Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

M.rudolf

Sorry, quoting your PM volume is not valid proof for any argument, as it cannot be substantiated by anyone but yourself. That's like saying "I'm right because I said I'm right." Even Wikipedia provides better backup.

Of your 43 posts on this forum, 25 on them have been on this thread alone. You really cannot even start to compare yourself to 74.
Didn't you know he's the all seeing oracle. Everyone pm's him, I didn't know that dining staff had replaced bus drivers in rumor starting though. He's so big soon wd will have a meet and great for the all powerful all knowing Siroinksalot

Nemo14

So... to lighten things up a bit - I had a dream last night about trying to go to WDW but they wouldn't let me in with my no expiration ticket. Then I turned around and there was this huge baricade of people in Disney costumes.
yelrotflmao.gif

I may have liked Les Mis a bit too much....

Do you hear the people sing?

SirLink

Whether the data mining aspects succeed or fail the infrastructure isn't going anywhere. The wrist bands could be converted back to plastic cards if they are really unpopular but the scanners are there to stay. No turning back to the old school FP machines or room locks. FP+ could be tweaked any number of ways if it flops, but I doubt anyone will admit that it is a failure or abandon hopes of turning a profit.

Or they could get rid of FP+ altogether go to an electronic fastpass system -make it a perk to staying in Deluxe and Moderate resorts. Attach fastpass back to more important rides in the parks. Each person is given 1 token for each of these rides for every 7 days, when they use their token for Splash mountain they can't gain another one for 7 days ... oh wait maybe I should fully develop these proposals and send them individually to the BoD...

pixargal

This will ultimately bite Disney back. As this happens the already large portion doing just this or venturing off property will continue to grow. Even if DVC Members only make up *<10% of daily attendance it will give a swift kick in the boys. DVC sales have slowed over what they were 18 months ago. The faux cover of TDO having high numbers do to DVC sales only goes so far. When GF DVC is announced lose to the $200/point price range more will turn the cheek and venture to resale. DVC will be the most interesting variable IMO with how this all plays out. The owner's board will be intriguing as well.
I think a lot of DVC owners are confused about how it will affect them. We bought resale last year, but had I known then what I know now about NexGen, I probably wouldn't have bought. This will indeed change the way my family vacations. Probaly more trips to Hilton Head.

the.dreamfinder

My main objection is to the tracking/Big Brother elements and being required to plan every minute detail months in advance. I actually find some aspects quite intriguing but not worth the money they are spending nor worth the potential downside.
I'd rather have well maintained attractions, excellent customer service and a steady stream of new offerings at the parks. I would say that the only good part of next gen is the My Disney Experience app, but I like to NOT use my iPhone on vacation.

Paper maps all the way!!

SirOinksALot

Didn't you know he's the all seeing oracle. Everyone pm's him, I didn't know that dining staff had replaced bus drivers in rumor starting though. He's so big soon wd will have a meet and great for the all powerful all knowing sirloinksalot
You know how you earn someone's respect? Not posting everything you know.

lazyboy97o

Here's a wild theory.... those with more knowledge on this feel free to shoot this down.

(And for the record I think Marvel is just fine where it's current address is in the East Coast).

If the TWDC changes the name of Marvel to 'Disney-Marvel', would IOA have to display that in their parks (or anywhere they wish to advertise the fact that the Marvel IP resides in their park)? Would IOA be allowed to just use the characters without any reference to it's parent? If these questions are answered in TWDC's favor, could this be an attempt to add a 'poison pill' to the agreement, hoping that they just walk away from the IP? (of course, 'Disney-Marvel' would be a poison pill to the Marvel fanbase....
I would think that making Disney characters part of the families of Marvel characters would give Universal the East Coast rights to those Disney characters. But this theory also falls into the fallacy that The Walt Disney Company as a whole is all that concerned about Marvel Super Hero Island. It's bringing in money without cost. Your idea also risks doing serious damage to the Marvel brand, making the acquisition a $4 billion waste.

M.rudolf

You know how you earn someone's respect? Not posting everything you know.
I'm sure your employers love you. It's funny because being a disney employee you should realize that any of the supposed info you've posted here would result in immediate termination, unless you are a plant and disney approves of your posts. So by your above statement you are conceding that my posts are correct. Believe me I don't post everything I know. Numerous posters here can verify this. If I did the boards here would really be let down by how many blue sky attractions never see the light of day and by the some of the ways disney looks at the guests that patron them.

M.rudolf

No. We may disagree on some things, but the respected regulars will respect that I am resisting you egging me on.
From what I've seen the regulars here are waiting for a little substance to go with the spectacle. Egg you on,that's not intentional at all. I just love how you've seen all the supposed upcoming plans for the world and the majority of your posts only refer to nextgen and the continued attack on anyone that questions the implementation of it. But I guess I forgot everyone here must respect and shower the great Siroinksalot with praise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom