Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So please enlighten me. If walks should not be seated before ADRs or after ADRs how do you seat them at the same time and how does that not PUNISH those with the ADRs? Do i need my tin foil hat to understand your response?

Whatever makes reading easier for you, I suppose. But, as others have pointed out, your tenor and history all but assure you won't be here for long, so I'll let your Little Richard routine play itself out with someone else.....

And good luck to those Bulls. Hope they bring home some more wins for you.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The day I walk up to a restaurant host/hostess, ask for a table and they tell me I should have made ressies six months ago, I will laugh in their face and take my happy pappy place somewhere else, and GLADLY do it, too.
Unfortunately, when you finally make your trip to WDW you are going to need to either make ADRs in advance or bring a bag lunch with you or maybe get stuck eating at Cosmic Rays...I hear they have a decent turkey sandwich;)

How did we start talking about ADRs anyway? I thought we were still talking about predators and magic wrist bands. I can't keep up.

Disneyhead'71

Sorry but Walk Ins should be the bottom of the barrel. Still get the same food and service but their wait should not be concern of the front of the house since they could not take the time to make a reservation
Last time I was at DHS not a single Table Service was taking walk ups. Not a single one. No matter how long I wanted to wait. And you could clearly see LOTS of empty tables through the windows. LOTS! Did I mention it was the LAST TIME I was at DHS.

Last time I was at DHS not a single Table Service was taking walk ups. Not a single one. No matter how long I wanted to wait. And you could clearly see LOTS of empty tables through the windows. LOTS! Did I mention it was the LAST TIME I was at DHS.

Empty Tables cannot always be filled. Short Staffing is a big problem they need to work on

GoofGoof

Premium Member
and how bad was the PR hit for any of these companies?
Acxiom
Epsilon (Alliance Data Systems)
Equifax
Experian
Harte-Hanks
Intelius
FICO
Merkle
Meredith Corp
So bad.. that before today you probably had not even heard Markey singled them out too?
We are in a transition period.. during which there is always speculation and media can go up or down on the speculation. Are they excited or worried? Are the painting gloom or sunshine? This stuff happens to everyone.. be it a new Movie.. or Apple's new toy.
I'd be more worried once Disney actually rolls out the programs.. the info is out there.. and then people are still unhappy.
Disney took YEARS of flak over the biometrics system. I doubt it ever really kept people away...

The difference is a lot of people probably haven't even heard of some of these companies or know what they do let alone know they were investigated. If I'm a reporter and I write a story on Acxiom being investigated I get page 8 of the business section. A sexy headline like Disney using magic braceletts to track your children gets the front page or at least close to it. Or since nobody reads papers anymore if both of these headlines show up on the Yahoo main page my guess is the Disney story gets a lot more hits. Not saying its fair or right, but the headline will grab attention.

I don't think this derails the project or anything and I don't think the privacy concerns are a big deal (like the biometrics) but it's still bad PR. I never really thought it would get much beyond a few disgruntled comments from some fans.

Californian Elitist

A couple years ago Chicago banned fro gras(sic) so out of protest the owner of Hot Dougs created a Dog that had fro gras on top of it and came with fries cooked in duck fat and topped with Truffle oil and truffle salt. Chicago finally wizened up and lifted the ban.

Wow. What an interesting story. Duck fat sounds really disgusting, though.

As a parent Disneyhead has every right to worry about his daughter, only someone with no remorse or scruples would try to use that in an argument. Whether it be Disney, a daycare or an online game if there is any doubt that there could be an issue with my children's safety or privacy I will question it

Its funny how when I was a child we used to never have to tell our parents where we were going, how late we were staying out, etc. and nothing happened to us and and we grew up to be productive members of society. And how now kids are so sheltered that they are failing to make in the real world. Buts thats a discussion for a different time. He has no right to scream about something he has no knowledge about. He thinks that every front line CM will have all his and his daughters personal info. That is borderline insane behavior.

crispy

I mean it is crazy to think that restaurants take reservations more than a month out. I mean it is not like places like Alinea or Next in Chicago dont book up 4-6 months ahead of time, which they do. Or a place like French Laundry in California which books up 2 months ahead of time and of which you need to call exactly at 12 PST in order to try to get a reservation. Or a place like 11 Madison Park in New York which fills up 30 days ahead of time. But yeah sorry I need my tin foil hat and need to yell at how bad Disney is because of ADRs and FP+ and how they are evil for datamining.

Places like Le Cellier and Be Our Guest are not in the same league as French Laundry and Alinea. There is a reason those places are booked up months in advance. There is no reason that any place at WDW with the possible exception of Victoria & Albert's needs to be booked 6 months in advance.

Captain Chaos

I'm sorry. Did you just call @ParentsOf4 a liar? You must be new. Go sit at the kids table honey, the grown ups have important grown up things to talk about.
New? Been here since 2010... 41 posts in one night... This is a reincarnation of a former member... give it time...

Need to edit: troll now has over 100 posts, all in one night, all in this thread... all calling other members names, all meant to cause a fight, all meant to derail the thread... so, um, yea...

Disneyhead'71

He knows nothing. He thinks that EVERY CM will know EVERYTHING about ALL GUESTS. Guess what? They wont. Spending habits and favorite characters is harmless info. Sorry I trust credible members, Monty being one of them. I dont trust conspiracy theorists with no understanding of the situation.
I didn't say every CM will know everything as most don't even care enough to know what they should know. But I think it is a fair question to ask how much they can know if they have the desire to know.

Californian Elitist

Food at Pinks. Sorry again lol

That's okay. I usually just get a regular chili cheese dog, or one with bacon (so fantastic). There's a Lord of the Rings dog that I really want to try. As you can assume, it comes with onion rings. Even though I've yet to try it, I'd recommend that. Or the bacon chili cheese one. They have so many different combinations, it's hard to keep up! The menu is long.

The Lord of the Rings dog is in the back:

pinks-dogs.jpg

tomman710

A couple years ago Chicago banned fro gras(sic) so out of protest the owner of Hot Dougs created a Dog that had fro gras on top of it and came with fries cooked in duck fat and topped with Truffle oil and truffle salt. Chicago finally wizened up and lifted the ban.

But Disney hasn't lifted their ban.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom