Spiderman 2 *spoilers*

MKCustodial

Vince, I know Hobby is a different person, and that harry was the second Green Goblin. But I think they'll go for Hobby simply to use diversity. And sell different toys, obviously.

CrashNet

Wilt Dasney said:
Dr. Connors is Peter's college professor in the movie, and, as he informs Pete at one point, a personal friend of Dr. Octavius.
WOW...I must have been asleep when I typed that post. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I must say, they really DID setup a LOT of villians for the next movie. I think that would awesome if they had more than one villian in the next movie. As good as this one was (SM2), I don't know how else they could top it!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Saw it yesterday morning. INCREDIBLE film. Now in my favorite movies of all time list. It mixed humor and a lot of action, which turns out into a perfect film. Tobey Maguire did an excellent job again, and Alfred Molina was great to play Doc Ock, though I wish Ock had a few more scenes in the movie. Kirsten Dunst was good as well. And Danny Elfman provided us with an excellent score. I'll definitely be seeing this again.

As for that last scene with Harry.....I just pray the plastic Green Goblin doesn't return. :lol: I'm still hoping for Venom and the Hobgoblin in the next film. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Electro or The Lizard though.

imagineer99

GaryT977 said:
My only complaint is that now that Harry knows, why doesn't Peter explain that he didn't kill Harry's father?
Sorry to join the party so late...but I just saw the movie yesterday.

Anyways, the answer to your question is that at the end of the first film, as Osborn is dieing he turns to Peter Parker, and says "don't tell Harry." I believe that Peter is just following his wishes. However, I agree that I wish he would just tell Harry. Then again, Harry wouldn't develop that whole double persona and then wouldn't become the next great villain.

Anyways, I really liked the movie. There are parts that I thought were a tad dumb (the whole carrying of Spiderman by the pedestrians on the train was a little cheesy), but overall it was well done. The spiderman movies are great strictly because they are serious enough without taking themselves too seriously. You feel like you are watching the extravagance of a comic book without feeling like you are watching something dumbed down for the average pedestrian.

This is a hard thing to accomplish. If you lay on the reality too thickly, you get the mess that was "Hulk." If you go for too much frivolty, you're left with the last two "Batman" movies.

My thoughts on the next movie's villains are pretty simple...
I think that Harry will be Hobgoblin. As was mentioned earlier, even though Hobgoblin is a different person all together in the comics, having the same villain back in the third will cause a lack in variety. If you notice, there are two gliders that Harry finds in the end of the movie. The double glider is a trademark of Hobgoblin (as are the exploding pumpkins).

I also think that we will be seeing Lizard (due to Doc Connors). I wouldn't count out that John Jameson could make an appearance as the Wolf.

Eddie Brock was simply mentioned in the first movie. So, he is a part of the movie universe. However, as was already mentioned, I think the Venom storyline is a little too complicated to be thrown into the mix. The whole symbiotic relationship would be better shown in a spinoff movie. That way you could get Carnage in there as well.

Anyways, sorry for rambling, I'm excited to see the third movie...I just hope they don't put in too many villains. Otherwise, they won't be developed enough individually, and we have a clad of unidentified villains in rubber suits.

The problem is that Spiderman has so many GREAT villains (i.e. Mysterio, shocker, vulture, the hunter, Rhino, Scorpion, venom, carnage, hobgoblin) that they all simply can't be included...

*stops boring everyone and stops typing*;)

MerHearted

Spider-man: Look at me! I'm rich! I'm rich! I'm filthy stinkin' rich! 180 million in 6 days! Hahahahahaha! And they say crimefighting doesn't pay... *rolls around in his piles and piles of money* :lol:

careship

I guess I'll be putting myself in the line of fire also.....

I heard how good it was and really liked the first one so I took the boys to see it over the weekend. I don't get all the hype for this one. I didn't think it was any better then the first. In fact, I didn't like it as well as I liked the first one. I did think they set up the 3rd movie really well though. I thought alot of the movie was just too blah. It didn't hold my attention, there was too much non-spidey action going on and they lapsed so much in time during that period that I was kindof bored by it or maybe puzzled by it. Maybe it's because we don't read the comics I don't know. The boys liked it but they didn't come out of the theater saying can we see it again. They tend to do that with movies they really like. So, while I am glad it has done so well and everyone loved it, we just didn't feel the love for it. It was good. I didn't waste my money by seeing it, but it wasn't great for us.

On another note......we rented Teacher's Pet and Catch That Kid this weekend. Teacher's Pet was cute we saw it in the theater when it was out. As for Catch That Kid.....what company put that movie out? I really thought it was going to be different then it was and was a bit disappointed but that was because I thought it was gonna be Spy Kid type and it wasn't. It was an ok movie though.

Oneofakind0490

Harry will not be Hobgoblin. Hobgoblin is a different person that stole the Green Goblins stuff from his stock. In the comic Harry becomes Green Goblin 2 and the Hobgoblin and Harry hate each other. THe director of the film also doesnt like Venom so he probly wont be in the third. At the end when Mj leaves the wedding to go see Peter they should have had her say "Tiger you just hit the jackpot". They used that line in the comic when Peter answered the door and it was her. It was better than "Tiger go get them".

GoofBall06

I LOVED this movie. i thought it was way better than the first. The ending reminded me of a Return of the King ending...how it would fade..then you think it is over, only to realize it shows another ending. haha. it wasnt as long as the LOR ending of course. lol i just LOVED that movie!!!

Wilt Dasney

Oneofakind0490 said:
Harry will not be Hobgoblin. Hobgoblin is a different person that stole the Green Goblins stuff from his stock. In the comic Harry becomes Green Goblin 2 and the Hobgoblin and Harry hate each other.

Yeah, but this is Hollywood. They're not bound by continuity. Raimi has done a fairly decent job of sticking to the comics, from what I know of them, but he could break from them any time. I would just be a little surprised if we see another Green Goblin. These blockbuster summer series typically aren't too big on repetition. But...we shall see.

At the end when Mj leaves the wedding to go see Peter they should have had her say "Tiger you just hit the jackpot". They used that line in the comic when Peter answered the door and it was her. It was better than "Tiger go get them".

I thought the same thing. I was sitting there, waiting for her to say it.

MKCustodial

Wilt Dasney said:
Yeah, but this is Hollywood. They're not bound by continuity. Raimi has done a fairly decent job of sticking to the comics, from what I know of them, but he could break from them any time. I would just be a little surprised if we see another Green Goblin. These blockbuster summer series typically aren't too big on repetition. But...we shall see.

Agreed. Of course, he has already broken from his source, since apparently half of New York knows who Spidey is, but I digress...

Wilt Dasney said:
I thought the same thing. I was sitting there, waiting for her to say it.

Same here, it was very disappointing... :animwink:

DisneyFan 2000

Bump. :) I just saw the movie. I must say it's brilliant! Everything from the storyline to the action sequences or soundtrack. Everything was top notch! I was thrilled during many times of the film. It always made me anxious to know what happens! I'm usually not this hyped up, especialy after seeing the movie! :lol: Amazing work, Marvel's best movie if you ask me!

On a few side notes, did anyone else notice Peter's teacher had no arm? (*coughLizardcough*). Maybe I'm dreaming but it could be! I'd like the third movie to have Venom! He's so underrated! He's one of Spidermans most disgusting and scary villians! Much more than the Lizard or the Goblin. (although the new goblin will kick serious @$$).

I give this movie a 10/10! If anyone hasn't seen it, see it! BTW, the only reason I haven't seen it earlier is because it's only its first week in Israel! :D

Legacy

DisneyFan 2000 said:
On a few side notes, did anyone else notice Peter's teacher had no arm? (*coughLizardcough*). Maybe I'm dreaming but it could be! I'd like the third movie to have Venom! He's so underrated! He's one of Spidermans most disgusting and scary villians! Much more than the Lizard or the Goblin. (although the new goblin will kick serious @$$).
Considering the professor was also named Chris Conner, which is the name of the Lizard, I would assume you are right.

And I don't know why you say Venom is underrated. Venom is the most popular of the Spiderman villians.

imagineer99

^^ Exactly!

Venom is such a popular character that he even Spawned his very own comic book spinoff...

Frankly, I think the character is just too popular not to be seen on screen.
I think the next movie is going to start with Jameson returning from the moon, attached to his shuttle will be the Venom suit.

I saw the second movie and I loved it. They made a great setup for the 3rd movie.

But having not read the comic books, I'm confused about a few things. Who is Eddie Brock?? Did he appear in any of the movies?? Also, I don't understand Venom.

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

imagineer99

Eddie Brock is a Bugal reporter. He is mentioned very briefly in the first movie. In the comics, the venom symbiote eventually bonds to Brock, and feeds off his cravings for revenge after losing his job.

Venom is a symbiotic suit from space. Intially, I believe it bonds with Parker.

Number_6

Just a couple of side notes that don't have to do with the main story of SM2, which by the way, I loved. The first is Stan Lee had a cameo almost identical to his cameo in the first movie, where he pulls someone to safety during a fight that SpiderMan has with the villain. I thought that was kinda funny. Also, I loved Bruce Campbell as the usher at the theater that MJ is performing at with his shaking of the finger and pointing at the signs saying "No seating once performance has started." It was just great.

One other thing, not movie related, but related to the game they developed as a tie-in to it. They use the island of Manhattan as the backdrop for the game, much like most of the movie, and they cool thing is that they included Ground Zero with the spotlights that aim straight up to shine the beams of light in place of the Twin Towers. I thought that was a really nice touch.

DisneyFan 2000

Legacy said:
Considering the professor was also named Chris Conner, which is the name of the Lizard, I would assume you are right.

And I don't know why you say Venom is underrated. Venom is the most popular of the Spiderman villians.

Sorry, I'm no comic buff and I forget Lizard's original name so my only clue was the no hand appearance. :D

I say Venom is underrated because I keep seeing people request for so many villians for each movie yet Venom is always forgot by most. I know he's poular in the comics yet somehow whenever there's talk about the movies he's left out. Although Doc Oc had cool fighting sequences he wasn't the villian I expected from movie #2. He was more of a man with an inner struggle which kinda took away from him the villian face... If I'm not making any sence I'm sorry! :lol:

Oh and on a side note, for the one who said that Peter's Aunt hitting Doc Oc was silly, I disagree. It was a really nice touch and kinda followed the message of the movie: "I believe there's a hero in all of us" (same goes for the train sequence). Just my opinion.

imagineer99

Yeah, but could an old Woman really surrvive what she went through! :confused:

Gwen Stacey died doing the exact same thing (and she was young). That bugged me just a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom