Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodan75

Back and about as relevant as Arsenio Hall, JT?

What exactly does this have to do with anything we have discussed here?

The machinations within Uni are just as relevant as any of the other subjects discussed here. Heaven forbid we are reminded that Comcast is just as vicious and political as Disney.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Peter Pans Flight is the most overrated attraction in all of Walt Disney World. If it wasn't for the ride system, the haunted houses at Halloween Horror Nights would be more complex.

I don't get Disney fans that praise Disney over Universal because Disney uses more animatronics, and then these same people call Mermaid crap. It's not Pirates, it's not Splash Mountain, but it's certainly better than Peter Pan's Flight.

Can we give this subject a rest, Tim?
I totally disagree, but it largely is opinion and taste.

Stevek

OK, so tonight was when the bloggers got use those $50 gift cards ...wonder what those checks were like.

BTW, saw The Disney Parks Blog little video and ...well, Scarlett is looking good. I have no idea why she isn't a sake gal. ...?

Scarlett does nothing for me. Her presence alone made Corless' show nearly unbearable. Are they still an item? Odd couple. Blondie or that little dessert girl Heather were the most attractive in that vid IMO, but I'm old and my eyesight is failing so what do I know.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just been announced that Pirates 5 has been delayed indefinitely after Lone Ranger tanked. Face-value or is there an agenda at play here?

Just playing hardball with Jerry and Johnny ...so therefore script concerns will push the film out a year.

Big deal. Disney only has tent pole films and there's only so many $$$ to go around and dates on the calendar. Wouldn't read anymore into it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
The machinations within Uni are just as relevant as any of the other subjects discussed here. Heaven forbid we are reminded that Comcast is just as vicious and political as Disney.

true, but not the point at all ... Good, old Frank seemed to read a whole lot more into that typical Hollywood move than folks I know in the business. And it has nothing do with anything.

Stevek

Let's see ...someone who hasn't posted in seven years shows up at night and wants to discuss her hubby ...do I play or enjoy these fresh cookies?

Christ, aren't all of them pretty much whores who would do anything for a Disney (or other park) freebie? That being said, I don't blame them for taking what these parks will give them especially when their lives so completely revolve around said parks...and to some extent their income. Which begs the question, do guys like Brigante and sweet Lou make a living off of being podcasters/bloggers?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Christ, aren't all of them pretty much whores who would do anything for a Disney (or other park) freebie? That being said, I don't blame them for taking what these parks will give them especially when their lives so completely revolve around said parks...and to some extent their income. Which begs the question, do guys like Brigante and sweet Lou make a living off of being podcasters/bloggers?
I do blame them. They are nothing more than a marketing team. A wave of misinformation which leads to disappointment in the end for those who use them as credible sources of information.

Whom do I refer to? Well...new visitors, or return visitors who find them on Google and take them at their word.

They polish their stories to paint the best light on Disney, which is ok, I get that...but it leads to unrealistic expectations from the Guests. But, even worse, they don't tell the Guests how various systems/concepts actually work. Rather, they pontificate about how wonderful they are.

I'm sorry, but there's a reason why NFL cheerleaders are compensated and still included in the sport...and, it has absolutely nothing to do with football. I feel the same way about them (and the Mom's Panel, etc.)...

They offer no tips, no hints, and nothing you can't get out of the general Disney website...all the while pretending they have "insider" knowledge to their readers (they probably do, but they never write about it).

If they were truly fans, and man it hurts me to say this...they would focus on what Disney could do better, and how to make the most of a Disney Experience...not just be amazed at every new bench and bathroom.

Let's see ...someone who hasn't posted in seven years shows up at night and wants to discuss her hubby ...do I play or enjoy these fresh cookies?
Posts about the blog event, which I attended, were brought to my attention. I simply logged in to reply to your comment and a few others. If you have something you'd like to say to me, please go ahead. And yes, it's at night. We don't go to bed until 3 am at the earliest. So if you want to discuss why you called my husband a , go ahead. I didn't ask for an explanation. I just know how hard he works on his site, which is free to you buy the way, so it's seems a little harsh to call him a . I think he deserves a few freebies every now and again. You don't think he deserves it or works hard enough for it?

No, Inside the Magic started out as a hobby. We definitely do not live off of what Ricky makes from his podcast/website/videos.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Posts about the blog event, which I attended, were brought to my attention. I simply logged in to reply to your comment and a few others. If you have something you'd like to say to me, please go ahead. And yes, it's at night. We don't go to bed until 3 am at the earliest. So if you want to discuss why you called my husband a , go ahead. I didn't ask for an explanation. I just know how hard he works on his site, which is free to you buy the way, so it's seems a little harsh to call him a . I think he deserves a few freebies every now and again. You don't think he deserves it or works hard enough for it?

71jason

While classism may offend some folks, boorish behavior from people whose 'tudes toward their fellow man is a giant middle finger offends me a whole lot more.

Not going to defend walking up to people and shoving a video camera in their face. Nor can I defend a person ostensibly "reviewing" a restaurant (the implied reason for the invites) not being able to recall what they ate or drank. But when we're into making fun of people's mustaches--it reeks of piling on for the sake of trying to seem like one of the online "cool kids."

And while a nice polo shirt should be acceptable at a place like the Grill, on any given night you will see many examples of what isn't located all around the dining room because of those type of 'tudes.

Not defending T-shirts and flip-flops. Agreed those should be politely but firmly refused at the door. But posts--not yours--were specifically targeting people in polos, and implying anything less than a sports jacket was gauche.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No, Inside the Magic started out as a hobby. We definitely do not live off of what Ricky makes from his podcast/website/videos.
Well, if you want some positive feedback, I've loved a lot of your videos. I'm glad you all are out there. Thanks for what you do (though, I find the podcast a bit boring...)...that's my opinion as a consumer (nothing more). I love the youtube stuff you all have put together. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom