Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebeau

The DCUA is the best. Batman:TAS changed everything about the way animated superheroes were done. It is over 20 years old and it is still one of the best version of Batman and is why all the other Batman animated series since have paled in comparison.

I just finished rewatching all of Batman, Superman(remember when Darksied killed Officer Dan Turpin, that had was mind blowing that someone could die in a cartoon like that), Batman Beyond and I am in the middle of watching Justice League. They are the pinnacle and many of the the animated movies are amazing. The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2 is one of the best Batman movies ever made and I just watched Flashpoint last night and that was excellent. They are really on a role with the movies however not so much with the TV series lately. I could go on but this is one area that DC blows Marvel away. I am sorry but the new Avenger's Assemble sucks. The previous Avenger's:Earth's Mightiest Heroes series was really good. I hope the new Hulk series is good since Paul Dini is doing it. But Marvel has a long way to go to catch up to the DCUA.

Hey and it's my 500th post. I know way to much about pop culture and Disney.

Batman: TAS was ground-breaking. No two ways about it. Justice League Unlimited was the pinnacle. Just great stuff. So glad it is on Netflix now. I have been watching with my youngest. She's 4 and she now loves Wonder Woman (princess + super hero = what's better than that?). She's actually named Kara which stems from me running down a list of super hero names as a joke. So she's at least partially named after Supergirl.

The direct-to-video movies are hit and miss. But even the misses are still pretty watchable. I haven't seen the last couple of them. Waiting for them to hit Netflix.

I agree about the Marvel toons. The last Avengers series was pretty good. The new one is unwatchable (as an adult anyway) as is Spectacular Spider-man. I miss Young Justice and the GL Animated Series. Both of those were good. I'm sitting out Teen Titans. Beware the Batman is okay. I have no expectations for that Hulk show. I'm sure it will be aimed at 6-year-olds.

I actually loved Brave and the Bold. Loved it! I wouldn't compare it to TAS because they are such different animals. But BatB showed that a humerous Batman could work. Their take on Aquaman was the best.

crispy

I am beginning to wonder if taking away the park hopper and charging extra for it is hurting the other parks. We the price increases for tix and the park hopper add on it seems like people aren't bothering with DHS or DAK whereas before they could start there day there and then go over to Epcot or MK in the evening. Or vice versa. Either way you may have had people in the park for a half a day but at least spending money on food or merchandise but with making the park hopper so ridiculously priced you are losing that. Remember when they used to advertise about how you could park hop. Don't see them doing that anymore. So in there greed they may have helped things get so lopsided. I know when we used to go on vacation we park hopped everyday. We never spent the entire day in the same park. Now people may be getting to MK first thing in the morning. Splitting in the afternoon and then coming back in the evening. So instead of them going to another park they are leaving completely which means they aren't spending money in the park. I think taking away the park hopper may finally be blowing up in there face.

We discussed the park hopper option the other day and how NGE/MM+/FP+ seems to remove the incentive to park hop. I wonder how it all ties in together.

We have also discussed how marketing and new attractions seem to be really geared towards families with young children, and I wonder if this is another reason why park hopping has taken a hit (if indeed it has). We have two children ages 5 and 7, and we haven't park hopped but once since they were born because of the extra cost and time it takes. We tend to get in the parks early and focus on that park and then leave after dinner because of their bedtimes. Park hopping just doesn't make sense for us. I imagine that many families have the same issues.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Our experience is pretty much the same. Last visit, we were there for a week, and never even went to the Studios! We spend only a few hours at AK each visit for the FOTLK show, then leave. Most of our time was spent at the resort (BWV), DTD, and EPCOT!

sWANNISAX

I really want to do the universal golf but staying at disney its hard to justify paying the money for parking just for mini golf which is already overpriced. If i was staying on site at a uni property i would def. do it.

lebeau

I really want to do the universal golf but staying at disney its hard to justify paying the money for parking just for mini golf which is already overpriced. If i was staying on site at a uni property i would def. do it.

Given how over-priced staying on property at Disney is, you may want to reorganize your vacation priorities.

GLaDOS

I've never understood the idea of going to WDW or Uni and then doing mini golf. Or going bowling, for that matter. But that's just me...

It's a great time. Walt Disney World was not meant to be a theme park-centric vacation. It was meant for relaxation, water sports, golf, horseback riding, etc. It's good to get out of the parks and take advantage of the rest of the resort's (as well as Universal resort's) offerings.

nytimez

It's a great time. Walt Disney World was not meant to be a theme park-centric vacation. It was meant for relaxation, water sports, golf, horseback riding, etc. It's good to get out of the parks and take advantage of the rest of the resort's (as well as Universal resort's) offerings.

Oh, I get getting out of the parks and doing other things. I get the water sports and horseback riding, not everyone has access to those things at home.

I just don't get it when the other thing is mini golf or bowling that you can do at home. Even if they're "better" at WDW or Uni, I just don't see how it can be that much of an upgrade from what most people have access to at home to make it worthwhile.

I also don't understand why people would fly to Orlando, spend zillions on park tickets and hotels and then go to the movies. But, people do.

To each his own, I guess.

Funmeister

I've never understood the idea of going to WDW or Uni and then doing mini golf. Or going bowling, for that matter. But that's just me...

Most "real" resorts offer amenities such as spas, tennis courts, swimming pools and other recreation. Many guests wouldnt think to do that because most people that stay at Disney resorts stay to go to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, DHS or DAK...Central Florida Theme Parks.

I would say GF, CONTEMP, POLY, WL and FW could be exceptions to the rule because they do offer other amenities in addition to the parks...Central Florida Parks.

How neat is it that Disney offers a "magical" experience to those visiting all of the theme parks in Central Florida! Whats that you say? It's not supposed to be that way? Hmmmmmmm Times they are a changing!

GLaDOS

I just don't get it when the other thing is mini golf or bowling that you can do at home. Even if they're "better" at WDW or Uni, I just don't see how it can be that much of an upgrade from what most people have access to at home to make it worthwhile.

I can see a 3-D movie at home too, but I still go see MuppetVision.

And for the record, the minigolf at WDW and UOR is better thanks to how creative their courses are.

Plus, when DHS, EPCOT, and DAK are all closed by 9PM, my family is at the point where we don't need to park hop to MK for 3 more hours. We'd rather go have a nice time at Winter Summerland.

nytimez

Most "real" resorts offer amenities such as spas, tennis courts, swimming pools and other recreation. Many guests wouldnt think to do that because most people that stay at Disney resorts stay to go to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, DHS or DAK...Central Florida Theme Parks.

I would say GF, CONTEMP, POLY, WL and FW could be exceptions to the rule because they do offer other amenities in addition to the parks...Central Florida Parks.

How neat is it that Disney offers a "magical" experience to those visiting all of the theme parks in Central Florida! Whats that you say? It's not supposed to be that way? Hmmmmmmm Times they are a changing!

I would say a swimming pool is essential anywhere the temperature is regularly surface-of-the-sun hot. Mini golf and bowling... not really why I travel, personally, but again to each his own.

BryceM

I haven't done the CityWalk mini golf, but it looks fun. It does look neat at night, and I could see how that would entice more people to play during the later hours.

luv

Oh, I get getting out of the parks and doing other things. I get the water sports and horseback riding, not everyone has access to those things at home.

I also don't understand why people would fly to Orlando, spend zillions on park tickets and hotels and then go to the movies. But, people do.

To each his own, I guess.
LOL, I was just like you. If I could do it at home, I wasn't doing it in Orlando. I skipped water parks, mini-golf, movies, bowling...everything but the big 7 parks!!

No way I was paying for a night in a hotel so that we could play mini-golf, which we could do at home. Especially not when there were 7 parks to squeeze in that we couldn't do at home!!

I get it! I don't think everyone should do it that way, but I get where you're coming from!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom