Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

No, we're asking if you have an independent source you cultivated yourself or is this just repeating what other people have said.
All he did was see the 4KHD3D media and ran with it as a 3D movie, totally missing the entire sentence: Lorax RV's are rumored to be themed Scooters that will utilize a motion base along a track with 4KHD3D media, AA's, large sets, and live fx.... That does not sound like a 3D movie nor a simulator to me...

This is what happens when Disney management gets together to play slap towels on their naked behinds while Universal/Comcast actually BUILDS something of substance..

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wanted to point out that even Universal is not currently infallible when it comes to construction timelines. It has been 2 years since the Harry Potter announcement for USH. They are looking at a ~4 1/2 year timeline for a clone from announcement to completion.

It seems the scenarios are reversed on either coast.

Apples and Oranges. One, it's not a clone. Two, Potter in USH isn't an really an expansion but has to consume lots of the existing park. Three, Universal has been bogged down in their overall redevelopment concept for the area which is tied into the local government entities and business development. The redevelopment of the area and it's impact on starting the actual projects are nothing like what WDW is dealing with.

BrianLo

Ah thanks @raven24 @flynnibus @lazyboy97o

I never could figure out why that project seemed to be getting a timeline pass, but that makes a lot more sense. Still yes the announcement was "too early". I suppose a better comparator would be the far too premature Avatar announcement, but even that will likely drag its feet when it comes to the actual construction timeline.

And I thought it was mostly a clone of Florida?

GiveMeTheMusic

Ah thanks @raven24 @flynnibus @lazyboy97o

I never could figure out why that project seemed to be getting a timeline pass, but that makes a lot more sense. Still yes the announcement was "too early". I suppose a better comparator would be the far too premature Avatar announcement, but even that will likely drag its feet when it comes to the actual construction timeline.

The HP announcement was hastily done for USH when the expansion was leaked to the press. Otherwise, it would probably have been announced this year. 2015-16 was always the target date, as the Gibson Amphitheatre needs to be razed and was booked for concerts until this fall.

Captain Neo

And once again, you are wrong with Lorax... If that is what someone told you, you were given wrong info.. it will be a DARK RIDE, not a simulator nor a 3D movie....
It could be a ride through a building I guess but in my mind I consider a dark ride to be like Cat in the Hat, Little Mermaid, and Pinnochio daring Journey where there are actual sets and AA's/figures rather than just screens. In my mind its more like Midway Mania without the guns. Hope i'm wrong though but only time will tell.

As for the coaster in JP, Amber Mine train ride fits the theme of Jurassic Park.. Nothing wrong with it at all... It fits as much as a dwarf mine in Fantasyland fits... Both are products of their environments and fit the over all theme...

It absolutely does not fit the theme of JP. Jurassic Park is a zoological park the rides should reflect this (Boat rides, jeep tours, helicoptor tours, walkthrough exhibits, labs,etc.) a generic roller coaster themed to amber mines has no business being there. The Seven Dwarfs make perfect sense in Fantasyland riding around in a mine cart in a zoological park does not.

No, we're asking if you have an independent source you cultivated yourself or is this just repeating what other people have said.

Mix of both.

Funmeister

No thanks...when I'm there I'm having a great time with my family and not thinking about all the Disney is evil and negativity talked about around here

Um...caught you in a lie there pops! If that was true you never would have posted this:

"I think the first thing we need to all understand is there is no war. They all build we all win
Also Disney is planning many things down the road....we just have to wait longer than we'd all like"

misterID

Does no one here understand the difference between the word BRAND and COMPANY?

Yes and I also understand the difference of debating and arguing for the sake of arguing. I think it's lame they put Spiderman on a slot machine. It has nothing to do with anything else.

You guys have taken a simple issue and tried to wrap it around a whole lot of other crap that is totally meaningless and doesn't have anything to do do with the simple argument above. I love comics. I also know the differences between Spiderman and The Punisher.

lazyboy97o

Very different site conditions.

It absolutely does not fit the theme of JP. Jurassic Park is a zoological park the rides should reflect this (Boat rides, jeep tours, helicoptor tours, walkthrough exhibits, labs,etc.) a generic roller coaster themed to amber mines has no business being there. The Seven Dwarfs make perfect sense in Fantasyland riding around in a mine cart in a zoological park does not.
Have you ever read, or even watched, Jurassic Park?

WDWDad13

Um...caught you in a lie there pops! If that was true you never would have posted this:

"I think the first thing we need to all understand is there is no war. They all build we all win
Also Disney is planning many things down the road....we just have to wait longer than we'd all like"

Ummmm I don't think I understand your argument on how those are contradicting each other????

...and just for the record I have way better things to do than "lie" on a Disney message board lol

Goofyernmost

The Gold standard for rockwork is Expedition Everest, Even the SNOW looks real the just looking at mountain triggers suspension of reality just as it should, FLE well not so much..., The fake tiny castle no forced perspective it just looks well small...
Well, silly that is because it is a long way away on a mountain top. What's this thing you call forced perspective?
Attention: Paging Inner Child. Inner Child please join us in the Fantasyland Expansion area. ;)

Captain Chaos

It could be a ride through a building I guess but in my mind I consider a dark ride to be like Cat in the Hat, Little Mermaid, and Pinnochio daring Journey where there are actual sets and AA's/figures rather than just screens. In my mind its more like Midway Mania without the guns. Hope i'm wrong though but only time will tell.

Spider-man is technically a dark ride... Also, read the ENTIRE sentence about Lorax.. It will include sets and AA's.. just as the other rides you describe.. therefore, Lorax is and will be a dark ride...

Apparently you never watched Jurassic park where, you know, they do visit Amber Mines.. Therefore, it fits the theme...

You know what does NOT fit? Monsters Inc in Tomorrowland... Star Wars land in Hollywood... Or visiting another planet by walking through some arches in Animal Kingdom, but that won't stop Avatar from going there... Sometimes, you need to suspend belief.. Since there were Amber Mines in Jurassic Park, and since the back story of Jurassic Park in IOA is that it is another research facility only in Orlando, Amber Mines make total sense...

The only things which don't make sense there are the incoming carnival games... And no one in the online community is giving Universal a pass on adding those eye sores...

tirian

Well, silly that is because it is a long way away on a mountain top. What's this thing you call forced perspective?
Attention: Paging Inner Child. Inner Child please join us in the Fantasyland Expansion area. ;)
You don't have to work hard to page the inner child and accept forced perspective. Successful forced perspective does the work for you.

Cinderella Castle, Main Street USA, BTMRR, American Adventure, Tree of Life, EE, and Miss Tilly are examples of forced perspective. The Beast's castle is a miniature.

the.dreamfinder

I know that I am sticking my hand in a hornet's nest by asking this question, but are there any expansion pads on Marvel Superhero Island?

Just curious.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You don't have to work hard to page the inner child and accept forced perspective. Successful forced perspective does the work for you.

Cinderella Castle, Main Street USA, BTMRR, American Adventure, Tree of Life, EE, and Miss Tilly are examples of forced perspective. The Beast's castle is a miniature.

Exactly, What's puzzling is why the Beast's castle doesn't follow the rule Obviously WDI knew how to do forced perspective at one time but apparently not anymore,

As a photographer I find it visually irritating like all the pictures with trees and lightposts apparently growing out of people's heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom