Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magenta Panther

@Magenta Panther , you're responding to posts mocking your hatred of the Muppets with... Posts about how much you hate the Muppets. Not the smartest thing to do.

But you know what? Keep it coming. This is entertaining to watch.

I don't hate the Muppets. That's what the nerds just don't get. There are no shades of gray with them. Either you worship felt and foam rubber, or you're a soul-less hater. That's why it's so easy to push their buttons. Glad you're enjoying the show as best you can...even if you don't really get the jokes.

ThemeParkJunkee

Strangely, I picture Sam Eagle walking to a podium and delivering the line," We would like to announce that we have many projects in the works we will be announcing. Furthermore, full deployment of our NextGen project is expected to be announced in the future and the "guest enhancement features" will be unprecedented." Meanwhile, all unforeseeable catastrophes are taking place behind him. Parabolic antennas hanging from above, cameras swinging, and a Muppet spy drone crashing as Sam continues on, mostly undaunted. " Additionally, we expect revenue to double in live action and animation despite recent gutting of most divisions." ....etc....

Actually, that sounds like a great segment for Muppet 3D.

Thank you for joining 1023. I am also a long time lurker but had to jump in regarding the excessive investment in what is, essentially, and internal tool and not a guest enhancement. I love that you can spell, punctuate and use words creatively.

I also read this post with "Sam's" voice in my head. A great contribution.

Sped2424

Magenta Panther kept scrolling while reading all the comments directed at him within the thread, surely they knew, they had to know. Those things that dared called themselves friendly, those..puppets were evil. Perhaps they needed to be reminded again about that one article about the DVD sales, that had to settle it. Surely one article could prove their malevolence. Yet they continued to ignore his constant warnings, he kept typing away furiously until he heard a voice come from behind him. "We told you there is nothing you can do" His heart skipped a beat he slowly turned away from his computer screen only to find a frog on his bed with a banjo in his lap. He began to strum a tune Magenta knew what was coming next "STOP IT YOU AREN'T REAL, YOU'RE NOT EVEN RELEVANT ANYMORE". But his words had no effect the frog began to sing the song, dear god he began to sing the song.

The one song that haunted his dreams every night the song about...rainbows. With great haste he turned back to his computer screen and began to try and tell everyone why these puppets were irrelevant. They had to be reminded again, and again these nerds who were raging on him had to know. As he began to type his computer faded to black, for a couple seconds silence, had the nightmare ended? Did his words reach through? All too soon the screen came to life again, only this time with a puppet in a lab coat who had no eyes yet he wore glasses anyways his complexion was the color green peas. Even with no eyes he knew the soulless demon was staring right at him "What are you doing beaker we have another experiment to do" he looked down only to find a lab coat where his shirt had been, and felt...were his skin used to be. "Oh god no" he tried to speak again but all he could say was "MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI" the experiments were coming up and he knew what happened with each one. He showed fear on his face and for some reason the sound of laughter filled the room as if some twisted audience or spectators were enjoying these antics. "MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI" but it was too late, his words couldn't help him those dreaded puppets had won. Spread this around to 5 people if you don't want the same thing happening to you at midnight.

BryceM

Well, you think what you wanna think. Me, I've booked a trip to WDW for October. I got a nice little bonus at work, so I've upgraded my hotel to the Swan and Dolphin, which will be cool because I've never stayed there before. And while I'm at WDW, maybe I'll take a stroll through DHS and pause and look at that echoing, dippy Muppet courtyard and enjoy listening to the crickets, because hardly anyone is ever there. And then maybe I'll stroll on over to Star Tours, and perhaps drop in and ride it, then leave and go through the queue again and ride it again, then ride it a couple more times, just for the heck of it, all probably within 20-25 minutes, because there has never been anything like a line there during any visit I've ever taken at WDW. Then maybe I'll go to the Magic Kingdom and see if I can book a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest, which isn't likely because, despite the fact that Kermit and Darth Vader aren't a part of it it's always booked solid for some reason, and then maybe I'll walk down to Peter Pan's Flight, which will be packed to the gills, and debate whether or not I want to stand in line for 45 minutes to ride it again. And then I'll probably decide it's worth it, and then, while I'm standing in line, I'll ponder just how vital the Muppets and Star Wars are to the welfare of WDW, yes, sirree. ;)
But don't both MuppetVision and Star Tours have large capacities? Those attractions appear to be people eaters, and that would definitely contribute to their shorter wait times.

And have you seen how popular Star Wars Weekends are? Do you know how much Star Wars makes in the merchandising department? I don't, but I imagine they sell a ton of merchandise.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

But don't both MuppetVision and Star Tours have large capacities? Those attractions appear to be people eaters, and that would definitely contribute to their shorter wait times.

And have you seen how popular Star Wars Weekends are? Do you know how much Star Wars makes in the merchandising department? I don't, but I imagine they sell a ton of merchandise. And I would love to see you reiterate this argument after the next Disney park expands with a larger Star Wars presence and the attendance sky rockets.

Well, when you walk into an attraction, as I have with both during my visits (just in the courtyard at Muppets), and the theaters are nearly empty or there's never much of a line, then that can't be attributed to large capacities. I don't know what the deal is, exactly, with Star Tours being so empty. It, at least, has a good show. The refurb was well done. But boy is it dead sometimes. Frankly, I'm just not as convinced that more Star Wars in DHS is going to do that much for the park. Sure, Star Wars Weekends are popular; I've been in the park when they've happened. But that's a special once-a-year fan-oriented event. I'm not sure that all Star Wars all the time access will really add much of a spark to DHS. It doesn't help that George Lucas hurt more than he helped with the franchise in later years. Still, I admit that SW is coming to DHS, like it or not. I hope its expansion won't overwhelm everything else in the park. I'd love a Monstropolis or a Disney movie dark ride in there somewhere. But who knows if we're getting anything at all? I'll believe it when I see it.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Well, you think what you wanna think. Me, I've booked a trip to WDW for October. I got a nice little bonus at work, so I've upgraded my hotel to the Swan and Dolphin, which will be cool because I've never stayed there before. And while I'm at WDW, maybe I'll take a stroll through DHS and pause and look at that echoing, dippy Muppet courtyard and enjoy listening to the crickets, because hardly anyone is ever there. And then maybe I'll stroll on over to Star Tours, and perhaps drop in and ride it, then leave and go through the queue again and ride it again, then ride it a couple more times, just for the heck of it, all probably within 20-25 minutes, because there has never been anything like a line there during any visit I've ever taken at WDW. Then maybe I'll go to the Magic Kingdom and see if I can book a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest, which isn't likely because, despite the fact that Kermit and Darth Vader aren't a part of it it's always booked solid for some reason, and then maybe I'll walk down to Peter Pan's Flight, which will be packed to the gills, and debate whether or not I want to stand in line for 45 minutes to ride it again. And then I'll probably decide it's worth it, and then, while I'm standing in line, I'll ponder just how vital the Muppets and Star Wars are to the welfare of WDW, yes, sirree. ;)

Disney does more than theme parks. Plus you're referencing once popular and now dated attractions. They weren't really story heavy or cutting edge.

Nubs70

To me it is no more then a corporate tool. It differs from what has been going on for years and years only by it's method, not necessarily by it's intent.
This is obviously a new method and the implementation is determined by the intent of the user. Who is the ultimate user? What is their intent?
For years we knew that certain things were possible through technology but we believed safeguards were in place as a limiting force. Critical analysis of technology and.application there of are met with castigation and accusations of fondness for aluminum headwear. Are there not recent examples of situations where we knew the technology existed but knew it could not happen because of enshrined protections? And come to find out these situations have been happening all along?

Magenta Panther

Magenta, I think we all knew, including you, something like this would happen. It's fine that you continue to express your dislike for the Muppets in the parks, but sooner or later, it was going to turn into a joke, like it has, now. I still think this is all a funny joke, so these photos you've posted are unnecessary. I think we're all just having fun.

BTW, it takes a nerd to know another nerd. Believe it or not, but every member on this forum, including you and I, are geeks.

Well, okay, fine, I deleted those naughty puppet pictures. Except this one:

kermit.jpg

I think Disney should totally sell this in the parks. With darts. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAA!!!!

(keeping in character)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom