I much prefer Mythos for food and cost.
Using that logic, there are quite a few "cheaper" options that kick the tails of higher priced locations. If your absolute favorite meal at a theme park in Florida is the Fish and Chips from our British friends in Epcot, then it would be preferred to anything else. Does that make that location better than any other? To you, it just may well. For the record, the Fish and Chips are something I look forward to each visit.

Sorry for jumping you like that Bryce. Long day and it was not the time or place to be a pr!ck. I will try the Pad Thai at Mythos next time we are at UNI. The kids can eat somewhere else since that is how I do the Fish and Chips as well. :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Using that logic, there are quite a few "cheaper" options that kick the tails of higher priced locations. If your absolute favorite meal at a theme park in Florida is the Fish and Chips from our British friends in Epcot, then it would be preferred to anything else. Does that make that location better than any other? To you, it just may well. For the record, the Fish and Chips are something I look forward to each visit.

Sorry for jumping you like that Bryce. Long day and it was not the time or place to be a pr!ck. I will try the Pad Thai at Mythos next time we are at UNI. The kids can eat somewhere else since that is how I do the Fish and Chips as well. :)
See people, this is how to play nice.

WildcatDen

Compare that to the Brown Derby's Chicken Breast ($30), Pork Chop ($33), Bison ($38), or Filet ($42). :eek:
We were on the dining plan when and did the Fantasmic package. Had the filet, wife had the pork chop and the kids did the chicken. With the AWESOME desserts we had, it was well worth it. Like I said, best steak I had that trip including LeCellier and the sit down at Caribbean Beach.

tirian

I partially agree with that...unfortunatly I cannot agree 100% because I have seen way too many of my friends and co-workers "laid off" >cough< terminated >cough< and replaced with mindless College Program-extended-internship-Countdown-to-zero-management-on-the-job-training Cast Members who honestly just do not get it.

One important rule in any business. NEVER HIRE FANS TO RUN YOUR BUSINESS!

You don't want to know how deeply that river runs.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I suppose no one at Disney is chuckling that one of their stale parks still does nearly more business than both of the Comcast offerings? As I said earlier, maybe this is a potential new revenue stream that we cannot guess at yet. Yes there are the potential revenue paths they have hinted at, but if this truly is a diabolical plan, there may be more of a golden goose in hiding?

There's a lot of sounds coming from the hallways and offices and cubicles of TDO, chuckling wouldn't be one.

People need to look beyond the simple attendance figures (which are not accurate anyway, but PLEASE let's nor start that inane and never-ending debate). One business is growing by leaps and bounds, the other is treading water at best and hoping for giant leaps in revenue due to a flawed system they can't get up and running.

Golden goose? How about burnt goose?

Magenta Panther

There's a lot of sounds coming from the hallways and offices and cubicles of TDO, chuckling wouldn't be one.

People need to look beyond the simple attendance figures (which are not accurate anyway, but PLEASE let's nor start that inane and never-ending debate). One business is growing by leaps and bounds, the other is treading water at best and hoping for giant leaps in revenue due to a flawed system they can't get up and running.

How about cooked goose? ;)

Reactions: luv

Nemo14

as in "goose egg"?

Reactions: luv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom