Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParentsOf4

More indication that all is not well at The Place Where Dreams Come True.

Free Dining's back for most of the rest of the year (usual dates excluded). Iger really wanted to get away from that; it's just lost revenue flying right out the door.

So much for the New Fantasyland bump Iger spoke about earlier this year.

I wonder if MyMagic+ will help next year? :rolleyes:

I wonder if Universal will need to offer free dining when they open Diagon Alley?

Last edited:

TinkerBelle8878

@WDW1974 : Any news about Imagination? Or if any DHS stuff has the Muppets packing up? (really really don't want this to happen) As far as Uni: Will we see other never built WDW rides there instead (like Dueling Dragons)?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
for some not-so-good news, a few places are reporting an incident happening a few hours ago on the Rip, Ride, Rockit...apparently serious enough to warrant possible closing for a long time.

The only info I've been able to gather is that there is a "life changing injury" but that was from a random twitter post, so take it for what you will.

IHeartArt

for some not-so-good news, a few places are reporting an incident happening a few hours ago on the Rip, Ride, Rockit...apparently serious enough to warrant possible closing for a long time.

The only info I've been able to gather is that there is a "life changing injury" but that was from a random twitter post, so take it for what you will.

Oh god, what? A link would be much appreciated.

alphac2005

I don't disagree with what you're saying, necessarily.

But really, did Disney ever really do lodging better than the big guys out there? I mean, really do it better? Sure, they have the parks and what not about it that probably add to the aura of the experience. But I would never say that the Grand Floridian, even back in its heyday, was a better experience than a 4 Seasons or Ritz Carlton or even lesser known boutique chains.

I'll ask though, what is UNI's intent or expectation with building Cabana Bay? (or whatever its called?)

I hope they succeed.

I remember making the comparison of staying at The Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach, etc., and walking away feeling like they were subpar to the Four Seasons and I paid more at Disney.

TalkingHead

I've just been searching for "rockit" on twitter and orlandounited's "hatetofly" posted a message

I posted a question about it over on the Uni board -- I wonder what the future holds for that ride if this turns out to be a serious situation. Certainly wouldn't shed any tears if they removed it.

IHeartArt

I posted a question about it over on the Uni board -- I wonder what the future holds for that ride if this turns out to be a serious situation. Certainly wouldn't shed any tears if they removed it.

Honestly, I'll miss it, but I'd like to think the footprint could be repurposed by something better.

misterID

What? I'm not sure what you mean. I welcome all viewpoints. It's why I "lurk and post in" all threads.

Constructive criticism is different than complaining. I never suggested the thread be removed, I suggested it be moved. But I doubt it will because the OP is a distinguished member of the forum who apparently has a large following.

And one of the most visited does not necessarily mean one of the best. Epcot is one of the most visited parks in the world, but I can find a lot wrong with it.

There are threads I have no interest in. Posts I have no interest in responding to. And I don't. So I don't know why you're congesting this thread up. And I can't help to think, going by your posts in this thread, if that isn't your goal.

If your objective is: "I want to see it function at its highest potential. We should be able to have intellectual discussions and debates in this section of the forum, without resorting to absurdities", is hysterical as it describes very, very few of the threads on this site since I've been here because... It's about a theme park. And what is or isn't, is not your call.

You don't have to visit the thread. Don't. I just don't think that's your aim. You like the attention, obviously.

Last edited:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
More indication that all is not well at The Please Where Dreams Come True.

Free Dining's back for most of the rest of the year (usual dates excluded). Iger really wanted to get away from that; it's just lost revenue flying right out the door.

So much for the New Fantasyland bump Iger spoke about earlier this year.

I wonder if MyMagic+ will help next year? :rolleyes:

I wonder if Universal will need to offer free dining when they open Diagon Alley?

Hmmm...I'm not all that bright but I've got a feeling both of those questions are rhetorical.....

The Excavator

There are threads I have no interest in. Posts I have no interest in responding to. So I don't why you're congesting this thread up. And I can't help to think, going by your posts in this thread, if that isn't your goal.

If your objective is: "I want to see it function at its highest potential. We should be able to have intellectual discussions and debates in this section of the forum, without resorting to absurdities", is hysterical as it describes very, very few of the threads on this site since I've been herebecause... It's about a theme park. And what is or isn't on it is not your call.

You don't have to visit the thread. Don't. I just don't think that's your aim. You like the attention, obviously.

I literally posted once. And the only others have been responses to others who have quoted me. (All of which for some reason has been deleted) If I am "congesting this thread up" why are you responding and adding to it?

All I had was a suggestion to something that others have been criticizing as well. The lack of good debate. I'm not trying to derail the thread and personal attacks against my character are not necessary. I have no alternative motive. If I was attention seeking, I would continue. But I'm not going to. I've stated my thoughts, though apparently they were so awful they had to be reported, and I will withhold my arrogant opinions from now on.

I feel like this will somehow be removed as well if I don't say something agreeable to the community here, so I will go on record saying that I went to Uni last fall for three days and it was one of the best trips I've ever had! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom