Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Neo

Something to note about Jay Rasolu. He has always been opposed to spending big on e-tickets. When Strategic Planning was formed he was the first one who openly lobbied against building Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland specifically. He was also the one who originally scaled back the Fantasyland expansion at MK. He is a firm believer in spending the very least and pinching every penny possible from the guest so that profits are high and he looks good.

I'm almost positive especially after today's Miceage update that the eleborate plans for Star Wars, DHS makeover, and even Avatarland are purposely being stalled by Jay. He is going to have them hold off as long as possible and even then stretch it out over ridiculous timetables so that the money spent per year isn't as great . Idiot doesn't realize that Disney is in a very vulnerable position right now with competition and this snail crawl is going to corrode the brand and people will start disappearing from DL and Timeshare World.

aladdin2007

Something to note about Jay Rasolu. He has always been opposed to spending big on e-tickets. When Strategic Planning was formed he was the first one who openly lobbied against building Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland specifically. He was also the one who originally scaled back the Fantasyland expansion at MK. He is a firm believer in spending the very least and pinching every penny possible from the guest so that profits are high and he looks good.

I'm almost positive especially after today's Miceage update that the eleborate plans for Star Wars, DHS makeover, and even Avatarland are purposely being stalled by Jay. He is going to have them hold off as long as possible and even then stretch it out over ridiculous timetables so that the money spent per year isn't as great . Idiot doesn't realize that Disney is in a very vulnerable position right now with competition and this snail crawl is going to corrode the brand and people will start disappearing from DL and Timeshare World.

He needs to go already, and take a few others with him. Great post by the way.

ParentsOf4

I bet the DVC at the Polynesian is full steam ahead though, just with a smaller budget.:D

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Another problem I have with Disney's corporate philosophy is that you rarely hear any true firings going on. For once I'd like someone creative in charge that can fully have people in their way "Shown the door" and publicize it...take this company back from the pencil pushers and bean counters (as Walt himself called them)

Computer Magic

Another problem I have with Disney's corporate philosophy is that you rarely hear any true firings going on. For once I'd like someone creative in charge that can fully have people in their way "Shown the door" and publicize it...take this company back from the pencil pushers and bean counters (as Walt himself called them)
Except for the Disney has fired Jim Lewis, President of Disney Vacation Club

doctornick

@marni1971 Didn't you mention that Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor was coming to Disneyland? Now Al Lutz is saying MILF has been scrapped in favor of a Star Wars 3D film attraction to replace EO. Which frankly makes way more sense to me.

Would make sense and would probably be something easy to add to DHS (say, in the Sounds Dangerous or AIE buildings).

MILF makes no sense in Tomorrowland and is an especially odd choice when a Monstropolis area is being built across the way in DCA.

luv

Spirit,

Illness and death just suck. No way around them, no bright side. Just misery. But time really does do it's job. The wounds close. And the scars get less noticeable.

Hang in there. It's all any of us can do.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
74, sorry to hear about your friend.

Maybe the reason Nextgen costs have skyrocketed is because they had to hire people just to explain to the executives what the heck all of that stuff really does.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
74, sorry to hear about your friend.

Maybe the reason Nextgen costs have skyrocketed is because they had to hire people just to explain to the executives what the heck all of that stuff really does.
More likely they had to hire people to explain to executives what it DOESN'T do. :p

Lil Fort

@Lil Fort thanks for showing up and sharing what you know, regardless. It's always a pleasure to read your posts, even if that last one kinda made my brain leak out my nose. :)
Thanks! Sorry about your brain leak and sorry that I haven't been around much lately. This has been a crazy-busy summer for us. When I do have time to get online, I spend most of my time trying to catch up on everything I have missed and I don't have enough time to reply... Unless I'm paged, of course... ;) I can't wait to hear the rest of @WDW1974's news!

rodmansju

condolences @74. lost my mom to cancer, it was quick and it sucks. still does. but...shes in a better place...

did i read right? clients and partners mentioned heavily in whatever has been reviewed? is it me, or does that reek of NGE already being lined up/licensed/leveraged outside of WDW and in fact outside of Disney?

if so....the 2.8 billion dollar boat anchor might have the sting lessened somewhat.

i saw someone somewhere say people dislike NGE because its "new". i disagree. i think many, at least on here, who view it negatively do so because it is a tremendous capital expense in an area that did not seem to be a pressing need.

As a PM, i look at it as yes, in the long run, and even shorter term, it COULD be a good thing. the geek in me wanted to be using it when we are there next week. we book and plan things, so the added benefit would be enjoyed....but i would have found ways to spread the cost out over a longer period, or just slashed that budget ...something. cap NGE Phase 1 at a billion or so, and take some of that other money and put some new rides, full on refurbs or other physical plant investments-transportation etc.

Cardinals314

Well, this thread was made almost 7 days ago, technically it will be 7 days around 1am or so. This thread has as many posts as the Spirited News, Observations, and Rumors Tres had in 20 days. And I thought there was more to talk about in the last thread, but I guess that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom