Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikkler

I think they could incorporate both. Possibly a short omnimover that drops you off inside the show building where the queue for the thrill ride is. For those who can't ride the thrill ride you could still take the omnimover to the lobby and exit from there. More likely to be a walk through than an omnimover, but one can dream big right?
You're smarter than Disney, so no.

Wikkler

But then how will we get this into DHS?
jar_jar_bieber_by_kindgenius-d5lx7cf.png

I believe that with Jar Jar Biebs comes Ludacris.
Which photoshop is better? YOU DECIDE!

doctornick

Boom!
ParentsOf4 just dropped some truth. Nailed it.

OK. I think most everyone can buy that there are problems at WDW. My ongoing question is: why aren't they addressing it and quickly? Even with there being a bureaucracy, I would have thought something would have been officially greenlit for DHS sometime in this past year -- if nothing else, why not build in Soundstage 1 which sits empty and is just begging for something to be put there?

I mean, Kathy Mangum was moved over to WDW a year ago, right? There was some hoopla as to that move meaning something would be build soon and yet.... what exactly is she overseeing?

tirian

OK. I think most everyone can buy that there are problems at WDW. My ongoing question is: why aren't they addressing it and quickly? Even with there being a bureaucracy, I would have thought something would have been officially greenlit for DHS sometime in this past year -- if nothing else, why not build in Soundstage 1 which sits empty and is just begging for something to be put there?

I mean, Kathy Mangum was moved over to WDW a year ago, right? There was some hoopla as to that move meaning something would be build soon and yet.... what exactly is she overseeing?
The plans we already know about.

doctornick

Exactly.

Uni has successfully drawn crowds away from DHS, DAK, and to some extent Epcot. There's a reason Burbank is suddenly keen to renovate DHS and Epcot pavilions.

Being "keen" is nice and all, but are they actually going to do it? And some point, you can't just talk about making changes, you have to take action.

I actually feel sorry for the advertising people for WDW who don't have much of anything to hype up. I mean, they are basically going to be using the FLE and "biggest expansion in Magic Kingdom history" (wow, two new rides :rolleyes:) for 2 years.

Last edited:

Mr Bill

It appears that a train stalled and they were unable to tow it for one reason or another, so now Reedy Creek is on scene evacuating the monorail.

Goofyernmost

It appears that a train stalled and they were unable to tow it for one reason or another, so now Reedy Creek is on scene evacuating the monorail.
And there, my friends is the reason why there will be no new monorail routes. They are fun to look at, but they are a nightmare to deal with. They could do like they did in Vegas and put a catwalk all the way along side of it, in the event of an evac. they could just open the door and people could walk off. Don't see that happening though unless it becomes the only way that they can keep the monorail system reasonably fear free. However, esthetically it would be awful. But the more I think about it...there's Disney's answer to thrill rides right there.

alphac2005

I've never understood the idea of going to WDW or Uni and then doing mini golf. Or going bowling, for that matter. But that's just me...

It might be surprising, but a lot of people don't have access to things like mini golf close by and have the mindset that WDW or UNI are going to have a premium experience.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I was just browsing the other message board that shall not be named but its Disney related.

Someone asked what everyone's Disney planning spreadsheets look like and received a bunch of replies with super complicated looking screenshots.

It makes me wonder if their idea of a magical vacation is completing the spreadsheet during their stay and not missing anything. Did you get the underlying storyline of Splash Mountain? No, but I checked it off my spreadsheet and with plenty of time for our ADR's and fireworks viewing spot..................sigh.

Wikkler

I was just browsing the other message board that shall not be named but its Disney related.

Someone asked what everyone's Disney planning spreadsheets look like and received a bunch of replies with super complicated looking screenshots.

It makes me wonder if their idea of a magical vacation is completing the spreadsheet during their stay and not missing anything. Did you get the underlying storyline of Splash Mountain? No, but I checked it off my spreadsheet and with plenty of time for our ADR's and fireworks viewing spot..................sigh.
Does said message board make use of emoticons that look like this:
jumping3.gif
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom