Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubs70

The aim of NGE is to increase margin of the existing customer base. By giving away free stuff (Free Sh#t Modifier or FSM), NGE is only decreasing margin.

Lee

Adventurer
From the Sentinel comments:
hanginginotown at 8:46 AM August 18, 2013
You can still go to the park at the spur of the moment and have just as much fun as you do now. Additionally, you'll be able to book FastPass times on the ride over, make dining reservations from the monorail and see the exact wait time for any of your favorite rides.
Imagine being at Magic Kingdom, logging into your MM+ account, make FastPass reservations for "Soarin'" and walking right in when you make it to Epcot!
As an annual passholder, you'll have the same privlidges as other guest, with the exception of having your credit card associated with the band.
You'll still get accurate ride times, FastPasses, attraction suggestions and be able to meet your favorite character.

Yeah...that's not a planted response...:rolleyes:

Nubs70

I think if a mainstream, well respected media outlet were to question the privacy issues it could become a PR disaster. If its a less known or less respected outlet it could be dismissed by the masses as paranoid conspiracy theories. The story definitely matters, but so does the person telling it.
It appears Wall Street is becoming aware of the spending patterns of WDW. Questions are starting to be asked. Now that an activist investor has come across the horizon, he may get a hold of the financial statements and then some light can be shed into the inner workings.

PhotoDave219

It appears Wall Street is becoming aware of the spending patterns of WDW. Questions are starting to be asked. Now that an activist investor has come across the horizon, he may get a hold of the financial statements and then some light can be shed into the inner workings.

But here's the thing - Only the LA Times & Orlando Sentinel pay any attention to what Disney does (beyond us).

With light articles like that, there's no one to hold them accountable. No one to question what theyre doing.

None of these mommybloggers will ask the tough questions because it will threaten their free goodie bags.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Wow... I think the comments are the best part. Must be that 2% negative from the story. Did I count 2 or 3 of those as positive, or positive and skeptical?

Has anyone from this forum posted on their social media? I mean simple, informational questions about the program. How will this impact Passholders of all tiers? DVC members? It would have to be completely innocuous almost benign questions. Certainly not me, as I tend to be a bit chatty.

*1023*

Nubs70

But here's the thing - Only the LA Times & Orlando Sentinel pay any attention to what Disney does (beyond us).

With light articles like that, there's no one to hold them accountable. No one to question what theyre doing.

None of these mommybloggers will ask the tough questions because it will threaten their free goodie bags.
My hope lays with the activist investor. Maybe, just maybe he gets his hands on the financial statements and info therein makes it to Bloomberg or CNBC.

My hope lays with the activist investor. Maybe, just maybe he gets his hands on the financial statements and info therein makes it to Bloomberg or CNBC.

If you're counting on an activist investor to lead the charge against stuff like this, I think you're going to be terribly disappointed. Loeb will push hard to maximize shareholder value, and will advocate whatever direction he thinks will lead the Company in that direction. That's not likely to include any sort of objection to data mining or privacy issues, but rather whatever increases margins. See his recent food fight with George Clooney if you're unsure of how he'll react (if he asserts himself at all).

bcalltimandanna

Just got back from a one night stay at POP with the DW. Guess what we got to test? MM+! I will be happy to take any questions but here are my brief thoughts...

If I hadn't had prior knowledge of the system, this could have been a total nightmare. When we checked in it was a madhouse. Guests were complaining, managers were getting snippy. I am not making this up just for th Spirit, but I swear the guest checking in next to us told the manager that the service at UNI was better. It was quite obvious that most were confused by the bands.
As for us, couple with no kids and smartphones, it was actually kind of cool. We were immediately able to make 4 FP+ reservations for MK that night. Space, Splash, Thunder, and PP. Now, I'll never tell if we also got paper passes with our AP actual cards ;)

All in all, it kind of ruled.
For us.
For a family of 6........
Maybe not so much.

Free to answer any questions about Our Disney Experience

bcalltimandanna

One more thing.......our trip was very spontaneous. We booked on Friday and stayed Saturday. Didn't know we would get magicbands until we checked in.

wogwog

Just got back from a one night stay at POP with the DW. Guess what we got to test? MM+! I will be happy to take any questions but here are my brief thoughts...

If I hadn't had prior knowledge of the system, this could have been a total nightmare. When we checked in it was a madhouse. Guests were complaining, managers were getting snippy. I am not making this up just for th Spirit, but I swear the guest checking in next to us told the manager that the service at UNI was better. It was quite obvious that most were confused by the bands.
As for us, couple with no kids and smartphones, it was actually kind of cool. We were immediately able to make 4 FP+ reservations for MK that night. Space, Splash, Thunder, and PP. Now, I'll never tell if we also got paper passes with our AP actual cards ;)

For us.
Maybe not so much.

So we can guess the other people checking in near you may well be the advertised 2% negative factor. Sorry you had to be there when the only negative event of the day happened.:(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

For us.
Maybe not so much.

And that RIGHT there explains why Disney is getting the approval ratings it is getting thus far!

Double dipping would make everyone happy!

bcalltimandanna

So we can guess the other people checking in near you may well be the advertised 2% negative factor. Sorry you had to be there when the only negative event of the day happened.:(
Don't get me wrong. I know it was a total coincidence that I happened to overhear that about UNI service. Just thought it was funny.

I am a total Disney nut and never really go to UNI. I am also very easy to please at WDW. So, of course I liked the magicbands

bcalltimandanna

And that RIGHT there explains why Disney is getting the approval ratings it is getting thus far!

Double dipping would make everyone happy!
Oh, absolutely. And I know I cheated the system to a degree. But you know who told me I should without saying it outright? The CM that explained FP+ to us. So, we didn't really feel too guilty.....Disney suggested it to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom