Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM

I don't think anyone seperates any Disney entity so much to the point they aren't aware that it is a Disney product. Disney plants their flag on all of them. They know the umbrella they're all under.
Does that apply to SOAPnet? I can't say as I'm not much of a viewer ...

HMF

Disney doesn't care who you are or what you did as long as you can pay. I mean, Charles Manson might get a flat no, but then again, if he paid double, he might not. Holly is a huge Disney nut and has spent a lot of money at DLR in the past - she will get whatever she wants for her huge wedding.
I wonder if Disney is taking measures to distance themselves from affiliation with Miley Cyrus this week.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
No - it's not.

I'll say it again but in the inverse so maybe it will stick for you. Just because things are not ISOLATED - does not make they are the same. Separation does not require ISOLATION.

And there is little to no separation there.

Captain Neo

I'm not so sure you are exactly right...

I have art for the amber mine coaster. Looks fantastic, but I last heard they were going another direction.
And the Lorax attraction, as I hear it, is a ride, not a movie (though with some 3D elements).

And then there are the big plans for Toon Lagoon for 2017 or so....

I wasn't told anything about Toon Lagoon but the Lorax attraction was described as being something similar to Shrek 4D and Despicable Me so I guess it could be a simulator rather than just a 3D movie but honestly either way it sounds like yet another attraction where guests stare at video screens.

As for Jurassic park the carnival games are already under construction and Uni Creative is already gearing up for the new attraction which i've been told (and Hatetofly over at the Uni forums was told) is still a roller coaster around an amber mine. Are you sure your not referring to that other roller coaster idea for JP called Raptor Racers or something? I know that was scrapped awhile ago. Either way coasters have no place in JP as far as i'm concerned.

Captain Neo

Maybe you're a Universal insider and I missed the memo. If you have a track record I'm not aware of, I apologize. But I have to ask the eternal question...

Source?

Hopefully this is not the equivalent of asking Lee for a source.

Just so you and others stop asking. No matter if the person giving the info is a true insider, a phony, a liar, or anywhere in between nobody is going to say their source. However I invite you to compare rumors across multiple forums, make mental notes of what each person is claiming and then see how they compare to what happens in reality a year or two down the road, etc.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just so you and others stop asking. No matter if the person giving the info is a true insider, a phony, a liar, or anywhere in between nobody is going to say their source

No, but people can say if they are repeating what they've heard elsewhere.. or if they are the point of origination.

All too often people parrot other sites or users and then it looks like '3 people saying the same thing!' instead of '2 people repeating what they heard'

Last edited:

nytimez

Just so you and others stop asking. No matter if the person giving the info is a true insider, a phony, a liar, or anywhere in between nobody is going to say their source. However I invite you to compare rumors across multiple forums, make mental notes of what each person is claiming and then see how they compare to what happens in reality a year or two down the road, etc.

I think the question is, are you someone with contacts at Uni, or are you aggregating what you've read elsewhere?

EDIT to add: Yes, what Flynn said.

lebeau

You misunderstand.

If you're an insider, I don't expect you to name names. If you're not, I expect you to provide a source. Either an article, website or insider with a trusted track record. You do not have a track record, you haven't even claimed to be an insider and you're not providing a source for your rumors. The rumors you posted have been mostly discredited by people who have had good track records. So I have all the info I need.

Thanks!

PhotoDave219

No, we're asking if you have an independent source you cultivated yourself or is this just repeating what other people have said.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I wouldn't say that the rockwork is poor, in fact, I would say it is quite attractive, but you asked for a comparison between Potter and FLE. Well, first of all, I don't remember all that much rockwork at Potter, so I can't really compare it. However, it would be difficult anyway because Potter is a land in and of itself with theme's that are directly associated with Potter. FLE rockwork is more of a faux land decoration in that there is no real consistency of theme there. There is Mermaid and Belle and soon the 7 DMT. All they can do with the rockwork there is create the necessary scene for each attraction. It's not Little Mermaid land. Once the Mine train is done then it becomes even more diluted because then FLE becomes just a part of the entire Fantasyland picture. Still the overall appearance should be improved with the removal of the construction wall.

Don't quote me on this, I tried to find the reference but was unable, but I think that it was just a little over 3 years to completely build EPCOT. Disneyland was completed in 1 year. Is 4 years a bit much for FLE? I think and argument can be made that it was way too much!

The Gold standard for rockwork is Expedition Everest, Even the SNOW looks real the just looking at mountain triggers suspension of reality just as it should, FLE well not so much..., The fake tiny castle no forced perspective it just looks well small...

BrianLo

I am almost out of play time ...but I have pointed out MANY times here that TINY WDP built EPCOT Center using early 80s tech in three years, while this relatively minor FAntasyland project will take 4 1/2 years from announcement to completion.

I wanted to point out that even Universal is not currently infallible when it comes to construction timelines. It has been 2 years since the Harry Potter announcement for USH. They are looking at a ~4 1/2 year timeline for a clone from announcement to completion.

It seems the scenarios are reversed on either coast.

Captain Chaos

I wasn't told anything about Toon Lagoon but the Lorax attraction was described as being something similar to Shrek 4D and Despicable Me so I guess it could be a simulator rather than just a 3D movie but honestly either way it sounds like yet another attraction where guests stare at video screens.

As for Jurassic park the carnival games are already under construction and Uni Creative is already gearing up for the new attraction which i've been told (and Hatetofly over at the Uni forums was told) is still a roller coaster around an amber mine. Are you sure your not referring to that other roller coaster idea for JP called Raptor Racers or something? I know that was scrapped awhile ago. Either way coasters have no place in JP as far as i'm concerned.

And once again, you are wrong with Lorax... If that is what someone told you, you were given wrong info.. it will be a DARK RIDE, not a simulator nor a 3D movie....

As for the coaster in JP, Amber Mine train ride fits the theme of Jurassic Park.. Nothing wrong with it at all... It fits as much as a dwarf mine in Fantasyland fits... Both are products of their environments and fit the over all theme...

Californian Elitist

I wanted to point out that even Universal is not currently infallible when it comes to construction timelines. It has been 2 years since the Harry Potter announcement for USH. They are looking at a ~4 1/2 year timeline for a clone from announcement to completion.

USH just recently got permission to build Potter, which is why they're just now starting. They shouldn't have announced it so long ago.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's a shame - they're two great rides, and it would be great if they could remain with a changed theme...

However, I'm sure people felt the same with Jaws, and BTTF, and Kongfrontation, and Universal have shown that they aren't afraid of removing "major" attractions...

But unlike Disney they replace them with ANOTHER major attraction, Not a construction wall for 20 years and then a meet-n-grope.

lazyboy97o

Context is also important. Universal Studios Hollywood has to deal with the City of Los Angeles and their stricter development process (though they probably announced prematurely). This is why the situation at Walt Disney World is worse, because they control most of the regulatory process that slows down others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom