Spiderman 2 *spoilers*

DisneyFan 2000

imagineer99 said:
Yeah, but could an old Woman really surrvive what she went through! :confused:

Can a man really create webs and swing through New York? It all depends where you'd like reality to appear. Imo that part was good, even though unrealistic. It's all a matter of personal taste. ;)

MKCustodial

DisneyFan 2000 said:
Can a man really create webs and swing through New York? It all depends where you'd like reality to appear. Imo that part was good, even though unrealistic. It's all a matter of personal taste. ;)

That's not really the point. Spidey's stories have always been realistic withint ehir fantastic realm. Spidey has money problems, many times fight super-villains with a cold or a stomach ache and injuries himself while super-heroing. He's not Superman, you know. So two scenes on the new movie did make me wince: him saving Aunt May with a web line and the whole train stopping scene. Much like the bridge scene on Spider-Man 1, he would have dislocated both shoulders if he tried that on the comics. And as Imagineer99 pointed out, the way he saved Aunt May was exactly how Gwen Stacy died. He beats himslef because of that to this day, and from then on has been careful to always jump after the person instead of going with the instinctive urge of using his webbing. In fact, in the comic adaptation of the movie, he does indeed jump after her, instead of using the webbing. And also, 2 other differences that, to me, made the adaptation better: MJ says "Face it, Tiger, you just hit jackpot" when she enters his apartment dressed as a bride at the end, which is kind of a classic line for her, and Peter doesn take his mask off to talk to Ock, the villain umasks him, which makes much more sense to me. Unfortunately, there was no going around the unmasking on the train scene, so that had to stay the same. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom