Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

That's easy; because Iger's name is on it:
  • "And also in Florida, we are very excited about a new technology roll out, designed to enhance guest experience, and advance and expand guest engagement before their visits. We will provide details early next year, but among the many features and benefits of this technology is giving guests the chance to plan their itineraries ahead of time, including access to their favorite, and often our most popular, attractions." - November 8, 1912
  • "But we've been hesitant to give details until we're ready to really basically -- before it's ready for primetime, so to speak. But we're getting close." - November 8, 1912
Iger was discussing this way back in 1912? Oh my! Maybe Iger is a clone... Now I know why they bought Lucasfilm... Attack of the Clones was actually referencing Iger, Staggs, Rasulo... All three, evil emperor clones.. Now I get it LOL...

nytimez

No popcorn here. I am leaving shortly, but I am not here go play passive aggressive games with no-lifers.

I'm also leaving this thread shortly. I do have news, but I'll start 5 or 6 threads with each individual bit so we don't have this type of situation develop.

Oh, don't worry. They'll still try to derail your threads.

The upside to all this is that your threads are GREAT for adjusting my "ignore" settings.

Captain Chaos

The upside to all this is that your threads are GREAT for adjusting my "ignore" settings.
That's what they get paid to do... or are just so in love with 74 they click that little link on the top of the thread called WATCH THREAD and have little beeps going off on their phones so they know when their hero has posted...

nytimez

That's what they get paid to do... or are just so in love with 74 they click that little link on the top of the thread called WATCH THREAD and have little beeps going off on their phones so they know when their hero has posted...

It's funny... they accuse everyone else of being Spirit's "fans" or "flock" or "sheep" etc... yet they're the ones who post here most obsessively.

Forget pixie dust... these little fellers are snortin' Spirit Dust - and they are HOOKED.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It's funny... they accuse everyone else of being Spirit's "fans" or "flock" or "sheep" etc... yet they're the ones who post here most obsessively.

Forget pixie dust... these little fellers are snortin' Spirit Dust - and they are HOOKED.
He is their Blue Magic (Breaking Bad reference for those who dont watch)

Computer Magic

Not really news but I find it interesting. It hints at what NextGen is all about and why it's so expensive. It's not about bands or Fastpass+. It's about a platform. Infrastructure. A network. It's Disney's iTunes, which was Apple's crown jewel even more than the iPod or iPhone. All that said, it has to work.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog...nd-new-toy-box-in-disney-infinity-video-game/
exactly: Disney is banking on this infrastructure and network of technology. They feel there is no going back, just push it though.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

Case in point. How do either of these comments contribute anything to the conversation? That's a rhetorical question- please don't answer. We continually get comments like these on BOTH sides of the argument (these two are being pointed out because they just happen to be the most recent) and they do nothing but continue the animosity and do nothing to further the conversation.

There are MANY guilty parties here and I think a lot of people need to take a moment to step back and think about how they are coming across.

The Empress Lilly

Percentage wise, has any Disney project been that much over budget?
It is a well-studied phenomenon that a great number of ICT projects are delivered over budget, past deadline, without realising their goals.

If you pay me $85k, I'll tell you why. (Hints: set clear goals, appoint non-ICT management as the head of the project, set up a seprate project for every goal)

It is not just Disney. They all fall for very predictable - if fiendishly difficult to avoid - trappings:
IT Projects: 400% Over-Budget and only 25% of Benefits Realized

An alarming study by Flyvbjerg and Budzier published in the Harvard Business Review has made everyone stand-up and take notice. The coherent advice being that IT projects are much more riskier than we think.

The study showed that amongst the 1400+ projects surveyed, on an average 27% were over budget. 16% of the projects could easily be categorized as Black Swans. They had a cost overrun of over 200% and were late by almost 70%. These were the projects which could cause stunning failures and bring down companies.

Boris Gloger mentioned that the results were frightening.

These results are significant. But even more frightening are the conclusions of the authors of Harvard Business Review article. They write: If you want to avoid the slow death caused by IT projects you must be prepared not only to spend 400% more than planned on the project, but to reap only 25% of the expected benefits. If you keep this in mind you can possibly prevent a company from being killed by an IT project.
http://www.infoq.com/news/2011/10/risky-it-projects

PhotoDave219

Boy, you are incredibly ignorant. Concussions and brain injuries in sports are a very important and topical issue. I'm glad to see the Times look into it and see that, apparently, Disney is putting NFL dollars over ESPN being allowed to do hard-hitting journalism.

As someone who has had repeated concussions, I really want to know as much as possible on the subject.

Because thrill rides and roller coasters are completely off the list anymore

Captain Chaos

I'm telling you, they have SHRINES in their homes... If the police ever investigated their houses, I am sure they would find hidden rooms with nothing but print outs of 74's posts, candles, beads, sacrificed lambs, oils they rub all over their bodies as they do their sick worship rituals...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Case in point. How do either of these comments contribute anything to the conversation. That's a rhetorical question- please don't answer. We continually get comments like these on BOTH sides of the argument (these two are being pointed out because they just happen to be the most recent) and they do nothing but continue the animosity and do nothing to further the conversation.

There are MANY guilty parties here and I think a lot of people need to take a moment to step back and think about how they are coming across.

Point blank I think it is obvious there are people with nothing to add and who are looking to distract, derail, and destroy. I think those folks should be warned and then asked to not post in the thread. I am not speaking of anyone who simply disagrees with a point being made. But if they can't argue or debate it in an adult fashion and resort to discussing ME, then I think that should be grounds for their removal from the thread and, possibly, the forum.

These people are not arguing the points, they are arguing my merits as a member of the human species and I kind of have a problem with that.

Captain Neo

Note to self: Jokes are unwelcome in this forum unless they're @WDW1974's particular brand of humor. Furthermore, if you fail to worship at the altar of the Spirit, you are clearly a low level TDO drone.

Weren't you the one who introduced yourself as "someone who works at TDO and knows all about the Avatar project" in the Avatar thread? I myself was going to ask you if Disney pays you to post here because of the nature of some of your previous posts have been highly suspect. You have downplayed MM+ and only speak very positively of the resort's future.

I've known WDW1974/Spirit across numerous websites under many different aliases. All of his information is based on fact and when he is merely speculating he will clearly specify that. He's also backed up by alot of respectable insiders and Disney fans. Your backed up by the Disney Corporation. Who do you think most people will side with? Pick your battles wisely.

WDWDad13

A blank check indeed. Just step back and ask yourself when that has ever happened or what the justification for doing so would be.

Yeah it is odd but I think they believe this is a necessary foundation for their future so it's full speed ahead no matter the price or length to take to do it right

Tim_4

Weren't you the one who introduced yourself as "someone who works at TDO and knows all about the Avatar project" in the Avatar thread? I myself was going to ask you if Disney pays you to post here because of the nature of some of your previous posts have been highly suspect. You have downplayed MM+ and only speak very positively of the resort's future.

I've known WDW1974/Spirit across numerous websites under many different aliases. All of his information is based on fact and when he is merely speculating he will clearly specify that. He's also backed up by alot of respectable insiders and Disney fans. Your backed up by the Disney Corporation. Who do you think most people will side with? Pick your battles wisely.
Nope. I never made any of those claims, nor are they correct. I have repeatedly criticized NextGen and stated that execution has largely been a failure. It's amazing that me saying NextGen is way over budget but not as over budget as some have suggested is considered pixie dust snorting or whatever else.

The Empress Lilly

Personally, I enjoy reading both Tim's and Spirit's posts. Both are informed, and fortuitously on somewhat opposite ends of the spectrum pro/against.

For me there are no battles or picking sides here. This is not World War Three. This is some people with Disney for a hobby discussing a vacation resort. I enjoy reading a variety of opinion about it. All that matters to me is some respect and civility.

Computer Magic

Yeah it is odd but I think they believe this is a necessary foundation for their future so it's full speed ahead no matter the price or length to take to do it right
As an IT professional, the infrastructure is their future. The apps riding on the infrastructure will evolve. If American stands up and gets tied of being spied on, then much of what 74 is warning us and fighting against will dissolve. FP+ how its being planned today will change over time. How it changes depends on guest acceptance to their offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom