Speculation of outbreak of Norwalk Virus at WDW?

jmvd20

I was sick last week myself, even though I was never closer than about 1000 miles to WDW I am positive I got sick because of them. Most likely I came into contact with someone who was at WDW and then contracted the virus from them while it was incubating.

I think the only way to correct this situation is through litigation...

I was sick last week myself, even though I was never closer than about 1000 miles to WDW I am positive I got sick because of them. Most likely I came into contact with someone who was at WDW and then contracted the virus from them while it was incubating.

I think the only way to correct this situation is through litigation...

:lol:

Well, my visit to WDW starts on Friday and although I know it's true that people get sick everywhere and not just WDW, this thread does make me worry a little.

I suppose it really is just the size of the crowds at Disney that make the sickness rate high though.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
:lol:

Well, my visit to WDW starts on Friday and although I know it's true that people get sick everywhere and not just WDW, this thread does make me worry a little.

I suppose it really is just the size of the crowds at Disney that make the sickness rate high though.

Its no coincidence that rather than staying sick at home in isolation wich would be the norm, being on holiday people go out spreading the virus/germ unintentionally.

Besides I like Pepto Bismol.

mrtoad

Hi,

After reading all these posts I am now paranoid one of us will get sick. :eek:

We have two buffet character meals booked, Chef Mickey's and Akershus. Am I being silly for thinking of changing those or is it a realistic possibility that my fears are genuine and we should change our bookings?

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

jmvd20

Hi,

We have two buffet character meals booked, Chef Mickey's and Akershus. Am I being silly for thinking of changing those or is it a realistic possibility that my fears are genuine and we should change our bookings?

Since my wife, son and I have already been sick recently I think your best course of action is to stay at home and give your tickets and hotel reservations to us. Since we have already been sick I feel that my families immune systems will be able to fend off the bugs at WDW and therefore can enjoy it without falling ill! :D

freediverdude

Ah, so THIS is what I had all of Christmas week. I went to Magic Kingdom Dec. 20th, and then about 36 hours later, I was in the worst shape I've been in since childhood flu. 8 solid hours of puking, then diarrhea, puking, then diarrhea, over and over. Then could not eat ANYTHING for days- like 3 days later I finally was able to eat something resembling a meal, and even then, just bland stuff. Takes a couple weeks til you're really feeling normal again. Please hope you don't get this. Thank goodness I had that whole week off as vacation and could just lay at home resting. And I'm an OCD person about washing hands and stuff too, didn't help.

JWG

Refused to read this thread until we returned yesterday from WDW. As far as I know, the 7 of us who visited have yet to get sick, really.

On Monday night late (11p) I started to feel ill and spent quality time learning the finer design of the Old Key West bathroom. Never actually threw up though. Spent yesterday wishing I wasn't on an airplane, but again, never threw up.

That's the worst any of us have been. I think this is more likely related to the air travel and gestation period than it is WDW.

Due to size and scope, I'm sure you can find any large number of people who are sick while at Disney each and every day.

Huck

:ROFLOL:Have you or any of your loved ones been ill either before, during or after a vacation in or within 700 miles of Walt Disney World? If so, you may be entitiled to a substantial cash settlement. Call the law offices of Huey, Dewey and Louie right away!:ROFLOL:

dsnyfreak

I was just there in January and I just thought it was something I ate at the food court. I was at the all star sports and for about 24 hours I was miserable!:(

WDW1974

I think far fewer peeps would get ill at WDW if they had hand sanitizers at buffets and even quick serve locales with those fixing bars, and they made sure everyone had to use it ... like on cruise ships.

People are pigs. And that's the biggest reason why so many things are going around.

Just watch people in a restaurant or public restroom and you'll never want to go out again.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

jt04

I think far fewer peeps would get ill at WDW if they had hand sanitizers at buffets and even quick serve locales with those fixing bars, and they made sure everyone had to use it ... like on cruise ships.

People are pigs. And that's the biggest reason why so many things are going around.

Just watch people in a restaurant or public restroom and you'll never want to go out again.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

I'm sure it's been required in the "stimulus" bill that all the "pigs" keep their hands clean with the government mandated hand sanitizer! Thank goodness Obama is cleaning up the masses for you and me. Thanks commrade.:wave:

pass the pixie dust:lol:

GSpiff

Hi,

You could cancel your plans, but why? Is it really worth sacrificing a great memorable trip in the off chance you'll get sick? And realistically, yeah, there's a lot of people that get sick at Disney, but how many people aren't getting sick?

My advice is eccinacea, it really works well in helping keep healthy. There's also a couple things you can do if you do get sick and want to help ease the nausea. Dramamine is actually an anti-emetic (anti-vomit), and can be effective in helping prevent the nasty stuff. If you're not into medicines, two really good natural products are Nauzene and Emetrol. They're not quite as strong, but they do help ease the discomfort.

hp200lx

I still think this was hooey.

Just your average Andromeda Strains, China Syndromes, Etc.
:shrug:
...:brick::brick::brick::brick:
I TOTALLY agree, this thread is just getting way out of hand. THIS VIRUS IS EVERYWHERE! I REPEAT EVERYWHERE. Coast to coast, it is not from,because of or limited to WDW. Realize you are coming in contact with more people at WDW in a day then you most likely will in a week in your regular every day lives so the chance for ANY sickness to spread is way more likely. All this thread is doing is spreading paranoia and fear amongst people and causing them to want to cancel their trips, dining reservations etc. I would ask that the thread be locked but I know thats not going to happen...I plead to you, please dont cancel your dining reservations, trips etc because of this thread. I had it, my dad had it and my coworkers had it, and NONE of us, nor anyone we knew/know have been anywhere near WDW. Please continue on with your normal trip plans...sit back...relax...and enjoy your trips!:)Please?! I know I will be next month.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I totally agree. This thread is doing nothing but causing people to panic. People refuse to actually read the thread and are canceling their trips because of the sensationalized headline.

BelleGurl

Sorry to hear of the people getting sick. But no reason to cancel your trip plans due to a virus. As long as you wash your hands, and don't get around (sneezing, vomiting, etc) people, you should be fine.

On my trip to the Polynesian in 2007 or 2008, I remember there being someone vomiting in one of the public bathrooms. We walked away so fast so we would not catch anything.

But enjoy your trips people, don't worry about getting sick.:eek:

Huck

Heck, if you're just going to vomit anyway, just spend your whole trip riding Mission:Space over and over again!!

jmvd20

It truly amazes me how panicky people can be...

Then again most of the time I get sick it is because people at work are sick - perhaps I will cancel work from here on out.

Watcha ya'll think about that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom