Speculation of outbreak of Norwalk Virus at WDW?

bugsbunny

Count me as one who had this mystery disease! It was not fun. :(

Yep...I was at Port Orleans Riverside and on the 14 was when I got sick.

I'm still having trouble eating sometimes...it's been almost 2 weeks. My stomach will just start aching.

I came in through the Orlando Airport...

I also left present in the trash can outside the airport too...:lookaroun

Was at WL 12/4 and within a few days after arrival was crippled by it. Started in the middle of the night with the WORST gas pains I ever experienced. Then abut mid morning is when the good stuff started happening. Couldnt stop putting either end over the toilet for about 12 hours. If I was in any other country but the United States, I would begin to wonder if I had cholera. It was that bad. Never ever been that sick with an gastrointestinal problem in my life. It seemed like it didnt stop until after I had chugged an entire bottle of Pepto in only about 6 hours. I feared dehydration simply becuase of the unbelievable amount of fluid I was passing in such a short period of time.

After those symptoms passed, was just completely exhausted and unable to get any energy for days. Plus, my stomach felt like it had steel wool in it for the next few days. That made it even harder to eat anything more than a few bites and get any strength.

Anyone who gets this will be absolutely miserable on their vaction and I could only hope you don't experience while traveling back home. Ugh.

DonaldDoleWhip

I definitely believe this is going on. After all, I saw CM's cleaning up vomit at the GF monorail station, Poly volcano pool, Splash Mountain queue, and Toy Story Mania queue.

Luckily, none of us got sick, but I would definitely be careful.

MAGICFLOP

I hate to say it, but this virus is almost everywhere....

My elderly parents picked it up on the 18th and I have seen it quite a lot over the past few weeks in NJ too.​

disney4life2008

I got sick

Well not from the outbreak...

I arrived in Disney with a clogged ear that lasted for about 4 days. Then I was fine for about 1 day. Then the 2nd time I went to Epcot - I was sick that day (sugar was low I think). Then I was fine the next day. Then I came down with a cold that last 2 days before I was to leave. Then I developed a boil 3 days before I was to leave on my waist area that was a royal pain. In the end...

I did not ruin my trip and I loved being with my boyfriend.

DryCreek

Actually, this sounds more like

It appears I'm another victim. We were at the WL from the 19th through the 22nd. Not sure what the gestation period is, but by 8am on Christmas Eve I started feeling a little funky. Down hill from there, and now I'm stuck at home on Christmas while the rest of the family is out. :cry: Oh well, at least the bad stuff seems to be over, now I've just got it coming out one end :lol: and feel weak. Hopefully I'm the only one that gets it. Better me than the kids.

You may have contracted a severe case of WDW Withdrawal!
We all know what the only approved cure is - book for the FALL!

Chape19714

I definitely believe this is going on. After all, I saw CM's cleaning up vomit at the GF monorail station, Poly volcano pool, Splash Mountain queue, and Toy Story Mania queue.

Luckily, none of us got sick, but I would definitely be careful.

Nothing new there...people always seem to get sick in line for TSM, trust me...

EpcotServo

Nothing new there...people always seem to get sick in line for TSM, trust me...

:lol: :dazzle:

Anyhoo, is the infection over yet?

Can we leave the Safe Room?

picture.php

WishIwasThere

Some friends were down at WDW for the marathon a few weeks ago and one of them got severly sick. He fell over and hit his head. They took him to the hospital for observation. He though it was food poisoning, but they were staying at the Yacht Club, so maybe it was this virus? He is alright now, but missed running the marathon and unfortunately his hospital bill is more than his insurace covers, so he has filed a claim with WDW for reimbursement...we'll see what happens.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Some friends were down at WDW for the marathon a few weeks ago and one of them got severly sick. He fell over and hit his head. They took him to the hospital for observation. He though it was food poisoning, but they were staying at the Yacht Club, so maybe it was this virus? He is alright now, but missed running the marathon and unfortunately his hospital bill is more than his insurace covers, so he has filed a claim with WDW for reimbursement...we'll see what happens.

Talk about your frivolous lawsuits. :eek:

Tom

Beta Return

Oh, I didn't realize it was WDW's responsibility to prevent everyone on property from getting ill.

I'll remember that next time I'm there and get a cold. They owe me free NyQuil.

Disney_Belle

I was there from the 16th - the 24th of January and we stayed at Pop Century and the rest of our party stayed at Fort Wilderness in the cabins.

Luckily none of us got the virus!!!

I did notice a lot of coughing and sniffly people, but no run-ins with vomit or vomit-ers thankfully.

Of the 16 of us, my grandmother caught a cold the last two days. Other than that none of us were sick during the trip.

However 3 days after returning home, I was confined to the couch for almost 4 days with a horrendous head cold/sinus issue.

But as far as our trip, none of us got sick during it.

PinMadness

Hm.

I recently moved back to Chicago after completing a Professional Internship.

While I was still in FL, I went out to Yachtsman Steakhouse on 12/18 with two of my best friends as a farewell dinner. After dinner, I went to bake cookies at one of their apartments and ended up throwing up in his bushes. I thought it was food poisoning at first, but both of my friends ate the same exact thing and they were okay. I was extremely ill on the 19th. It was actually supposed to be my last day at work, but I was too sick to go in :( I was still sick on the 20th in the morning, but was able to get up and move about by the late afternoon. I didn't feel 100% until Christmas Eve right before I rolled into Chicago.

Rabflmom

myself and my mum just spent the last 90 days at the disney parks and did not get sick with those symptoms nor did we see anyone else getting sick!!!!!:mad:

I live here and the only place I have seen any mention of people getting sick in the parks is on the message boards. We really haven't had a lot flu or even colds etc. around here. I have to say people get sick even on vacations. If one person in your group catches something it is likely that others will pick it up from them. The plane down is the breeding grounds for germs. I seem to get sick after I fly-even in first class.

nmj91385

My extended family of 17 were at Pop Century from Jan. 14-20. In that time 4 of us got these same symptoms. It came on fast and hard. It lasted about 8 hours and then everyone was fine.

pixiedust1010

I live here in Celebration and spent all of last weekend at Disney. After my company left, I came down with a severe stomach virus. I went to the doctor here at Celebration and he said its been going around lately. I don't know if its Norwalk, but it's terrible! I've been sick since Tuesday and haven't been able to eat at all.

We just got home last night, and my boyfriend came down with it a 5:00 am. He has been throwing up all day, it's terrible. He can't even keep water down. I dunno if he caught it there or the plane ride home.

TikiGod

It’s still going around, we just got back from a week at the world and my wife came down with this stomach virus on day two. We ran into several other couples at SSR that had come down with the virus as well. Come prepared.

We still managed a great trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom